SaltCritters.com

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

supermarvin76

Fed the tank this morning, the TSB actually came out and was chowing down on cyclops. He still won't go to far from his cave, and the minute he sees me he hides, but he's making progress :)

That's exactly how my watchman was. Since I've removed the rock where is house was, he now has built two houses in great places for me to see. And he's also out more.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he will get more comfortable in time! I added a possum wrasse to my tank, nervously, as I heard stories of people adding them and seeing them maybe once a week, sometimes once a month. I'm having to modify my stocking list a little (dropping more aggressive species,) but it's going to be worth it - Leroy Brown (possum wrasse) is out all day, swimming and pecking the glass/rock. He no longer runs for cover when someone walks up to the tank - instead he boldly heads towards the return nozzle (where he now accepts pellets almost from out fingers!)

Your TSB makes me want a blenny, such funny looking fish.

Nice! From what I've read, TSB's are pretty social once they get comfortable so I'm sure it's just a waiting game. I've wanted one since I started the hobby, the huge eyes and the strange antennae things that protrude from their head make them look like they belong in a Dr. Seuss book haha.

That's exactly how my watchman was. Since I've removed the rock where is house was, he now has built two houses in great places for me to see. And he's also out more.

At my lfs they have a watchman goby and coral banded shrimp pair, I was so tempted to pick them up when I couldn't find a TSB, they are so cool.

Hey Tristan, where did you get the top mesh cover for your tank? Is it custom? Would you know where I'll be able to get something like that made for my Nuvo24. Not a big fan of the glass cover. A see a lot of salt build up. Have to wipe it every other day.

Hey Tristan, where did you get the top mesh cover for your tank? Is it custom? Would you know where I'll be able to get something like that made for my Nuvo24. Not a big fan of the glass cover. A see a lot of salt build up. Have to wipe it every other day.

Mine is from PicO aquariums my friend :) I'm not sure if Chris is taking custom orders right now but you could always ask him if he would make one for the nuvo.

The TSB is really starting to get comfortable in here. Hes not 100% yet but I will find him swimming around picking at the rock near his home, but when I walk near him he will swim right back into his hole lol. I did catch him eating the algae off of my hermits shell last night though haha. Here are a few pics.

Ehyyoc3.jpg

YaoJwPO.jpg

Nice looking TSB for sure! Loving the amount of purple from your lighting.

Thank you! It's honestly not that purple to the eye but it comes out that way in pics.

Im watching the funniest thing happen in my tank right now. Art (TSB) decided today was the day to introduce himself to Pete (Perc. Clown). As Pete is doing his own thing swimming around, Art swims all the way up to him at the front of the tank and just hovers in front of him. Pete sees him and swims up for a minute, then goes on his way. Clearly Pete isn't phased by his new tank buddy and Art took this as a sign that he can now explore the whole tank, which he is doing now haha.

So cool. You've made me want a TSB - been searching the LFS for them.

I could watch him all day, he's actually more active than my clown haha. They are amazing little fish, I am so happy I was finally able to find one.

Good to hear that your Clownfish is getting along well with the TSB. Hope it stays that way.

Yeah I'm glad too. The tail spot is getting more and more active every day, he has also made a home amongst the ricordias which is super awesome. He pokes his head out from under them haha. It's wierd, my clown stays in one spot pretty much all the time, but the blenny swims throughout the entire tank all day long.. I thought it was supposed the be they other way around.

Nano sapiens

Yeah I'm glad too. The tail spot is getting more and more active every day, he has also made a home amongst the ricordias which is super awesome. He pokes his head out from under them haha. It's wierd, my clown stays in one spot pretty much all the time, but the blenny swims throughout the entire tank all day long.. I thought it was supposed the be they other way around.

When I had just one Clownfish it would do exactly the same thing...just stay in one spot. In my case, it wouldn't leave the back wall.

I had read that a second Clownfish could cure this and it sure did! Both Clowns now swim in all areas of the tank. The downside is that if the two Clowns get along, they may become aggressive towards the TSB, especially if they start spawning.

When I had just one Clownfish it would do exactly the same thing...just stay in one spot. In my case, it wouldn't leave the back wall.

I had read that a second Clownfish could cure this and it sure did! Both Clowns now swim in all areas of the tank. The downside is that if the two Clowns get along, they may become aggressive towards the TSB, especially if they start spawning.

Yeah even if I had the room to add another fish it wouldn't be another perc, id rather have him boring and passive than active and aggressive.

Just made a trip to coral collection for the first time and wow is that place awesome. Not only are they super nice, but he gave me pretty killer deals on the frags I got. Picked up a neon green frog ($30), Rasta zoas (5polyps for $50!), and my all time favs tubbs blues (7polyps for $20). Drip acclimating the frog and floating the zoas as we speak. Cheers folks.

Nano sapiens

Sounds like you had a good time and got what you wanted at a fair price. Always fun to visit a new facility.

Sounds like you had a good time and got what you wanted at a fair price. Always fun to visit a new facility.

Absolutely.

Great picture!

Peekaboo!!!

Haha thanks man, how's the build coming?

Makes me want to finally buy a nice camera

I need one of my own, I'm using my girlfriends dslr but it's at her house most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 4

Hey man, have you went to tong's in whittier lately? They always get in some pretty nice fishes. Corals once in a while. Seem like they don't really overcharge like they did in the past.

Hey man, have you went to tong's in whittier lately? They always get in some pretty nice fishes. Corals once in a while. Seem like they don't really overcharge like they did in the past.

I stopped going there a while ago. Always overcharged, livestock was never healthy, "display" tanks were pitiful, and coral selection was non existent. There are so many better places.

Deleted User 4

I stopped going there a while ago. Always overcharged, livestock was never healthy, "display" tanks were pitiful, and coral selection was non existent. There are so many better places.

What? Really? Lol.

I know the old guy over there overcharges, but definitely not the boss, or the female employees. IMO.

Also they have a huge selection of fishes. Their display tank isn't all that bad either. Every Tuesday morning, they get new fishes in and if you go right when they open, you can get it when it's still in the wholesales bag. This way you won't have to worry about getting a sick fish because it hasn't touched the store's water.

Archived