Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

Deleted User 4

Oh whoops, I was looking at different fixtures....mmm but I would still have to say that 3 clusters isn't going to cover the whole tank, hence why they added the t-5 bulbs to eliminate shadows underneath tall crevices.

He's Asian, it's not crap to him. Sorry IIX, I had to :)

Lol, I'm a poor asian. :(

If you ask a rich asian.....might be different for them. I still think $500-600 is a grip for a 23" fixture....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh whoops, I was looking at different fixtures....mmm but I would still have to say that 3 clusters isn't going to cover the whole tank, hence why they added the t-5 bulbs to eliminate shadows underneath tall crevices.

Lol, I'm a poor asian. :(

If you ask a rich asian.....might be different for them. I still think $500-600 is a grip for a 23" fixture....

Lol I'm not going to try and convince you, to each their own. The point is having 3 clusters or even 2 is more than enough to achieve good coverage as long as the optics are correct. You haven't even seen the prestige in person yet it's better than anything else apparently.
Deleted User 4

Lol I'm not going to try and convince you, to each their own. The point is having 3 clusters or even 2 is more than enough to achieve good coverage as long as the optics are correct. You haven't even seen the prestige in person yet it's better than anything else apparently.

Lolol. I hope I see it in person some day....

3 clusters....that's just like a razor. Not enough imo, especially when you have tall rocks. More shadows. Optics doesn't really make a difference on tall rock scapes.

I've noticed that the disco effect happens when you have alot of surface agitation, I could be wron but that's what it seems like in my tank. Radion G2 is on sale for $549!!!

Go to sps coral store, they have three razors over an elos tank and will make you reconsider your comments illu

Deleted User 4

I've noticed that the disco effect happens when you have alot of surface agitation, I could be wron but that's what it seems like in my tank. Radion G2 is on sale for $549!!!

Go to sps coral store, they have three razors over an elos tank and will make you reconsider your comments illu

I never said razor was incapable of sps....I was just saying, don't like the 3 spotlight effect on the tank. Rather have the whole tank lit up instead of 3 spotlights.

Yeah I got an email from brs, they must be trying to get more units out before they release their reef link.

I never said razor was incapable of sps....I was just saying, don't like the 3 spotlight effect on the tank. Rather have the whole tank lit up instead of 3 spotlights.

lol

Deleted User 4

Looks horrible. I'd rather get the razor knockoff than this.

Saw this fixture in person before and they don't look as good as those custom nanobox t5 fixtures. Besides, those are moonlight LEDs.

Like mentioned earlier, ATI's T5/LED fixture hands down takes the cake. I like how they cluster the LEDs together, rather than spreading it all out like that Prestige T5/LED fixture.

Sounds like you're planning to upgrade your lights eh Tristan? Too bad ATI doesn't have 18" bulbs cause I'm sure nano-box would build you one heck of a T5/LED fixture.

Sounds like you're planning to upgrade your lights eh Tristan? Too bad ATI doesn't have 18" bulbs cause I'm sure nano-box would build you one heck of a T5/LED fixture.

I wouldn't say planning on it, but rather thinking abut it haha. If I were to go with a hybrid fixture from nanobox I would just have it 24" and deal with it sticking out a bit, or make that an incentive to get a bigger tank :)

I'll share a little bit of my plan...

~30g Tank 24"x18"x18" complete with a sump/fuge. Im really hoping that when the time comes Chris will build it for me.

For lighting this beast I have really been considering going with a 4/6 bulb ATI unit instead of going leds, or have Dave make me a badass hybrid unit.

Deleted User 4

Looks horrible. I'd rather get the razor knockoff than this.

Saw this fixture in person before and they don't look as good as those custom nanobox t5 fixtures. Besides, those are moonlight LEDs.

Like mentioned earlier, ATI's T5/LED fixture hands down takes the cake. I like how they cluster the LEDs together, rather than spreading it all out like that Prestige T5/LED fixture.

Oh you've seen that in person? Damn, yeah these are all kind of a knockoffs though. Price isn't fairly cheap either. The nano razor knockoff is only $30 cheaper than the original.....lolol.

~30g Tank 24"x18"x18" complete with a sump/fuge. Im really hoping that when the time comes Chris will build it for me.

For lighting this beast I have really been considering going with a 4/6 bulb ATI unit instead of going leds, or have Dave make me a badass hybrid unit.

Going shallow again eh? :)

That sounds sweet. I'd love to source out Chris for a large build for me in the future, but shipping to Canada is so expensive already, I don't know if it is feasible.

Ya honestly, right after having my tank set up, I always think about the limitations of a nano and not having a sump sucks. It's a thing about space though in my Condo. I suppose if we can be successful at nano tanks, than a large tank will be a breeze :D

That sounds sweet. I'd love to source out Chris for a large build for me in the future, but shipping to Canada is so expensive already, I don't know if it is feasible.

Ya honestly, right after having my tank set up, I always think about the limitations of a nano and not having a sump sucks. It's a thing about space though in my Condo. I suppose if we can be successful at nano tanks, than a large tank will be a breeze :D

I feel the exact same way, I really want to have a nice macro forest plumbed into the system too and that just isn't easy with our tanks. I know it's going to be expensive but if Chris agrees to making the DT and Sump/fuge I know it will be really nice.
Deleted User 4

You should probably go custom again like your current setup. :)

I feel the exact same way, I really want to have a nice macro forest plumbed into the system too and that just isn't easy with our tanks. I know it's going to be expensive but if Chris agrees to making the DT and Sump/fuge I know it will be really nice.

The more I look at the casing of Prestige light, I'm starting to say to myself, "Yeah, looks like chinese crap!!" Lolol.

That's badass, a 24"x18"x18" with sump/fuge. I've been planning on a 36x18x16 with either the ATI T5/LED combo, ATI dimmable 6 bulb T5, or Aquaticlife 6 bulb with stunner strips. Already got all the equipment planned out in my head already though.

Oooh, that sounds nice. Every time I look at pre-made tanks, I am always not impressed with the finishing, like the silicone is too messy, or the lack of polished edges, or regular glass (not starphire/low-iron) We are so spoiled :P

The Macro forest sound really nice.

Archived