ReefCleaners.org

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Won't dust and salt creep get trapped or attracted to the t-5 hybrid? I mean I could imagine it being harder to keep it clean.

Won't dust and salt creep get trapped or attracted to the t-5 hybrid? I mean I could imagine it being harder to keep it clean.

No more than any other light, I keep my stuff really clean so that wont be an issue.

Deleted User 4

Mmm, I know you will but I think it has more to do with the hard shell of the t-5 casing. The structure looks more complicated, requires more hand leverage on the wiping part. :)

Mmm, I know you will but I think it has more to do with the hard shell of the t-5 casing. The structure looks more complicated, requires more hand leverage on the wiping part. :)

I see what you're getting at but I honesty don't think it will get any dirtier than my current fixture that has fins that I need to wipe individually.

Deleted User 4

I see what you're getting at but I honesty don't think it will get any dirtier than my current fixture that has fins that I need to wipe individually.

Yeah, your razor may be much harder to clean. You have no problem then. :)

The Razor can be a bit of a bitch if any salt creep from a splash gets in between the grooves of the heatsink. Otherwise dust isn't too bad. I just usually take it to a spot away from the tank, and use one of those cans of air once in a while, otherwise a surface wife is sufficient.

It must be a sign Tristan! A sexy sign. :lol:

The Razor can be a bit of a bitch if any salt creep from a splash gets in between the grooves of the heatsink. Otherwise dust isn't too bad. I just usually take it to a spot away from the tank, and use one of those cans of air once in a while, otherwise a surface wife is sufficient.

It must be a sign Tristan! A sexy sign. :lol:

I have a little duster that I use to wipe it down but mine is hung high enough that I never get salt creep or splashes.

Haha sexy signs are the best signs.

Does Arthur pick at your corals at all?

I've just been reading so many mixed things on Blenny's in general picking at their SPS, i'm getting a little freaked out.

supermarvin76

Yeah bro full time student full time employee, no such thing as a free lunch.

Yeah it's like throwing money into a bottomless pit. lol

Wait until you have spoiled blood sucking kids to pay for too.

Ah.... What's money? I work full time, go to school, and have two kids. As I'm typing this I my iPad, Henry Hugglemonster is on, the kids are content, and I should be doing homework instead of trolling NR.

THIS is what I always dreamt my early 30s would be like!

Does Arthur pick at your corals at all?

I've just been reading so many mixed things on Blenny's in general picking at their SPS, i'm getting a little freaked out.

Mine has never even come close to picking at any of my sps Lps zoas or mushrooms. I did a fair amount of reading and it seems that the TSB is the best tempered of the blennies and the least likely to pick at corals. Bicolored blennies on the other hand are known to nip.

Ah.... What's money? I work full time, go to school, and have two kids. As I'm typing this I my iPad, Henry Hugglemonster is on, the kids are content, and I should be doing homework instead of trolling NR.

THIS is what I always dreamt my early 30s would be like!

Hahaha no one ever said it was going to be easy. Maybe your early 40's will be nothing but wine and roses.

Good to hear. Just looking for more insight towards the TSB, thanks for that.

So it's been a while since photo's...

I love my TSB, took forever to actually get him but it was well worth the wait. I'm kinda lagging in the pic department, school semester started so I'm pretty tapped out on free time. My gf did just pick up a brand new canon t5i, that camera is so awesome with the touch screen and all the new features.
Deleted User 4

If you think that's nice you should check out the ATI t5/led hybrid.

I think Ati has better casing but not better leds. They do have more t-5s though.

I'm just going to wait until multi chip LED's are the standard before I upgrade. Although the Razor does a great job of blending, I still don't like the disco effect you see with LED's in general.

I think for now, the T-5/LED combo is the best bet to eliminate that, but still have shimmer - without going MH of course.

Have you ever used T-5's before Tristan?

Deleted User 4

I'd take the ati over the prestige any day, ati has been around for a long time and has always made outstanding lights.

Yeah true. But I just love all those cree leds, that prestige light provides. There definitely will not be a disco/spotlight like the razor, or kessil or ai, or ecotech.

And less shadows, blindspots in the tank.

I'm just going to wait until multi chip LED's are the standard before I upgrade. Although the Razor does a great job of blending, I still don't like the disco effect you see with LED's in general.

I think for now, the T-5/LED combo is the best bet to eliminate that, but still have shimmer - without going MH of course.

Yes I agree, and prestige led/t-5 hybrid seems to eliminate that disability.

Yes I had a 4 bulb unit on a 20g a while back and I haven't been able to replicate the color I got with ati bulbs. The light was amazing, very little heat excellent growth, perfect colors, ect.

Yeah true. But I just love all those cree leds, that prestige light provides.

You know the ati uses Cree LEDs as well right lol.

Are you getting a PLS-50?

Be sweet if you could fit that and the reactor at the same time.

The pls-50 needs about 4"x4" and the reactor needs around 2.5" so I don't think they would both fit.
Deleted User 4

Yeah I know but the geisemann doesn't have as many leds, and for geisemann, they only have it in the center...like maxspect razor, kessil, ai, ecotech.. too much disco ball/ spotlight.

But the geisemann does have the t-5's for that long coverage. The prestige light has more than enough coverage on the leds alone.

You get what you pay for, that prestige looks like Chinese made crap rather spend the extra $700 for the high quality German ATI : )

Lol. Prestige isn't cheap imo.

$549 for only 24"....

http://www.prestige-led.com/#!shop/c1vw1

Yeah I know but the geisemann doesn't have as many leds, and for geisemann, they only have it in the center...like maxspect razor, kessil, ai, ecotech.. too much disco ball/ spotlight.

But the geisemann does have the t-5's for that long coverage. The prestige light has more than enough coverage on the leds alone.

Lol. Prestige isn't cheap imo.

$549 for only 24"....

http://www.prestige-led.com/#!shop/c1vw1

It's not guisemann it's ati. And it has 3 clusters that go across the unit, I highly doubt it has any coverage issues lol.

You get what you pay for, that prestige looks like Chinese made crap rather spend the extra $700 for the high quality German ATI : )

Not everyone feels the way we do it seems.

Archived