Top Shelf Aquatics

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

Get a NanoBox!

After learning the size of the MonoBox (12"x4") and seeing a pic of how the LED's look on the bottom, I am probably going to be going with a ReefBreeders Photon 16 (16"x8.5"). They are close to the same price ($350 vs $320), but I think the Photon will have better coverage for a PicO III. The MonoBox definitely looks awesome though, especially with some of those wicked color combinations.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got it used and it's been 2 years. I did contact AI. They said to ship it back to them and they will take a look. They suspect motherboard which is $100 to replace plus whatever labor they may charge. Since it's going to cost me $150+ to get it fixed, I rather get a new light. I dont even like the AI that much =P.

Yeah. Better go with maxspect nano razor or Nanobox.

Oh cool, personally never been a fan of designer clowns except for the Picassos. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yo man. I think I caught the VW bug because of you. I've decided to save up for a VW jetta instead of a Mercedes cla250....LOL!!

supermarvin76

Yo man. I think I caught the VW bug because of you. I've decided to save up for a VW jetta instead of a Mercedes cla250....LOL!!

I drive a 2000 Jetta. I plan to drive it for 7 lore years and then get antique plates for it when it qualifies in 2020, which isn't that far off.

Just read this entire thread.... I am planning on ordering a PicO in the next couple of days.

I will probably not being going with the shallow ones, but your's looks awesome.

I am trying to decide on a light... Are you still not quite satisfied with your Razor? What would you get if you had to do it over again (LED perfeably)? I had originally budgeted about $300 for a light, but after reading some of your post I am not sure...

Also, what color spectrum is your Razor? Not sure if I missed that info...

I also would like an update on your Razor. My AI Nano broke last night and I need a replacement. My choices are Razor Nano, Zetlight Aqua Pro, and Nanobox. Razor is the cheapest one that will mount nicely with the Pico LifeNet cover.

After learning the size of the MonoBox (12"x4") and seeing a pic of how the LED's look on the bottom, I am probably going to be going with a ReefBreeders Photon 16 (16"x8.5"). They are close to the same price ($350 vs $320), but I think the Photon will have better coverage for a PicO III. The MonoBox definitely looks awesome though, especially with some of those wicked color combinations.

Sorry guys been caught up with life stuff. To be honest I want to love the razor nano but I just can't, the single cluster just isn't enough for an 18" cube. If I had to do leds over again I would most likely go with a nanobox duo, Dave makes kick ass lights.

My gf drives a 2013 Jetta and she loves it. Go with the GLI, much better suspension, much better brakes, 2.0 T out of a gti, and they look badass.

Haha, how much more is the GLI? Have you seen the 2014 jetta? Looks pretty clean and starting at only $17,000.

Starts at 24ish I think, as far as I know the 14's are the same as the 13's.

Sorry guys been caught up with life stuff. To be honest I want to love the razor nano but I just can't, the single cluster just isn't enough for an 18" cube. If I had to do leds over again I would most likely go with a nanobox duo, Dave makes kick ass lights.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just sent payment to Dave today for a Duo :D

Starts at 24ish I think, as far as I know the 14's are the same as the 13's.

Yeah both the 13's and 14's look pretty similar except for the front grill(the 14's has a glossy black to it) I suppose.

Did you see the XL1 yet?? HAHA.

I think I'll just stick with the regular jetta. Keep it simple ha.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just sent payment to Dave today for a Duo :D

How long is it going to take? I thought you needed a light asap ha.

Yeah both the 13's and 14's look pretty similar except for the front grill(the 14's has a glossy black to it)

Nope, same grill. They are all the same, very very minor differences my be present but nothing too big. Look into the tdi at least, gas mileage of a hybrid without the lame looks.

I see. How much more is the tdi? Lol.

Did you see the XL1 yet?

dude the xl1 has been a concept from like 10 years ago lol, where you been bro :) The tdi demands a slightly higher price but trust me its worth it. You should really go on vw.com and build your jetta so you can see the differences in the models and engines. They have the 2.0 (piece of shit), the 2.0T (excellent), 2.5 (tried and true), and the 2.0TDI (excellent) so there is an engine for any style.

