Coral Vue Hydros

Chad's 26g Is coming down!

Chadf

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr aqua 12g bookshelf tank with a 20L sump.

Long enough to hold more fish than a 12g should have, a skimmer to handle whatever I throw at it, dual drains and returns, no powerheads, nothing in the tank but rock, sand, and livestock, bml light in a floating canopy about 2 feet above the tank with tight optics, ATO reservoir to last at least 2 weeks, drain in the skimmer cup, no sps, no test kits or dosing. Basically just feed the fish and clean the glass, I'll be able to enjoy it more. I can leave for long vacations and require nothing but an auto feeder or someone to feed the fish.

No SPS say its not so!

Project floating canopy is done. Time to go visit my mom in intensive care :(

Then come home and paint the stand and canopy. It's too bad I have to paint the stand. It has a nice tough gritty gray finish but it needs to be black.

Stuff is supposed to start showing up today. I'm not even sure what, I have things coming from 8 different places so I'm not even keeping track of tracking yet.

Hope you're mom will be ok man!

Man before I did mine I like never saw any floating canopys (that actually look like a canopy anyway), now they are starting to pop up more and more... definitely beats the old school "traditional" shit. :)

Yea I definitely didn't want it tank mounted, gotta keep the clean rimless look. The back of the tank will stay clear, no wires or plumbing will be behind it either. So I didn't want to make a light hanger. My ceilings look like this...

post-79068-0-61347800-1391187039_thumb.jpg

...so I can't really hang a light from them. Floating canopy it is!

And yea my mom's hooked up to a breathing machine with a tube down her throat, she's not doing well.

Damn sorry to hear that bro. :( Best wishes to you all!

Looking forward to seeing the floating canopy, I have seen some pretty sick ones lately.

Best wishes to your mother as well. I am sure it's not easy seeing her like that.

I believe he said the stand had to be painted ;)

Been occupied doing home projects and falling behind on threads. Trying to get things done around the house before the busy season starts in 40 days.

Archived