Top Shelf Aquatics

Chad's 26g Is coming down!

Chadf

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've already made a complete build list for a rimless tank around 75 gal. While it has renewed my interest in the hobby I'm afraid once the build is over so will be the fun.

Option two is walk into the John deere dealer with a big wad of cash and buy the new mower I've been wanting. Then start saving my pennies over the next year and come back later. After a year of saving money I'll be more certain whether or not I want to go ahead with another build.

Buy the Deere?

You want to buy a ####ing lawn mower? Anyway, that's my answer. :D

I'm sick of messing around with cheap Craigslist mowers. Buying a new one was my plan whether or not I broke the tank down, my budget is just bigger now.

If you buy a Deere buy it from a dealer. A John Deere from Home Depot is made for HD and they are junk. Well all John Deeres are junk in my book :). I only buy Wright mowers.

So I've already made a complete build list for a rimless tank around 75 gal. While it has renewed my interest in the hobby I'm afraid once the build is over so will be the fun. Option two is walk into the John deere dealer with a big wad of cash and buy the new mower I've been wanting. Then start saving my pennies over the next year and come back later. After a year of saving money I'll be more certain whether or not I want to go ahead with another build. Buy the Deere?
Also if you are this concerned about being bored you need a break!

Get the mower ... U can probably get a great price now ... Save ur money for the aquarium for next summer when u can score some great deals when people take their tanks down

If you buy a Deere buy it from a dealer. A John Deere from Home Depot is made for HD and they are junk. Well all John Deeres are junk in my book :). I only buy Wright mowers. Also if you are this concerned about being bored you need a break!
I would get it from a dealer, no entry level models for me.

Get the mower ... U can probably get a great price now ... Save ur money for the aquarium for next summer when u can score some great deals when people take their tanks down
Yea they have sales going on now until early March.

P

So I've already made a complete build list for a rimless tank around 75 gal. While it has renewed my interest in the hobby I'm afraid once the build is over so will be the fun.

Option two is walk into the John deere dealer with a big wad of cash and buy the new mower I've been wanting. Then start saving my pennies over the next year and come back later. After a year of saving money I'll be more certain whether or not I want to go ahead with another build.

Buy the Deere?

Seriously? Buy a bottle of Roundup and a new tank. I can't believe this is even a question.

If you buy a Deere buy it from a dealer. A John Deere from Home Depot is made for HD and they are junk. Well all John Deeres are junk in my book :). I only buy Wright mowers.

Also if you are this concerned about being bored you need a break!

Totally agree..... except I am an exmark guy myself.

Totally agree here too.... Although a bigger tank won't get full quite as fast which means it could prolong the joy before it gets boring struggling to find room for new pieces. Also the problems you were having towards the end definitely made it easy to get bored... or aggravated to the point you think you're bored.

I would get it from a dealer, no entry level models for me. Yea they have sales going on now until early March.
Can it mow algae

And why did you take it Down

Can it mow algae

And why did you take it Down

It just wasn't fun for me any more.

I'm thinking about setting up a little 12" cube with a sump in the meantime.

It just wasn't fun for me any more.

I'm thinking about setting up a little 12" cube with a sump in the meantime.

I feel the same way about my 40 from time to time. Then I'll clean the hell out of it and make it look all pretty again so I appreciate it more, lol. Seems to be working for now, the tank is over 3 years old.

Will the cube be SPS dominant as well?

Archived