ReefCleaners.org

Maxspect Razor Owners thread

Daveg99

So what do you guys with 60w lights suggest for intensity,11" over a 28gal Nanocube? About 13"-14" from waterline to top of sandbed..(mixed reef)

Any thoughts on the 27" on a DSA 65gallon? Tank is 36" wide, 20.5" tall. It would be in a custom canopy. Roughly 4 inches off the surface

You will be fine with SPS. My Razor maxes out at 100% blue and 31% white for only 3 hours and my SPS are doing great. I also have mine mounted on the tank with the supplied legs, with 120 degree optics and the spread on a 36" tank is good from side to side.

You will be fine with SPS. I Razor maxes out at 100% blue and 31% white for only 3 hours and my SPS are doing great. I also have mine mounted on the tank with the supplied legs, with 120 degree optics and the spread on a 36" tank is good from side to side.

I can't find your tank thread ... any pictures?

Any thoughts on the 27" on a DSA 65gallon? Tank is 36" wide, 20.5" tall. It would be in a custom canopy. Roughly 4 inches off the surface

I would think it would be fine except that you're putting it in a canopy. Only 4" off the water, you're not going to get the best spread for a 3 foot long tank. My tank is 36" wide and I have my Razor 1.5 ft above the top of the tank.

If you are going to have it that close to the surface, you should definitely use the wider 120 degree reflectors/ optics...

I just won a DSA 65 Neo Pro Rimless and I'm going to use my 27' Razor that I'm using on my 48 gallon.

Since I have the 120 degree optics on the two outter pucks, how high should I hang it?

Currently I have a mix reef, SPS higher up and LPS in the middle and on the sand bed.

Well i did it..I've had PAR 38s, Par 30s, and even a MiniTide but something keeps drawing me to the Razor so today i purchased a 1 month old Nano Razor 60w 16K from one of our good friends on the classified forum.

I'm going to hang it over my new Mr Aqua 7.5 gal Bowfront which will have Softies, LPS, and some SPS. Do you guys think this will be an adequate light for the tank. 18" X 9.5" X 10" tall.

I just won a DSA 65 Neo Pro Rimless and I'm going to use my 27' Razor that I'm using on my 48 gallon.

Since I have the 120 degree optics on the two outter pucks, how high should I hang it?

Currently I have a mix reef, SPS higher up and LPS in the middle and on the sand bed.

I would put the 120's on the center puck, and you could probably hang it at 6-8 inches, although with their hanging kit it is really easy to adjust as you see fit.

Well i did it..I've had PAR 38s, Par 30s, and even a MiniTide but something keeps drawing me to the Razor so today i purchased a 1 month old Nano Razor 60w 16K from one of our good friends on the classified forum.

I'm going to hang it over my new Mr Aqua 7.5 gal Bowfront which will have Softies, LPS, and some SPS. Do you guys think this will be an adequate light for the tank. 18" X 9.5" X 10" tall.

Should be plenty... B)

• Like 1

OK. I have my Nano Razor 16K hanging over my 7.5 gal Bowfront and could really use some help setting up initial maximum percentages.

For the last 2 months i've been using two Coral Compulsion Par 30s 18k hanging about 8" above the water for 9hrs a day. I have Zoas, Palys, Ricordia, Torch, Hammer, and a couple Montipora caps.

The Razor is hanging 9" above the water and i plan on using the setpoints to ramp up to a 4 or 5 hr max to total 9 hrs light per day. What would you guys recommend as a start max % for channels A+B.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

jedimasterben

OK. I have my Nano Razor 16K hanging over my 7.5 gal Bowfront and could really use some help setting up initial maximum percentages.

For the last 2 months i've been using two Coral Compulsion Par 30s 18k hanging about 8" above the water for 9hrs a day. I have Zoas, Palys, Ricordia, Torch, Hammer, and a couple Montipora caps.

The Razor is hanging 9" above the water and i plan on using the setpoints to ramp up to a 4 or 5 hr max to total 9 hrs light per day. What would you guys recommend as a start max % for channels A+B.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Start with your full photoperiod and keep low percentages and raise them slowly.

Can I ask a favor of a nano owner? Can you give me the dimensions of the clamp? I'm looking for how long it is and the how deep into the tank it goes. I'm looking to put one on a aquarium and I'm trying to get a picture in my mind if the AIO chambers in the back will impact attaching it.

Start with your full photoperiod and keep low percentages and raise them slowly.

Thanks..When you say low percentages, 20, 30, 40, 50 or what?

I started my 160watt 16k over my 29 gallon standard at Ch1 35% Ch2 35% and slowly over the corse of 2 months had raised the intensity to Ch1 65% Ch2 80%. Just stop when your corals seem to be at their best.

Can I ask a favor of a nano owner? Can you give me the dimensions of the clamp? I'm looking for how long it is and the how deep into the tank it goes. I'm looking to put one on a aquarium and I'm trying to get a picture in my mind if the AIO chambers in the back will impact attaching it.

It's a bulky clamp about 7.3/4 " long and 1 1/8 " deep.