Innovative Marine Aquariums

Once In A Life-time Nano!!!

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i think i'm going to try to epoxy some small fragments of LR to it and then some mushrooms or some kind of coral (a sponge maybe?)up the tube... haha... what do you all think.. ?

Originally posted by The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i think i'm going to try to epoxy some small fragments of LR to it and then some mushrooms or some kind of coral (a sponge maybe?)up the tube... haha... what do you all think.. ?

Hi...

Thats one way of hiding it, i like your idea of putting something on the tube, looking good :-))

regards from Len

Reefer_Buddha

if youre goin to have lr in front of it then dont worry. I wouldnt put something you painted in a tank unless you know its ok in salt water. I dont think anyone will notice your spray bar, just keep it in the back. After a while youll have so much coralline and crap growin on it , it wont even be white anymore :P

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeah i know... i'm just picky.. i've already decided to leave it as is for a while... i may camoflauge it with LR like i said , but it has to be able to move for when i clean my wet/dry pads..

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Has anyone ever seem like a white-milky film develop in their tank on the LR? I noticed it abot a day after i put the rock in, i don't know if it was there when i put it in, but it's there now... it doesn't seen to be spreading, yet! What is it..?

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

here are a couple of close-ups... they aren't very good quality... i did everything i could with that camera, but it doesn't have a telephoto lens, so i had to be close to the glass

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i fixed my spray bar this afternoon... i cut a longer peice of PVC for the vertical tube and buried the rest under the sand... also i trimmed that peice of black tubing so that the spraybar would sit further towards the back of the tank, giving it a lower profile...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

here is the final product... it won't matter that the spray bar is buried after i get some more LR, but it sure does help the looks of things for the time being...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

So.. i'm thinking about upgrading my lighting to keep SPS... but, i'm split on whether or not i even want SPS in my tank... i've heard about a parasite problem that SPS often develops that is near impossible to treat... anyone have any comments on keeping SPS... I know i'll have enough water movement to keep it, but i'll probably DIY a 150 watt HQI Halide...

Reefer_Buddha

ahh nice white sand...i miss it. Once your tank gets started you never see sand that white again :)

coral reef

yea earlyer you stated that this tank has 2-55w pcs but the 18gal model only has 36w pcs at my lfs were i work we sell these for $280 so they kinda ripped you no prob though it is still a good deal they also make one that is 32 gal that is the one that has 2-55w pcs i belive that that one sells for $475 but hey much better than a nano cube

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeah i knew about the lights, but , i still only paid $280 for the tank... i wasn't planning on keeping the PC's though...

I think SPS's are the way to go. They come in much more colors and IMO look better. But, you would probably have to get a halide to keep them.

As for the PVC, you can get some green star polyps or some other zoo's and they will cover it and look damn good. I started growing GSP's on my spraybar and it looks good so far.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

I found a nice NANO-SIZED Reef-Chem Kit... i've never seen one advertized before, so i didn't know if it was new to everyone else, or if i'm just behind on the times... $12.99

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

I also purchased a nice book i found that completely explains water chemistry and it's importance... That's not all... it also discusses:

Rock,Gravel, and Sand

Nitrogen and Carbon Cycles

Powerheads and Water Pumps

Filters

Protien Skimmers

UV Sterilizers and Ozonizers

Temperature Control

Light and Lighting

Algae and Plants

Corals (35 pgs)

Coral Diseases

Sponges

Molluscs

Crustaceans

Echinoderms

Annelids

Urochordata

Fishes: Foods and Feeding

Fishes: Care and Breeding

Diseases of Fishes

All of these catagories are talked about in depth and many approaches to each are compared and contrasted... Color pix!!! very nice $17....

Reefer_Buddha

wow full color! I was gettin annoyed with those black and white photos :P Dont get caught up in dosing tons of crap in your tank. B-Ionic should be you main dosing for now. After that if you want sps or clams look into dripping kalk. If you have a lot of softies iodine is good, just make sure you get it as iodiDe.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Along with the book and Chems i also found a couple of Lock-Line elbows to give me some more flexability with my nozzles, and also to prevent me from having to put anymore white PVC in the water...

Archived