Coral Vue Hydros

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

BRS shipped my order in 3 packages.... Perhaps I ordered too much stuff...

Don't worry, I'm up to around 5 boxes in black Friday from BRS now. And that's without the rock I'm still waiting to go on sale. So you're totally cool to order more.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, I'm up to around 5 boxes in black Friday from BRS now. And that's without the rock I'm still waiting to go on sale. So you're totally cool to order more.

Too late, I snagged a micro ATO. So I guess that'll make my 4th box. Paid for most of that in BRS points too. The first 3 weighed 50 something lbs according to the tracking information. I didn't buy any rock. Hopefully they will put up trigger systems sumps on discount and I can snag one of those. Was hoping to source that locally through alternate channels but not having much luck with that.

Too late, I snagged a micro ATO. So I guess that'll make my 4th box. Paid for most of that in BRS points too. The first 3 weighed 50 something lbs according to the tracking information. I didn't buy any rock. Hopefully they will put up trigger systems sumps on discount and I can snag one of those. Was hoping to source that locally through alternate channels but not having much luck with that.

One of my boxes is the 39 sapphire. I was hoping the same thing, but finally gave in and ordered it regardless. Which one are you looking at?

jedimasterben

Hopefully they will put up trigger systems sumps on discount and I can snag one of those.

They were 10% off from 11/14 to midnight last night, I believe. The ATO reservoirs are still on sale at BRS though.

If it doesn't come through, I have my old Ruby 30 if you want one for cheaper :D

One of my boxes is the 39 sapphire. I was hoping the same thing, but finally gave in and ordered it regardless. Which one are you looking at?

I was looking at the 26 sapphire or emerald. They are the same thing other than color as far as I can tell. It's the biggest that will fit into my stand the way it is designed.

Saving a bunch with BRS's sale is going to cost me a lot of money....

And I still haven't gotten those kickass boots I want. :Grumble:grumble:

So much awesome shopping :)

_13153797.jpg?fit=fill&fm=jpg&dpr=2&h=36

Or these Kat?

819JTD8jy5L._UY695_.jpg

Well with the light done on the 20L, I'm slowly turning my attention back to the stand on the new tank. I've got tons of stuff showing up next week for this thing, so I need to get this thing moving! Made a little progress on it today, but realized I'll need some more lumber so I guess I'll have to wait till Friday to pick that up. Buying lumber in the middle of black Friday should be fun! I still need to select a return pump, it's about the only thing left to pick out. Never done much research on these so really don't know where to go. Head pressure will be about 5' so I know I'm going to need something much beefier than the el cheapo pumps I've been using on the 20L.

jedimasterben
Getting some recommendation on a Jebao DC-6000. Any thoughts?[/quotei have one if you want it. Used it for about a year, then it's sat for a year and a half or so. It is the original DC version, though, not the newer DCT, DCS, or DCP.

get that trigger sump! can't believe I bought mine earlier and missed out on $80 in savings :(

Yeah about to pull the trigger. (Yes, that's a terrible dad pun...)

Seems I need the 34 not the 26 if I'm going to do an animalbean overflow... Luckily it seems that will just barely fit into the stand, so I guess I'll change to that.

Stand is beginning to take shape. Got most of the sides on. Need to get the doors/front made then cut the top and bottom panels and I'll be ready to start painting the inside. I'm going to go with some of the smooth deck over paint in grey as I figure that should last better than anything when it comes to the saltwater. Note: the clamps were just there before I finish nailed it in place, they aren't the only thing holding it on.

sGXD6vZ.jpg

Oh wow, that looks awesome. What shape will the tank be? Definitely a good idea to get that cheep plumbing from brs if you can, the fancy valves are super pricey and really add up. UPS delivered mine yesterday though, and they're definitely much nicer.

Archived