ReefCleaners.org

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need some input on my next tank..

Option 1) I sent Chris at Pico an email to see if he could build me a tank ~20g with a length of 24", he hasn't got back to me quite yet but its only been a day. This option would depend on how much the tank would cost to make.

Option 2) Mr. Aqua 17g w/ glass-holes overflow and return to a sump with fuge.

Option 3) Cad lights 34g.... As I stand I'm fairly certain thats out of my price range and goes over my size constraints but I'm putting it here because I the tank gives me warm and fuzzies.

Option 4) The cheaper route, Standard 20H plumbed to a 10g sump/fuge...

Whatever the outcome it will be lit by an ATI 4x24 sunpower (I have 3 blue+ 1 purple+ 1 aquablue & 1 coral plus on their way so I can tweak the spectrum) and will be a mixed reef starting with the survivors of my negligence, oh and Pete.

Need some input on my next tank..

Option 1) I sent Chris at Pico an email to see if he could build me a tank ~20g with a length of 24", he hasn't got back to me quite yet but its only been a day. This option would depend on how much the tank would cost to make.

Option 2) Mr. Aqua 17g w/ glass-holes overflow and return to a sump with fuge.

Option 3) Cad lights 34g.... As I stand I'm fairly certain thats out of my price range and goes over my size constraints but I'm putting it here because I the tank gives me warm and fuzzies.

Option 4) The cheaper route, Standard 20H plumbed to a 10g sump/fuge...

Whatever the outcome it will be lit by an ATI 4x24 sunpower (I have 3 blue+ 1 purple+ 1 aquablue & 1 coral plus on their way so I can tweak the spectrum) and will be a mixed reef starting with the survivors of my negligence, oh and Pete.

Or option 5, a 30x16x14 rimless tank that this guy is selling.

In order: Option 1 (Chris's work is amazing), Option 3 (I had one and loved it), Option 2 (pretty good deal, you could shave more cost by going with a low profile strainer overflow and some loc-line for the return), and last and least is Option 4 :)

Whichever option you choose, you are going with a sump right?

I think wait times will be a bitch with Chris though, but would be the nicest option. Depends if you are okay with a 4-6 week wait or not.

Or option 5, a 30x16x14 rimless tank that this guy is selling.

Just sent him a pm, thanks for the heads up.

In order: Option 1 (Chris's work is amazing), Option 3 (I had one and loved it), Option 2 (pretty good deal, you could shave more cost by going with a low profile strainer overflow and some loc-line for the return), and last and least is Option 4 :)

option 3 is just so much money.....

Whichever option you choose, you are going with a sump right?

I think wait times will be a bitch with Chris though, but would be the nicest option. Depends if you are okay with a 4-6 week wait or not.

Yeah it will be a sumped system with a refugium. That's a good point about picO and one that I didn't even think of, the wait time might be too much...
JavaJacketOC

Hey Tristian,

Not sure if you'd be interesting but I have a friend with a Nuvo 38 that he's looking to upgrade. He's only had it set up for about 4 months and is already wanting something bigger. He's not far from you either, so would make pickup/delivery pretty easy.

Hey Tristian,

Not sure if you'd be interesting but I have a friend with a Nuvo 38 that he's looking to upgrade. He's only had it set up for about 4 months and is already wanting something bigger. He's not far from you either, so would make pickup/delivery pretty easy.

Unfortunately the light I bought for the next tank is 24" so I'm thinking that may be a little too long. Thanks for the offer though. Btw the razor led puck is on it's way so it should be in my hands very soon.
JavaJacketOC

Unfortunately the light I bought for the next tank is 24" so I'm thinking that may be a little too long. Thanks for the offer though. Btw the razor led puck is on it's way so it should be in my hands very soon.

What light did you pick up? My friend is using the 120 watt(I think) razor which works well for this tank.

Edit: NM, I see it's the ATI

What light did you pick up? My friend is using the 120 watt(I think) razor which works well for this tank.

Edit: NM, I see it's the ATI

Yeah I'm going back to t5's for this tank which isn't something I could really do on the cube tank I had.

I threw a couple pieces of dry rock into the tank so they will be established by the time I set up the next one. I've also been talking to Chris@Pico and I'm fairly certain I'm going to have him build me a tank. Its almost the same price as getting the 17g w/ drilling and plumbing the sump. I have an potential buyer for the pico so if he decides to go for it I will be one step closer to getting the show on the road.

