Pod Your Reef

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

I see....how long was the tank running without a water change? It could be the water change delay..

Btw, Chris does offer low iron glass for his naked series. Ati is the way to go. Everyone's been stacking on those lately.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see....how long was the tank running without a water change? It could be the water change delay..

Btw, Chris does offer low iron glass for his naked series. Ati is the way to go. Everyone's been stacking on those lately.

Oh really? Hm thats good to hear then, that is most likely going to be the next tank then. Ive missed my t5's since I had them over my 20H...

I can confirm this :ninja:

Yes I know, I've been drooling over your tank on my breaks at work... That sunpower is the bees knees.

Thanks man. I'm working on more scolys...lol.

So much $$$

Next tank plans (hopefully):

PicO naked series low iron 24x12x12

10g sump with skimmer and reactor (hopefully a tiny fuge for biodiversity)

ATI 4x24 sunpower (non-dimmable)

Im really aiming for the most diversity I can get in such a small tank. This means macro, sponges, gorgs ect in addition to the regular coral stocking.

I see. So for now, it's just about caring for this manta ray 18 right? When you planning set on the next build?

Yeah still keeping it up, hopefully even get some new frags for it. Im going to try and start piecing together the next build... So whenever I have everything is when I will get it wet lol. The light and the tank alone is mucho $.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I would recommend the ceiling mount. My wall brackets were meant for LED fixtures and not only is the width wrong but the weight is too heavy... it holds, but its bowing cuz of the width! lol...

Just catch the next Marine Depot 15% and snag the non dimmable, should come out to around $300 give or take...then bulbs etc LOL

And then you're going to sell the manta ray 18? Yeah the ati's are sick. You're going to hang it from the ceiling?

Most likely, need to re coupe the cost somehow. Plus its a badass tank so I'm sure somebody will want it. I'll be making a hanging mount for it just like I did with the razor, looks just as good without the hassle and worry.

I would recommend the ceiling mount. My wall brackets were meant for LED fixtures and not only is the width wrong but the weight is too heavy... it holds, but its bowing cuz of the width! lol...

Just catch the next Marine Depot 15% and snag the non dimmable, should come out to around $300 give or take...then bulbs etc LOL

I was thinking of using bent emt, think it would still be too heavy? Its me and my gf's 3 year anniversary on the 20th of next month, not sure how she will take me spending that much cash on something that isn't for her haha. Where there is a will there is a way.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, with such a clean fixture, the ceiling method does look super clean. I only used my mounts since they are there, and why leave 4 holes lol...

It would look best with 2 long threads drawing down from the ceiling. There may need to be a compromise, or patience! One or the other!

Well, with such a clean fixture, the ceiling method does look super clean. I only used my mounts since they are there, and why leave 4 holes lol...

It would look best with 2 long threads drawing down from the ceiling. There may need to be a compromise, or patience! One or the other!

The ceiling mount looks the best, it just makes me nervous lol.

How is it with the 9" height? Im excited and intrigued to get mine delivered. I have always loved the shallow look but I am replacing a 21" high tank with this small pico siii lol so I know the difference is going to seem huge!! I read that you really only have about 7" of water because your going to loose an inch to sand and another inch in space from water level to the top of the glass. Im hoping to have the tip of a piece of live rock poking out of the water, I think that look will be cool!

How is it with the 9" height? Im excited and intrigued to get mine delivered. I have always loved the shallow look but I am replacing a 21" high tank with this small pico siii lol so I know the difference is going to seem huge!! I read that you really only have about 7" of water because your going to loose an inch to sand and another inch in space from water level to the top of the glass. Im hoping to have the tip of a piece of live rock poking out of the water, I think that look will be cool!

The 9" of height makes it a bit of a challenge but it's really awesome at the same time, I think your like it. The way I have my rockwork now it almost breaks the surface, looks pretty cool.

Yeah ceiling mount is the best...way. And you're going to sell the nano razor?

Yup I'm selling that too. I'll keep my mp10, ATO, rkl, and reactor for the next tank.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So its been 3 months since my last post here, alot has changed in my life as of late and very little of it has been for the better. I had to shut down the Pico unfortunately as I had to move unexpectedly, everybody has been moved into a temporary 10g while I go through this transition phase. When I am able to get myself into a new place I will be starting up a new tank to replace the pico as I was wanting something a little bigger anyways. From what I can see Chris will be making new tanks soon, I am hoping to get another Pico as I love his tanks. Anyways, Im back and I can't wait to get into the swing of things again.

Btw I haven't formally put it up for sale yet but my Pico SIII will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

Sorry to see you had to take the tank down. I hope things sort themselves out for you.

Yeah pretty bummed about it, I just keep thinking about the next tank.

Glad to hear that you're back. I was wondering what happened to you.

Me too, I've been lurking around every once in a while. How's the tank?

Me too, I've been lurking around every once in a while. How's the tank?

Took a crap load of classes during fall semester and neglected the tank. Because of it, I stopped doing SPS (lost half from neglecting, other half I gave away), went BB and re-aquascapred the tank. I'm trying to go for rics only since this semester is gonna be a kicker.

Oh, and I picked up a few acans from Mike.

Took a crap load of classes during fall semester and neglected the tank. Because of it, I stopped doing SPS (lost half from neglecting, other half I gave away), went BB and re-aquascapred the tank. I'm trying to go for rics only since this semester is gonna be a kicker.

Oh, and I picked up a few acans from Mike.

Damn, college has a habit of doing that. I went to mikes a few weeks ago to just look around and I had to leave my wallet in the car haha.

Damn, college has a habit of doing that. I went to mikes a few weeks ago to just look around and I had to leave my wallet in the car haha.

That's a good idea actually. A few months ago, I almost bought that tiny orange/green fungia he has in his main DT tank. Did you see those crazy acans he has in his baller tank?

Archived