inTank Media Baskets

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

There's just something about the look of those ATI fixtures that makes me seriusly consider ditching the AI Sol. But I love the control you have with LEDs :(.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ETA?

4-6 weeks...

There's just something about the look of those ATI fixtures that makes me seriusly consider ditching the AI Sol. But I love the control you have with LEDs :(.

If you get the dimmable sunpower you get the best of both worlds :) For me control wasn't really a big deal, I have this ATI on a cheap timer so it turns on and off when I want and thats enough for me lol

This will be the longest 4-6 weeks of your life.

I don't know what to do with myself anymore!

Well I'm going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, but yea the 5 weeks after that are going to blow haha.

• 2 weeks later...
JavaJacketOC

Just got back from a 7 day trip to Yosemite, now to wait another 5 weeks for my PicO....

WB!

What percentages did you say you had this razor on before thing started bleaching? I'm really blown away right now, I've ramped up to 53%/50% for a 7 hour peak and all the softies, including paly's in the middle of the tank, are still really reaching.

WB!

What percentages did you say you had this razor on before thing started bleaching? I'm really blown away right now, I've ramped up to 53%/50% for a 7 hour peak and all the softies, including paly's in the middle of the tank, are still really reaching.

The highest I went was 60-55 if I remember correctly. How high off the tank is the light?

JavaJacketOC

The highest I went was 60-55 if I remember correctly. How high off the tank is the light?

It's as high off the tank as it can be..like 8" from the waterline and about 11" from the highest coral

Just got back from a 7 day trip to Yosemite, now to wait another 5 weeks for my PicO....

You can always spend those 5 weeks aquascaping before the tank actually comes.

It's as high off the tank as it can be..like 8" from the waterline and about 11" from the highest coral

I would say just keep slowly bumping it up until everything looks happy. That seems plenty high.

You can always spend those 5 weeks aquascaping before the tank actually comes.

I already have all my rock out so I can play with scapes. Also my tank is getting up to 82 during the day, trying to figure out how to cool it down as we don't have ac.
JavaJacketOC

I would say just keep slowly bumping it up until everything looks happy. That seems plenty high.

I already have all my rock out so I can play with scapes. Also my tank is getting up to 82 during the day, trying to figure out how to cool it down as we don't have ac.

Fan across the water..my tank gets 84 without it during the day..easily brings my 5 gallon down to 79-80 with a small fan on

Fan across the water..my tank gets 84 without it during the day..easily brings my 5 gallon down to 79-80 with a small fan on

Did you just get a generic fan or something made for our tanks?

How was your trip?

We had a great time! Unfortunately a fire started the first day we got there about 14 miles from camp so the whole trip was a bit ashy. We did a 10 and a 4 mile hike, but mostly just relaxed in the river.

So I was initially going to do a direct transfer from my temp 10g, but now I'm kinda leaning towards starting fresh with new rock (I already have alot of dry rock set aside). This way I can really take the time to scape the tank the way I want to. What do you think?

Sweet, besides the smoke it sounds like fun! There has been a shit-ton of fires this year in Western Canada as well.

As for the scape redo, I think it's a grand idea. The rock scape is one of the most important features, as it's the foundation of your entire reef.

Sweet, besides the smoke it sounds like fun! There has been a shit-ton of fires this year in Western Canada as well.

As for the scape redo, I think it's a grand idea. The rock scape is one of the most important features, as it's the foundation of your entire reef.

Ill have to get some putty then and get all my remaining zoas on frag plugs so they can be transferred.

Just did a water change and tested nitrate at 1ppm with the red sea pro kit. Sunny D's lost some color but are making a major comeback, I counted 8 polyps open and happy. Rastas never lost color but a few melted away leaving me with around 6 polyps. Red pe's have 2 polyps and are coloring back up. My lone surviving ricordia is pretty bleached but is starting to color back up. Fire & Ice, and tubbs blue are slowly opening back up. Im going to put them all on plugs so they can heal up and get transferred to the new tank after cycle.

Just did a water change and tested nitrate at 1ppm with the red sea pro kit. Sunny D's lost some color but are making a major comeback, I counted 8 polyps open and happy. Rastas never lost color but a few melted away leaving me with around 6 polyps. Red pe's have 2 polyps and are coloring back up. My lone surviving ricordia is pretty bleached but is starting to color back up. Fire & Ice, and tubbs blue are slowly opening back up. Im going to put them all on plugs so they can heal up and get transferred to the new tank after cycle.

Slowly but surely they'll multiply like crazy once your tank is set up. Btw, did you know Mike sold his store?

He did? I wonder why, seemed like business was good for him.

Too far from his home (takes him like an hour to get there). He's planning on relocating his store somewhere closer to his house (somewhere in the SGV).

Mike sold his store to another guy I met who sells corals from his garage. Nice guy and very professional. He used to sell a crap ton of R. Floridas and zoas so I'm pretty excited to see it. He's also planning on converting that koi pond into a look-down reef.

Im waiting for this new shop to open up down the street from my house. Its called IRC Iconic Reef Company, looks like it could be really cool.

Too far from his home (takes him like an hour to get there). He's planning on relocating his store somewhere closer to his house (somewhere in the SGV).

Mike sold his store to another guy I met who sells corals from his garage. Nice guy and very professional. He used to sell a crap ton of R. Floridas and zoas so I'm pretty excited to see it. He's also planning on converting that koi pond into a look-down reef.

Oh nice! I will definitely go check him out, I'll definitely be picking up some rics down the line.

Archived