SaltCritters.com

Once In A Life-time Nano!!!

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

finished minus holes and coupling... holes are every 2" for future reference....

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

installed... i am planning on either painting the vertical tube and coupling black or covering them with LR... Any ideas... i bought enamel spray paint, but i'm not going to use it until some one tells me it's ok to use.. i could not find any black epoxy paint...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

a side view.. i had to trim the black tube (stock return tube... to move the spray bar closer to the back... More trimming to come most likely...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

here is the PVC coupling

I spent $20 at HD i bought 10 ft 1/2'' cpvc, 10 elbows, ball vlave (for later), some mpt adapters, cpvc adhesive, coupling, end cap, spray paint, and a T-joint... Ialso just ordered my Via Aqua 1300 pump, two flared nozzles, and 2 mpt/ Lock-line adapters shipped from drs foster & smith for $36

Reefer_Buddha

ahh yes...the soon to be familiar feeling you'll have called "Empty Wallet Syndrome". We've all been there and will probably keep reliving this horrible affliction for years to come.

Comin together nicely. Although i wouldnt just put the spray bar there laying on the sand. You should look up a thread about undergravel jets. That would be pimp nutty. :P

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

well it will be covered by LR eventually... Thanks though... any ideas on some reefsafe black paint/epoxy?

Originally posted by The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

installed... i am planning on either painting the vertical tube and coupling black or covering them with LR... Any ideas... i bought enamel spray paint, but i'm not going to use it until some one tells me it's ok to use.. i could not find any black epoxy paint...

Hi.....

Well thats one Nice Spraybar, What i'm now thinking of is doing some kind of frame made out of pcv pipe to rest the Live rock on.

Regards from Len.

kraphtymac

Ahhhhhhhhhh... nothing like the look of natural PVC in your favorite reef tank! Why not just split the loc-line with a Y and direct the two head for good flow?

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Thanks.. the water output is acctually very even throughout the length of the tube... i like your idea.. i'm going to bury mine into the sand a little bit....

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project
Originally posted by kraphtymac

Ahhhhhhhhhh... nothing like the look of natural PVC in your favorite reef tank!  Why not just split the loc-line with a Y and direct the two head for good flow?

Nah... Lock line is too expensive to run from the back of the tank to the front corners...

I've decided not to put in the bulkheads, and just run the pvc down into the middle opening before i split it with the T-Joint and run everything under the top of the tank.. (I know it's confusing... I'll redo the design diagram for you guys...

What kind of calc-reactor?... How big is it?...(demension wise)

Hi

Here some info on the calcium reactor that i have brought, This is a Db Reeftech Calcium Reactor 10s

Features:

Rated for systems up to 1000 litres

Suitable for systems with high calcium/alkalinity demands

Second calcerous substrate section to increase effluent pH

700mm tall, with 300mm x 300mm footprint

150mm diameter substrate column

Water recirculated in first section by Pond Master 1000

Water feed by separate pump required, a bleed line off a return pump is suitable

Adjustable water flow

Bubble counter for measuring CO2 flowrate

Easy access to refill substrate column

Regards from Len

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

that's too much equipment for my tank.. thanks for the information on it though... I don't know much about one, but if i knew more about the mechanics of one, i'd probably try to build a miniature one...

that's too much equipment for my tank.. thanks for the information on it though... I don't know much about one, but if i knew more about the mechanics of one, i'd probably try to build a miniature one...

Hi...

Oh right, well i saw this one going for $200aud minus pump on the RTAW forum site, so i sent the guy a msg and i got it eventually, if i was to buy it new it would have costed me more money..

regards from Len

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Does anyone know of any paint i can use in the tank..? isn't there some kind of background epoxy???

Can a tank cycle with just a peice of LR or will i need a couple of fish...?

Yes you can do it that way, thats how i'm going to be cycling my tank, because there will be lots of live things on your rock..

Regards from Len

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

cool... the last tank that i cycled, i recieved a heavy outbreak of the hair algae (green and red)... is that normal for a cycling tank..?

cool... the last tank that i cycled, i recieved a heavy outbreak of the hair algae (green and red)... is that normal for a cycling tank..?

Well this is going back more than 16 years, when i started my marine tank and i used a small fish to start the cycle, i eventually got the brown then green algae then down the track i started getting that red carpet algae but i have forgotten how i got rid of it... i never did have any hair algae, i didn't even get any corline algae.... Prob the cause of my red algae problems was that i used tap water with the salt mix, his time i'll be getting a 200 litre container with seawater in it, plus i'll use distilled water for topups.

Regards from Len.

Reefer_Buddha

yes it is normal for a cycling tank to go brown. Its the diatom stage. Then youll get green algae then coralline.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

U just reminded me that i used tap water when filling my last tank... ugh.. i can't believe i didn't even think about that untill now... i guess i'll just tak e a water sample in to the fish store in a couple weeks and have it tested for amonia while i pick out my next $50 worth of rock...

Can i ask you for you honest opinion..? does this pvc really look all that bad (being white)... even with very little LR in there? i can't find any paint... maybe i'll find some black pvc some where...

U just reminded me that i used tap water when filling my last tank... ugh.. i can't believe i didn't even think about that untill now... i guess i'll just tak e a water sample in to the fish store in a couple weeks and have it tested for amonia while i pick out my next $50 worth of rock...  

Can i ask you for you honest opinion..? does this pvc really look all that bad (being white)... even with very little LR in there? i can't find any paint... maybe i'll find some black pvc some where...

Hi...

Its not that bad, anyway once its behind alot of live rock you won't know its even there, except for where its comming into the tank...

Regards from Len

Archived