Coral Vue Hydros

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, regardless of the kid's thoughts to the size, progress is being made on a solution to get this light over the 20L until I can finish this other tank build.

BkmROqR.jpg

Her eyes get so big when we talk about a bigger tank and she holds her arms out as wide as they can go and say "big big BIG tank!"

Not like I coached her or anything. I promise. fingerscrossed

LMAO I totally coached her.

Are you going to stain it to match the balustrade?

I don't think so. I'm not a huge fan of the color of the balustrade and I don't think I could get it to match, so I'm going to try to complement it rather than compete with it.

IIRC that color looks good on small surfaces, but has a real purple tint that is more apparent on larger surfaces.

Yeah it's more purple than red.

I vote dark gray. Like, not even going wood so it's much easier to wipe off the salt.

New light is up over the 20L. Turned all the way up it it puts out about 3 times as much light. Here's a SOC (straight out of camera) comparison between the old light and the new light at full power on everything but the white, they are around 50%.

Old:

mb6Gho1.jpg

New:

DcrsIeW.jpg

As for long term and not quick photos, the LEDs are turned down to around 15% their power. I'm starting with about a 5-10% boost in PAR and will slowly turn them up and see how stuff responds.

Saving a bunch with BRS's sale is going to cost me a lot of money....

Don't worry, you're not alone. I've got my trigger finger on the buy button, just hoping for some sort of bulk rock discount on Pukani - similar to the 40lb boxes for $90 they did last year or the year before. And suddenly so many other little things I decided I could live without seem like must buys...

Archived