SaltCritters.com

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

Oh wow, that looks awesome. What shape will the tank be? Definitely a good idea to get that cheep plumbing from brs if you can, the fancy valves are super pricey and really add up. UPS delivered mine yesterday though, and they're definitely much nicer.

That's a good point. I think I need to plan the plumbing today and buy a bunch of stuff while it's still on sale. BRS has free returns so probably better to just buy more rather than less. As long as I remember to actually send it back of course :lol:.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a dare.

You gotta.

I'm not sure how much there could be left to buy unless I set up another tank! I'm not 100% what size the plumbing will be on this new tank so it looks like I'll have to put off buying valves and some other plumbing till after I figure that out.

These are reasonable sentences.

But boxes in the mail feel like Christmas every time.

You gotta!

Agreed. If only Ecotech and perhaps Kessil had sales this black Friday, then I would have gotten even more boxes for myself...

​How big is the new tank going to be? (sorry if you mentioned this before, wasn't paying attention for a few years there)

Agreed. If only Ecotech and perhaps Kessil had sales this black Friday, then I would have gotten even more boxes for myself...

​How big is the new tank going to be? (sorry if you mentioned this before, wasn't paying attention for a few years there)

I hadn't said too much about it actually. I'm planning on a 36x21x20" tank with a ghost overflow. That puts it right at a 65 gallon tank.

So I need to decide on dosing containers. I'm thinking an ebay special as I don't see why I should be paying 150$ for a three jars with a tube sticking out. Am I missing something? Also, anyone have an ebay favorite?

As for the rest of the sump and equipment layout, can't wait for the trigger systems to get here so I can get a good visual on how everything will go into to the stand. Trying to decide final locations on dosing pumps and reactors. I think I have it all picked out, but well, ya never know till you have things in your hands, right?

Oh, no! Apparently average is 3-6 years, but they can get to over 20 8D

Mine's almost 3 years at this point; I'm hoping she lives forever. :wub:

For some reason I was thinking clownfish had a span of like 10-15 years. Off to google!

Oh and no worries guys, the sump arrived today and *MY* box will arrive on Friday.

For some reason I was thinking clownfish had a span of like 10-15 years. Off to google!

Fingers crossed! I'm hoping the 3-6 years is a captivity average that's pulled down by all the kids who want a Nemo. >>

Oh and no worries guys, the sump arrived today and *MY* box will arrive on Friday.

Did you get both pairs?

Wait. Veng got a sump? A trigger systems right? I thought you were going to make your own sump Veng.

Nope. It had everything I wanted and it was daughter approved. See for your self:

hY5ttKw.jpg

Did you get both pairs?

We've always had a pair of clownfish, they're mated and I assume bonded.

Dangit - you asked if I got both pairs of shoes?!? No, just the one pair of short boots.

Nope. It had everything I wanted and it was daughter approved. See for your self:

hY5ttKw.jpg

Are you going to put the sump in there at that orientation? It might be difficult to reach stuff in the back at that angle... but then again, I guess that's what the child helper is for. Clearly she fits.

Are you going to put the sump in there at that orientation? It might be difficult to reach stuff in the back at that angle... but then again, I guess that's what the child helper is for. Clearly she fits.

Yes, that is the plan. The only thing that should be difficult to reach is the return pump which I've found my self rarely needing accessing on the 20L. Where the helper is standing is going to be a 20H for an ATO reservoir (Yes I'm lazy and I hate refilling them so I make them extra large :))

:happydance:

Good gosh that stand is something else.

Need to see stain color swatches. Must see swatches. Against the banister.

Yup.

I have no idea if "something else" is a good thing or a bad thing in this context. :) Due to a mistake I should have a large piece of wood I can stain for color options.

color options!

omgomgomg

Max the puppy can fit in that stand. So can Samson. Plus both kids. Little frag can prolly fit in the sump.

You made this for all creatures great and small didn't you.

We had to sell the house to afford the tank, so I figured we had to live somewhere, why not in the stand!

Archived