I see. Well I've never checked out vw till recently....so that explains the 10yr thing. Lol. Wait is the 2.0T cheaper than the 2.0TDI? I'm too lazy to check. Basically, I'm all in for the simplest form of a jetta. I don't want to spend over 20k for a jetta.

I see. Well I've never checked out vw till recently....so that explains the 10yr thing. Lol. Wait is the 2.0T cheaper than the 2.0TDI? I'm too lazy to check. Basically, I'm all in for the simplest form of a jetta. I don't want to spend over 20k for a jetta.

The GLI is about a 1k more starting price than the TDI since the GLI is a "performance package" and includes more than just the turbo charged engine. For under 20k your looking at a base 2.5, my gf has an fully loaded SEL and it was in the upper 20's. Do your research man, it will only benefit you in the end.

Totally forgot, they replaced the 2.5 with the 1.8tsi for 2014.

Yeah, I'll do it when I have the money ready. Man, I think I'll be happy with the base 2.5. I hardly go out, or drive to places anyways lol. I just need a car to eat or lfs lol so I figure hey, I don't like toyota, honda, lexus, or basically any of the japanese or korean cars. I don't like american cars either....And I look at vw, it's clean and a simple, modernistic looking car starting at 17k, sounds super lol. It'll take me forever to save up for a Mercedes cla250(starting 30k, and it looks too complicated, too racer and all).... but for jetta, I can save up and have it ready much earlier.

Or me, my family hauls ass in a '81 VW camper fan :lol:

Or me, my family hauls ass in a '81 VW camper fan :lol:

You mean van*

Eh, I just like the jetta. Looks just like an audi lol.

Same thing goes with toyota/lexus and honda/acura. Except I hate those ones.

Screw Audi's IMO, clean diesel my ass lol

I'll take a Tesla S, or better yet, Tesla X, or better yet, Tesla Rodster 2.5 :D Swaglishious! Mmmmm!

Screw Audi's IMO, clean diesel my ass lol

I'll take a Tesla S, or better yet, Tesla X, or better yet, Tesla Rodster 2.5 :D Swaglishious! Mmmmm!

Lol. I heard tesla has problems already.

Man up and get some American muscle. I still drive my 1999 (35th anniversary) Mustang that I bought new off the lot. My kids hope I pass it on to them when they grow up. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, love the tank! Just ordered one myself a few min ago! Where did you get the frag rack?

Thanks man I appreciate it. I got the Frag racks (2) from badfish reef systems, only ones I've ever seen that small.

Wow, so I kinda fell off the map for a while. Life got crazy and I couldn't find the time to do anything to my tank let alone post on N-R. So these past three weeks haven't been that kind to my tank.. I lost my ponape, green bird, and my scoly. Im not entirely sure what happened, I was lagging on my water changes but I can't imagine that could have killed my scoly. Yesterday I took the time to do a massive water change and a deep cleaning of the tank as well as rearrange the rock work to promote better flow, I pulled out some pretty nasty shit.

I am still unsatisfied with my nano razor, the lack of spread is terrible and I have it turned down to 40-30 because it nuked some frags. Now that the intensity is so low, it looks super super dim. Im used to leds and how dim they appear but this one is ridiculous. I will be upgrading lights but I have to upgrade the tank first to accommodate the light I want (ATI 4x24w T5).

Im really thinking about grabbing one of Chris's Naked tanks, the 24x12x12 seems nice. Doesn't look like they are low iron though.

Ouch....especially for the scoly...that scoly was my fav....sorry to hear for your loss man. Doing school and full time work....I could imagine how bad it was...lol.

Well glad you're still back on your feet.

Ouch....especially for the scoly...that scoly was my fav....sorry to hear for your loss man. Doing school and full time work....I could imagine how bad it was...lol.

Yeah Im pretty freakin bummed, oh well shit happens. I need to figure out what is going on in my tank, nothing seems "happy" lately. Everything is alive and opening up but something is off, nothing is really taking off at all.

Your tank looks like its going somewhere.

Archived