Giga

This. Is. Awesome.

Thanks!

semi-Patiently waiting for an update.

:P

Awesome stuff!

-Dave

Thank you!

Not much of an update as the tank is going through a cycle finally and some other stuff I need to change before I give a full tank shot again

73hf.jpg

• Like 6

Nice shot! Any hints on what your plans for additions are now that things are stabilizing?

yes but I'm having a hard time attaining it but it's another new thing done in reef tanks

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found what I'm looking for so some updates really soon and should be pretty impressive as I got all giddy inside when I look at it. Though it's not all done and I might get mixed reviews on the re-scape, so yeah.....lol

• Like 1

Right on! I'm sure it'll be awesome, I've read through a few of your threads, I have always wanted a mangrove and your threads have been super helpful, keep the updates and the pics coming, a little faster! :lol:

• Like 1
Looking forward to the update! I am sure it is a step in the right direction.

It'll be interesting to see for sure.

Right on! I'm sure it'll be awesome, I've read through a few of your threads, I have always wanted a mangrove and your threads have been super helpful, keep the updates and the pics coming, a little faster! :lol:

Yeah I really need to update more, it's just I have a lot of projects and not a lot of time so I end up working on one at a time. But there are updates coming for all my tanks!

Nice school of cardinals. It's awesome. I have a group of redspots and blue eyes but needs more. :)

I just got 4 more blue eyes! So I'm up to 8 blue eyes 2 orange line and 2 stop light cardinals, I would love red spots but don't think I'll find them locally.

It'll be interesting to see for sure. Yeah I really need to update more, it's just I have a lot of projects and not a lot of time so I end up working on one at a time. But there are updates coming for all my tanks! I just got 4 more blue eyes! So I'm up to 8 blue eyes 2 orange line and 2 stop light cardinals, I would love red spots but don't think I'll find them locally.

In comparison to a an oscellaris, how much smaller are the cardinals you have?

I am looking to add some small fish to the tank and since I am forced to keep a pair of clowns now I don't want the group of fish to be larger or even the same size as the clowns. No real reason asides from aesthetics. I know LA gives sizes on them but from experience many 3 inch fish carry much less visual weight than other 3 inch fish,

• Like 1

I just got 4 more blue eyes! So I'm up to 8 blue eyes 2 orange line and 2 stop light cardinals, I would love red spots but don't think I'll find them locally.

Check with Reef Chief in Suffolk. If red spot cardinals are available Jeff can/will get them for you.

• Like 1

Nice bro! I saw two stop lights a couple weeks ago but had to hold off due to light upgrade. I'm at 5 blue eyes and 5 redspots. I would like a group of 20 redspots. I'm searching for some rare cardinals, fingers crossed.

I love the schooling look in your tank, I vote more cardinals. Lol

• Like 1

In comparison to a an oscellaris, how much smaller are the cardinals you have?

I am looking to add some small fish to the tank and since I am forced to keep a pair of clowns now I don't want the group of fish to be larger or even the same size as the clowns. No real reason asides from aesthetics. I know LA gives sizes on them but from experience many 3 inch fish carry much less visual weight than other 3 inch fish,

There all just over an inch and stays pretty small

Check with Reef Chief in Suffolk. If red spot cardinals are available Jeff can/will get them for you.

He's a 3 hr round trip so I'll have to make a special trip if I want to do that lol

Nice bro! I saw two stop lights a couple weeks ago but had to hold off due to light upgrade. I'm at 5 blue eyes and 5 redspots. I would like a group of 20 redspots. I'm searching for some rare cardinals, fingers crossed.

I love the schooling look in your tank, I vote more cardinals. Lol

Yeah if I can find more rare cardinal I'll snatch them up

Of topic question: can mangrove be totally submerged in water? I got one in my new tank and this tank is simply to high to keep it (leafs) above the water line. Thanks

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I'll bet your mangroves are gonna love having all those cardinals in there.

BTW, this is sumped, right? Have you posted any pics of the hardware yet?

• Like 1

Of topic question: can mangrove be totally submerged in water? I got one in my new tank and this tank is simply to high to keep it (leafs) above the water line. Thanks

Everything I've read and seen lead me to believe, not long term. They get totally submerged at high tide in the wild, but I this is not 24/7, I have not tested this so I could be wrong but they would in essence drown as they need o2 to survive

I'll bet your mangroves are gonna love having all those cardinals in there.BTW, this is sumped, right? Have you posted any pics of the hardware yet?

I posted it a while ago, but it's just a older nac3 skimmer, two 150 ehiem heaters and a 1250 return pump as well as some live rock. I'll post a new pic when I do my update
  • Like 1

Everything I've read and seen lead me to believe, not long term. They get totally submerged at high tide in the wild, but I this is not 24/7, I have not tested this so I could be wrong but they would in essence drown as they need o2 to survive

I posted it a while ago, but it's just a older nac3 skimmer, two 150 ehiem heaters and a 1250 return pump as well as some live rock. I'll post a new pic when I do my update

Thanks
I will move it back to hob fuge where it seemed to grow roots a lot faster. Could be that it likes muddy substrate more then black sand in my other tank.
Edited by Maniu
  • Like 1

Thanks

I will move it back to hob fuge where it seemed to grow roots a lot faster. Could be that it likes muddy substrate more then black sand in my other tank.

Mud generally is higher in organics, aka fertilizers , but just be carefully moving them around to much.