Innovative Marine Aquariums

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

Deleted User 4

lol I think you should get one ;) Im going to go with Chris again for my next tank and if for some reason he is unable ill get an ADA.

Lolol. Well, if SCA makes a 30g....I've never gone any tank size greater than 24g(24g nanocube)...and I'm not sure how I will be able to maintain a 50g considering that I don't make my own saltwater(I buy it from lfs). And I'm a little scared to go over 30g+. Lolol

But yeah, hopefully Chris can customize that tank for ya. I'm sure he will. And if he does, will you choose clear or black silicone? Ada only comes in clear....lol. And ada, you will probably have to sump it especially for sps....lol. Lots of work/money. I would say both picO and ada are at similar prices if you were to sump an Ada, except picO comes water-ready. More easy. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lolol. Well, if SCA makes a 30g....I've never gone any tank size greater than 24g(24g nanocube)...and I'm not sure how I will be able to maintain a 50g considering that I don't make my own saltwater(I buy it from lfs). And I'm a little scared to go over 30g+. Lolol

But yeah, hopefully Chris can customize that tank for ya. I'm sure he will. And if he does, will you choose clear or black silicone? Ada only comes in clear....lol. And ada, you will probably have to sump it especially for sps....lol. Lots of work/money. I would say both picO and ada are at similar prices if you were to sump an Ada, except picO comes water-ready. More easy. :)

The next tank will be sumped, no matter who it's from. I'm not looking for easy lol

Sweet. Make sure your sump is a decent size. I see all these big ass tanks with these tiny sumps, and just don't get it? It leaves so little room for expansion, or trying something new - Like Algae Scrubber, Refuge, Chaeto Tumblr etc...

Dang, I can only imagine how sick it's all going to be!

Oh yea, I ordered the IM Skimmate Skimmer and IM Minimax Reactor today :D Thanks for helping me out there ;)

Sweet. Make sure your sump is a decent size. I see all these big ass tanks with these tiny sumps, and just don't get it? It leaves so little room for expansion, or trying something new - Like Algae Scrubber, Refuge, Chaeto Tumblr etc...

Dang, I can only imagine how sick it's all going to be!

Oh yea, I ordered the IM Skimmate Skimmer and IM Minimax Reactor today :D Thanks for helping me out there ;)

I'm gunna go as big as I can as I want a nice Macro forest in my fuge :) good choices on the IM stuff, I love the reactor. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

I'm gunna go as big as I can as I want a nice Macro forest in my fuge :) good choices on the IM stuff, I love the reactor. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

Awesome. I love trying out new things. I always liked the idea of a Xenia Forest. It's a bit controversial, but supposedly worked for some.

I'm just thinking when I stock this tank up a bit more, the current filtration probably won't cut it if I want to feed a little more heavily (which I do!) Also i'm thinking of maybe later on trying the reactor as a mini Zeo system, or maybe Pellets? I know you can't really do either without a skimmer, so hopefully that works out. I don't know if i'm ballsey enough for those though :lol:

Some guy here is selling his CAD PLS-50 for like $80 - You should check it out if you're interested.

Deleted User 4

To be released in 3 years... Haha that's typical AI right? :P

I think it's releasing sooner than you think. Honestly they really know how to market their products lol....

I can't see ecotech, kessil, maxspect, etc doing these great teaser/advertisements... But then again, aqua illuminations lights aren't so great. I had experiences with the ai nano...eh? Wasn't that great lol.

They have great super marketing skills though. :P

Edit: Oh well this is new. Lolol

I'm just glad there is competition in the market. I don't think i'll be upgrading anything until multi-chip LED's are the norm. I am tired of Disco.

Deleted User 4

I'm just glad there is competition in the market. I don't think i'll be upgrading anything until multi-chip LED's are the norm. I am tired of Disco.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Well, I might be upgrading to this for my bday this coming October. Going to reef-a-plooza(marine expo event) to check this out.

http://www.buildmyled.com/14000k-reef-spectrum/

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/30/buildmyled-macna/

I like long fixtures that are simple to mount. The razor is nice but I don't like their mounting legs. They look best when it's hanged.

