ReefCleaners.org

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

Deleted User 4

:naughtydance:

Absolutely agree. Im a sucker for a high quality product, unfortunately that means I pay high quality prices lol. Oh well cant take it with you when your gone.

I would say, my ada(the tank itself, not my equipments) is the only high quality thing I have in my house lolol. Everything else is medium quality. (I have practically close to nothing now.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

If you're not going to provide pics, which should at least result in a fine, give me an update on that scoly!

Yeah I want to see your scoly again tris.

Deleted User 4

I'm so glad I don't see the disco effect in my tank.

Hang it closer to the water surface, and you will see two spotlights on the back aquarium wall. That my friend, is the two cluster rule Ai has.

Yeah I want to see your scoly again tris.

If you're not going to provide pics, which should at least result in a fine, give me an update on that scoly!

Alright just took some spur of the moment pics with my phone so dont expect anything fancy.

Scoly

KpjzxDF.jpg

Scoly & Zoas

NqzgziZ.jpg

Sunny D's and Mind Blowing

U4N3l0K.jpg

Blurry Shot of my TSB playing around in the ric garden

ihAuGN3.jpg

Deleted User 4

Nice! Seems like your corals are doing fine under the razor, though I remember you complaining about your razor the last time?

Where's your sps? :)

That scoly is getting hugggeee every time.

Corals are doing great, everything growing/popping out babies ect. I tried getting a pic of my sps but its just too difficult with this phone, comes out like shit every time.

Size reference for scoly....

oBbYB6x.jpg

That tsb is roaming around in the tank. It's too bad JDH's tsb isn't any close like it. ahaha

Thats why I don't get it, mine is always swimming around the tank. At night he goes into his cave and its lights out.

Yeah, ahah maybe his tsb is too scared of him Lololol. That's the only reason I can think of.

Your corals are flourishing though. :)

They really are thanks :)

LOL, Well he does have his two spots. One is right dead center and the other is facing me at my desk to the right. So he's always keeping an eye on me. He's just a jump thing. Today I seen him picking on the hermit though. He just startes at the frags all day too. It's so funny.

But overall he's a scared little bitch. I dunno. Like I said before, I got a lemon.

LOL, Well he does have his two spots. One is right dead center and the other is facing me at my desk to the right. So he's always keeping an eye on me. He's just a jump thing. Today I seen him picking on the hermit though. He just startes at the frags all day too. It's so funny.

But overall he's a scared little bitch. I dunno. Like I said before, I got a lemon.

Haha mine follows my hermit around and eat the algae off his shell, one of my favorite things to watch. The hermit tries to get away but he's just not fast enough.

Wouldn't call him a lemon, maybe he's just a late bloomer habra

Perhaps. He still bolts when I come into the room though - even after all this time. I'm pretty sure he knows that I feed him :lol: Maybe when I rescape things will change a bit. Take him out of his comfort zone for the better :P

Deleted User 4

Oh cool, personally never been a fan of designer clowns except for the Picassos. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yeah, no problem.... I keep forgetting about that, about you ahahha.

But I'll keep an eye out for ya, since I'm always at the two lfs every week.

Hang it closer to the water surface, and you will see two spotlights on the back aquarium wall. That my friend, is the two cluster rule Ai has.

I'm sure any LED array that is too close will cause the disco effect. Essentially it's a downside of LED nature, not just my specific light. For me, I think I have the perfect balance of height and power. The only part that slightly resembles disco for me is looking at my tank from the surface. Between the LED arrays and the surface agitation, I can almost make out the two clusters. I don't see that at all from looking at my tank through the glass.

The problem I can see for many is that a tank not in cube shape would need the light high enough to have coverage while low enough for both power and less light spill over. But if your light is too low then I can see running into the disco.

Just go MH already and be done with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read this entire thread.... I am planning on ordering a PicO in the next couple of days.

I will probably not being going with the shallow ones, but your's looks awesome.

I am trying to decide on a light... Are you still not quite satisfied with your Razor? What would you get if you had to do it over again (LED perfeably)? I had originally budgeted about $300 for a light, but after reading some of your post I am not sure...

Also, what color spectrum is your Razor? Not sure if I missed that info...

I also would like an update on your Razor. My AI Nano broke last night and I need a replacement. My choices are Razor Nano, Zetlight Aqua Pro, and Nanobox. Razor is the cheapest one that will mount nicely with the Pico LifeNet cover.

I also would like an update on your Razor. My AI Nano broke last night and I need a replacement. My choices are Razor Nano, Zetlight Aqua Pro, and Nanobox. Razor is the cheapest one that will mount nicely with the Pico LifeNet cover.

Isn't there a warranty on the ai nano?? You should contact AI directly.

Isn't there a warranty on the ai nano?? You should contact AI directly.

I got it used and it's been 2 years. I did contact AI. They said to ship it back to them and they will take a look. They suspect motherboard which is $100 to replace plus whatever labor they may charge. Since it's going to cost me $150+ to get it fixed, I rather get a new light. I dont even like the AI that much =P.

supermarvin76

Get a NanoBox!

Archived