inTank Media Baskets

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

What? Really? Lol. I know the old guy over there overcharges, but definitely not the boss, or the female employees. IMO.Also they have a huge selection of fishes. Their display tank isn't all that bad either. Every Tuesday morning, they get new fishes in and if you go right when they open, you can get it when it's still in the wholesales bag. This way you won't have to worry about getting a sick fish because it hasn't touched the store's water.

They usually have a nice selection of fish but I just really find it hard to support a store that takes little care to maintain healthy fish. A couple dead fish here and there is normal, and you can't expect them to be as healthy as they would be in a home aquarium but the times I have gone it has been pretty bad. When I have the option of going to at least four other places that have much healthier systems it doesn't make sense to go there. If you have a tds meter check their rodi, it's pretty funny.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

They usually have a nice selection of fish but I just really find it hard to support a store that takes little care to maintain healthy fish. A couple dead fish here and there is normal, and you can't expect them to be as healthy as they would be in a home aquarium but the times I have gone it has been pretty bad. When I have the option of going to at least four other places that have much healthier systems it doesn't make sense to go there. If you have a tds meter check their rodi, it's pretty funny.

Lol I see. So what stores you go to? Nearby? All I do now is stop by at both tong's and discount haha. Since they're right by each other.

Corals and Tank shots are looking great. Keep it up.

Thanks man, I've added quite a bit since my last update but I'm waiting to get the gf's dslr to update with pics.... Hopefully tomorrow.

Lol I see. So what stores you go to? Nearby? All I do now is stop by at both tong's and discount haha. Since they're right by each other.

You won't like the places I go, too far for you lol. Age of aquariums in signal hill, coral collection in garden grove, and SoCal tropical in fullerton are my main ones.

Red_Blenny

Thanks man, I've added quite a bit since my last update but I'm waiting to get the gf's dslr to update with pics.... Hopefully tomorrow.

You won't like the places I go, too far for you lol. Age of aquariums in signal hill, coral collection in garden grove, and SoCal tropical in fullerton are my main ones.

Good choices. Those are my favorite LFS here in socal.

I see. I love ages in signal. Been there a few times from carpooling lolol. You know me too well.

You're still missing out. You should have a day where you go LFS hopping.

Finally got to do a water change today, it's been 2 weeks :( I am unable to post any pics yet but I will share my newest additions. Bought some zoas off of member WrongGenotype, Sunny D's, Ked Reds, Mind blowing palys, and bubbilicious zoas. They are all very nice healthy frags and are doing great in the tank. Pictures to come when I have time (not alot lately).

Nice tank. I'm hoping I can get a tailspot blenny as well - pretty awesome guys. Buy 3 get 2 free frag sale every tuesday at my LFS so hopefully I've got a reef like yours going soon.

I've just got a standard 10g and I didn't really think about how awkward placing rock in a 10" wide tank would be. I'm sure the 18x18 bottom of yours made things a whole lot easier.

Nice tank. I'm hoping I can get a tailspot blenny as well - pretty awesome guys. Buy 3 get 2 free frag sale every tuesday at my LFS so hopefully I've got a reef like yours going soon.

I've just got a standard 10g and I didn't really think about how awkward placing rock in a 10" wide tank would be. I'm sure the 18x18 bottom of yours made things a whole lot easier.

Thank you! Ive actually changed the scape more times on this tank than I ever did with my other tanks, I think I finally hit the sweet spot though. I really need to do a pic update...

Hey really nice tank! Really coming along, where did you buy your perc? Really nice and healthy looking

Thank you! I actually got him from my lfs because of his outstanding color and health. Had him for 9 months now and he is extremely healthy.

Deleted User 4

Hey tris, I stopped by at discount and they got some small warpaint scolys selling for $45 each. I think you might be interested in them.

They also got in some orange/red bubble tips and selling them $45 each.

Tong's getting some new fishes in tomorrow morning.

Hey tris, I stopped by at discount and they got some small warpaint scolys selling for $45 each. I think you might be interested in them.

They also got in some orange/red bubble tips and selling them $45 each.

Tong's getting some new fishes in tomorrow morning.

scolys for 45? What's wrong with em?! I'm done with fish, perc and a TSB is enough.
Deleted User 4

scolys for 45? What's wrong with em?! I'm done with fish, perc and a TSB is enough.

Yeah, you better hurry up or else someone else will buy them. I would buy them if I was ready to stock corals but am not for another 2 years.

Hmm, maybe you can trade your big scoly for 2 small ones. haha.

The bta's look amazing too. But I'm done trying to feed them directly lol.

We need a new FTS up in here

I know!!! My girlfriend is out of the country for another 10 days and she took the dslr.. I may just sack up and post an iPhone fts.

Kfmmartin19

I know!!! My girlfriend is out of the country for another 10 days and she took the dslr.. I may just sack up and post an iPhone fts.

do it!

... :(

I ended up having way too many beers with my buddy yesterday after work.... Today, I will make pictures happen!!!

Alright guys and gals, since I dont have a dslr available to me right now I did something a little different (for me at least). I made an FTV (full tank video), its shot with my iphone so dont expect perfection. This gives you a chance to see what I see when I sit an stare into my tank. Enjoy (maybe)

Hooray for shitty iphone pics!!!

My favorites right now.... Thanks WrongGenotype

1j8UBY2.jpg

kfrQ1sW.jpg

7Tt4xVY.jpg

Z8DB51b.jpg

Archived