Awesome. I love trying out new things. I always liked the idea of a Xenia Forest. It's a bit controversial, but supposedly worked for some.

I'm just thinking when I stock this tank up a bit more, the current filtration probably won't cut it if I want to feed a little more heavily (which I do!) Also i'm thinking of maybe later on trying the reactor as a mini Zeo system, or maybe Pellets? I know you can't really do either without a skimmer, so hopefully that works out. I don't know if i'm ballsey enough for those though :lol:

Some guy here is selling his CAD PLS-50 for like $80 - You should check it out if you're interested.

I also heard some mixed reviews on xenia forests, you would have to have quite a bit to make a dent in nutrients but it sure would be cool to look at :) Ive always loved macro tanks and the amount of biodiversity they harbor so I'm thinking why not incorporate that into my next build. Obviously the fuge wont be huge but id like to devote alot of the sump to it.

Id like to see you covert the minimax into a zeo reactor, cant be that difficult right? haha.

On the lighting topic I'm really leaning towards going full t5s... That may seem like a step backwords to some but ever since the novelty of leds wore off, I cant help but miss having t5's. ATI sun power (possibly the dimmable variant) 4 or 6 bulb, havent quite decided on that last part.

I also heard some mixed reviews on xenia forests, you would have to have quite a bit to make a dent in nutrients but it sure would be cool to look at :) Ive always loved macro tanks and the amount of biodiversity they harbor so I'm thinking why not incorporate that into my next build. Obviously the fuge wont be huge but id like to devote alot of the sump to it.

Id like to see you covert the minimax into a zeo reactor, cant be that difficult right? haha.

Ya, I feel the same way there. Besides it could be a nice place to grow out frags, or a holding area for fish/inverts as well. Kewl!

For Zeo - I don't think there is much to mod. Since you can adjust the flow by turning it, the only other thing is you have to shake the Zeolite's daily to release the bio film. It's a bit of a chore, but seems easy enough with the minimax. Haha like I said, I'm not sure if i'm brave enough for that.

Oh and Kessil has some sort of concept fixture they are doing that I beleive is with multichip LED's. Perhaps that's something I would like to upgrade to when i get a larger tank.

Deleted User 4

On the lighting topic I'm really leaning towards going full t5s... That may seem like a step backwords to some but ever since the novelty of leds wore off, I cant help but miss having t5's. ATI sun power (possibly the dimmable variant) 4 or 6 bulb, havent quite decided on that last part.

Yeah t-5s are the best imo when it comes to spectrum and colors. The only hassle is changing the bulbs, it might be super easy for you but I'm super lazy to be changing that lol.

Oh and Kessil has some sort of concept fixture they are doing that I beleive is with multichip LED's. Perhaps that's something I would like to upgrade to when i get a larger tank.

Yeah I've seen that already. I think that antennae looks silly though ahah. :)

Ya, I feel the same way there. Besides it could be a nice place to grow out frags, or a holding area for fish/inverts as well. Kewl!

For Zeo - I don't think there is much to mod. Since you can adjust the flow by turning it, the only other thing is you have to shake the Zeolite's daily to release the bio film. It's a bit of a chore, but seems easy enough with the minimax. Haha like I said, I'm not sure if i'm brave enough for that.

Since the minimax has an inner tube and an outer sleeve it should be a breeze to shake the zeolites. Once you get it you will see what I mean :) Im gunna check that fixture out right now lol.

Yeah t-5s are the best imo when it comes to spectrum and colors. The only hassle is changing the bulbs, it might be super easy for you but I'm super lazy to be changing that lol.

Yeah I've seen that already. I think that antennae looks silly though ahah. :)

The next tank will probably be LPS dominant and IMO the best colors are from T5's. Changing bulbs isn't so bad, over the life of the unit it is expensive but hey, this hobby is expensive.

