Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

The pump also has rubber feet too :P

Just wait till the feet vibrate out, then back to me with that. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Orange rics have always done well for me. My blue ones are like SPS ... spectacular if conditions are right, otherwise just an ok blue.

I'm on a yellow torch kick. The Aussie ones stay compact so you can sit them up above other corals and not worry about a kill zone, at least from my experience. I'm getting one next week, finally, to replace the one I killed.

Yellow torches are the bane of my existence, they're fine one day, and dead from BJD the next. :rant:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got out to Fish2Morow today. It's a great LFS that's well worth checking out if you're in the area. Saw a huge selection of frags and they have one of the best display tanks in DFW. Was so hard not to buy anything...

So I fitted the 20H that'll be an ATO and the Emerald 34 in the stand, the 34 is completely out of square by about an inch front to back. I'm really disappointed and not sure how I'm going to proceed. I just sent an e-mail to BRS. Am I crazy or is this something I shouldn't expect from a sump at this price point? Both the ATO and sump are flush against the front of the stand (which is flat, checked with a straight edge). I got out my framing square to make sure I wasn't crazy. You can see the taper in the cutout at the top where it should be even.

o23GB2w.jpg

N8GfFc5.jpg

Got out to Fish2Morow today. It's a great LFS that's well worth checking out if you're in the area. Saw a huge selection of frags and they have one of the best display tanks in DFW. Was so hard not to buy anything...

How many years have I been telling you this ?

Go ahead , add them up ... I'll wait :lol:

That sump definitely seems unacceptable. Now you're making me nervous about the quality of the one I bought, I will have to fully unbox it to check it out. I'd definitely bring it up with BRS.

Ok, well I talked with BRS and they've taken steps to make it right. Ive never had anything but good customer service from BRS and they kept it up this time too.

In other news, progress has slowed on the stand, need to do a couple of more weekend only type things on it like paint the inside and make the doors, this weekend didn't turn out to have time for either, so hopefully will get some time next week. I had wanted to get he tank wet by the end of the year, but dunno if I'll make that.

There's no hurry to get it wet. I feel like this will let me take time to get the painting and staining done right and well. Babysitters between Christmas and NYE should be very helpful too ;)

Saw a Canon 100L macro lens used for a price I couldn't resist. It came in yesterday, delivered to work, forgot to bring it home, so today I remembered to bring it home. Took a couple test pictures "just to make sure it worked" before it gets wrapped and thrown under the tree. So far I'm liking it!

IKtGg8p.jpg

laXKgcs.jpg

UF1uzTq.jpg

Also really loving the photomode feature of the Nanobox Hybrid, the extra light makes for great photos.

So while I wait for time to work on the stand, I need to start compiling a list of fish I will want to add after I get this thing up and running. While there are some larger fish I'd love to add, I'm committed to keeping this aquarium full of smaller fish as I feel putting a 6" fish in a tank even if it's suited for it's size makes the tank seem much smaller. So I'm thinking capping it at 3", maybe a couple just over that. I'm sure Tailes has some ideas of what she wants to see. I'm even toying with the idea of a mated mandarin pair. But I will need much more than that! So please, post up what you think I should add!

Not sure what you have so here's my list

Tailspot Blenny

Pygmy Wrasse

Looks like you have a Citron Goby

Others seem to really like the green banded gobys but not sure how all the gobys get along.

Not sure what you have so here's my list

Tailspot Blenny

Pygmy Wrasse

Looks like you have a Citron Goby

Others seem to really like the green banded gobys but not sure how all the gobys get along.

Those would be cool. Also looking at Green Clown Gobies I don't know how well they mix.

Well the new tank it's self is officially on order, should come in just after the new years. I got doors made for the stand today, just need to put the hinges on.

Are you considering any anthias or wrasses?

Yeah, been thinking of a sixline, a male blue leopard, or a male leopard. Also considering splurging on a blue dot jawfish.

So, I kinda bought all the stuff to run a CO2 scrubber for the new tank. Man I can't wait to get this thing up and running, so many new toys are sitting waiting for the tank to come online. Speaking of toys, I still need to find a dosing reservoir. eBay? Somewhere else? I dunno. Needs to be less than 5" wide to fit in the space, but don't want to spend 200$ on three dosing containers.

Archived