JavaJacketOC

Yeah I'm going back to t5's for this tank which isn't something I could really do on the cube tank I had.

I threw a couple pieces of dry rock into the tank so they will be established by the time I set up the next one. I've also been talking to Chris@Pico and I'm fairly certain I'm going to have him build me a tank. Its almost the same price as getting the 17g w/ drilling and plumbing the sump. I have an potential buyer for the pico so if he decides to go for it I will be one step closer to getting the show on the road.

NIce! I had a Current Nova Extreme Pro 20" over my 18" Cube but was never able to a color I liked, even with 6 different bulbs.

NIce! I had a Current Nova Extreme Pro 20" over my 18" Cube but was never able to a color I liked, even with 6 different bulbs.

I looked around at 18" units when I was still planning on keeping the pico sIII and I couldn't find many options. I think UV had some but Ive always preferred ati bulbs. For this next tank I bought a few different bulbs so I could play around with the spectrum. I had a 4 bulb aquatic life over a 20H a while back and I ran 2 blue+ and 2 aquablue. This time around I'm going to experiment with coral+ and purple+ into the mix to see what I come up with.

One last thing, I have decided on a tank. Im having Chris build me a 24 x 14 x 12 in low iron of course. I was going to go with a sump but in the interest of keeping it simple and costs down (relatively speaking) Im going with the aio chambers. I have about 20lbs of dry marco rock along with the established rock in my 10g that I will be using. Next on the list is getting a stand built..

hahahaha, how do you always have the best gif's..

8jyay7g.jpg

hahaha

One last thing, I have decided on a tank. Im having Chris build me a 24 x 14 x 12 in low iron of course. I was going to go with a sump but in the interest of keeping it simple and costs down (relatively speaking) Im going with the aio chambers. I have about 20lbs of dry marco rock along with the established rock in my 10g that I will be using. Next on the list is getting a stand built..

Awww yea. Heh, I think we may be getting tanks around the same time :ninja:

Awww yea. Heh, I think we may be getting tanks around the same time :ninja:

Nice! I know your going to be a ninja about this but I'm going to ask anyways, what dimensions?

Nice! I know your going to be a ninja about this but I'm going to ask anyways, what dimensions?

15x15x10 and that's all your gettin'

6cwRYcZ.gif

I feel like your tank is going to have some crazy cool quirk to it that I won't find out till later haha. Those dims sound bitchin though! Led? T5?

I feel like your tank is going to have some crazy cool quirk to it that I won't find out till later haha. Those dims sound bitchin though! Led? T5?

There will be one feature that you probably only seen once or twice before ;) but not on a tank this size.

I'm going with LED's again. I sold my Razor in June , and ordered a custom Nanobox Tide w/ Bluefish Controller. I liked the fact that it would allow me to see more of the tank from the top without sacrificing POWA! lol

I needed something to fit on my nightstand, as that's the only place I have room right now. I wanted so bad to go BIG, but i'm too stubborn to settle for anything under 80gallons for a sumped system - so Nano it is!

There will be one feature that you probably only seen once or twice before ;) but not on a tank this size.

I'm going with LED's again. I sold my Razor in June , and ordered a custom Nanobox Tide w/ Bluefish Controller. I liked the fact that it would allow me to see more of the tank from the top without sacrificing POWA! lol

I needed something to fit on my nightstand, as that's the only place I have room right now. I wanted so bad to go BIG, but i'm too stubborn to settle for anything under 80gallons for a sumped system - so Nano it is!

See I knew it! Daves lights are so badass, I actually talked to him a while back about building me a duo but obviously I'm going t5 this time around. My tank is going in a bedroom as well which is why I'm only getting ~17g so I feel you on that one. Did you sell your whole system?

See I knew it! Daves lights are so badass, I actually talked to him a while back about building me a duo but obviously I'm going t5 this time around. My tank is going in a bedroom as well which is why I'm only getting ~17g so I feel you on that one. Did you sell your whole system?

What about one of his Retro lights with T5 & LED?

Nah only sold the light. I knew either i'd set up the tank again, or get a new system. Maybe both? :D

Archived