ReefCleaners.org

Mangrove Forest-time to say goodbye

Giga

WHOA, a tree root, but what kind of tree?? It's an impressive size!
Close, more to come

You've been slacking man.
I know, I know...............

tree trunk or petrified wood or both

Or neither? It's stage one of three and I was going to wait till I had everything but due to the weather some thing won't ship till wether stops getting so damn cold. Ima see if I can grab a better camera and take a few shots for ya and explain what's about to transpire

dazed-face.png i.........want

That made me squirt dr pepper out my nose lol
  • Like 3

so it's get crazier, It's a rock island, It's made out of 6 rocks, and the support, so it doesn't tip over, is still in the works so there's no underwater pics yet. I can't tell you how many rocks I went through to get this right and hours putting this together.Also I did a lot of hand carving on the rocks to make it more dramatic,like the long piece shooting to the right-that was all connected to the smaller spike shooting right. Let me know what you think

xnb3.jpg
ejag.jpg

Here's the cool part that I love, I made a natural place in the rock to house another type or tree that will be planted in this spot(look up bonsai rock planting) the tree I have for it has a 3.5" base so not a small tree and is about 20 years old.

we7y.jpg

I drilled a 1/2" hole in the bottom of this "bonsai pot" for the water drainage.

clhp.jpg

Back of the rock has a cool little cave-shot through the aerial roots

73pk.jpg

• Like 19
skimlessinseattle

Very nice. Funny how you think there is a cool "part". This entire build is freaking cool. Anything new swimming around in there?

• Like 1

Very nice. Funny how you think there is a cool "part". This entire build is freaking cool. Anything new swimming around in there?

No, one of my spotlight died for no reason, so he got fed to my land hermit crabs-nothing goes to waste. I'm thinking about adding a tang or something larger as I want one big fish swimming around in there.

Absolutely wonderful craziness here and imagination beyond words. It's incredible. Every little piece added is magic.

Thank you! it's slowly getting there. I want to get more done but with a 9 month old, working too many hour, too many project-everything gets moved to the weekend, and to top it off I don't have enough $$

so sick man

It is, isn't it!

O MA GAWD! :wub::wub::wub:

:P

I love it, great concept and execution, after seeing this I conclude mangroves should never be in a sump.

I have to agree with you