Deleted User 4

The next tank will probably be LPS dominant and IMO the best colors are from T5's. Changing bulbs isn't so bad, over the life of the unit it is expensive but hey, this hobby is expensive.

Really? I thought you liked sps more?

Yeah lps, even sps as well looks best under t-5's compared to leds imo. The good thing about lps is they can look good under blue leds. More pop, more colors. Yeah this hobby is expensive. I've already spent over 2-3k on this hobby lol. (nanocube 24, 10g 1st tank, manta ray 18, this ada lol)

I don't care anymore. I'm a minimalist now. That means being happy with what I already have, putting limits on attachments/hobby, I've already eliminated all my hobbies except for this hobby heh. One hobby per person is pretty darn minimalist imo. And money? It also means putting a limit on money(being less attached to it, not good to be too in love with money imo). So if I were to save up over a million dollars in my account, I will donate the rest over to charity because really all you need is a mill especially if you're living the single life.

I was walking over to Subway today, I saw a hobo and just handed him $5. The hobo sparked "hope" on his face. That's probably the most I've ever given to a homeless, but after today, I wanna do more lol. Minimalist starting now. Just the beginning for me.

Really? I thought you liked sps more?

Yeah lps, even sps as well looks best under t-5's compared to leds imo. The good thing about lps is they can look good under blue leds. More pop, more colors. Yeah this hobby is expensive. I've already spent over 2-3k on this hobby lol. (nanocube 24, 10g 1st tank, manta ray 18, this ada lol)

I don't care anymore. I'm a minimalist now. That means being happy with what I already have, putting limits on attachments/hobby, I've already eliminated all my hobbies except for this hobby heh. One hobby per person is pretty darn minimalist imo. And money? It also means putting a limit on money(being less attached to it, not good to be too in love with money imo). So if I were to save up over a million dollars in my account, I will donate the rest over to charity because really all you need is a mill especially if you're living the single life.

I was walking over to Subway today, I saw a hobo and just handed him $5. The hobo sparked "hope" on his face. That's probably the most I've ever given to a homeless, but after today, I wanna do more lol. Minimalist starting now. Just the beginning for me.

Maybe I should rephrase that, it wont be really dominated by any one type of coral more of a mixed reef. I do however plan on having more lps than sps.

The way I look at it is this, anything is bad in excess. The key is to find a happy medium between too much and too little, that goes for everything in life.

supermarvin76

I just feel that weekly isn't enough. I stir my sand bed often, and think that a lot of junk gets trapped in those little pads quickly. I haven't rinsed then tossed them back though. Maybe i'll try that for the time being :)

I've replaced my little pads with floss I cut from InTank. It works great. I am probably the laziest person in this entire hobby. I replace that little pad every morning as soon as I wake up. I mean right away. It works well this way.

.....The key is to find a happy medium between too much and too little, that goes for everything in life.

Whoa! That's deep!

Deleted User 4

Maybe I should rephrase that, it wont be really dominated by any one type of coral more of a mixed reef. I do however plan on having more lps than sps.

The way I look at it is this, anything is bad in excess. The key is to find a happy medium between too much and too little, that goes for everything in life.

Yeah, well we're different. I'm aiming more of a goal where you know I have little in everything, except for my reef tank(just one tank, scolys only but there will be lots of them). Lololol!!

One quality car(for me, I love Mercedes but if I do ever raise a family, then two cars only. I'm kicking my kids out when they're 18 lol), one quality house, you know, basically just the sufficient amount of things. So I guess that would land in between "medium" and "too less". So less it is lol.

Deleted User 4

I don't know though, if anyone loves a well designed anything, it's gonna cost you.

That's right.

That's what she said!

Sorry- had to

Quoting after your own quotes. Clever.

Whoa! That's deep!

:naughtydance:

I don't know though, if anyone loves a well designed anything, it's gonna cost you.

Absolutely agree. Im a sucker for a high quality product, unfortunately that means I pay high quality prices lol. Oh well cant take it with you when your gone.

Archived