Top Shelf Aquatics

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

Top is finally cut and positioned. It's held in place by wooden dowels at the moment so it can be removed as I'll have to take it off to get it through the front door. Still need to get the black fermica top attached and cut. Weather has warmed up enough we should be able to start painting the inside on Friday. Tank should be in here in about 2 weeks. I'm really excited to get this thing wet!

5w5yikw.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I picked up some more Red Sea Reef energy and going to be adding that into my daily feeding. Still struggling to keep dKH with manual dosing, so really looking forward to getting these BRS dosers hooked up on the new tank. I think more than anything though I'm really looking forward to the ~4X water volume the new setup should have and the stability it will add.

The stand looks great! It's going to look incredible when it's finished and has a tank on it :)

I really like the Red Sea Energy stuff, I've been using it for close to a year, and I really notice a difference when I stop using it. Plus it has that really cool green color when you put it in the tank :D My only complaint is it needs to be refrigerated, so I have to dose it manually.

The stand looks great! It's going to look incredible when it's finished and has a tank on it :)

I really like the Red Sea Energy stuff, I've been using it for close to a year, and I really notice a difference when I stop using it. Plus it has that really cool green color when you put it in the tank :D My only complaint is it needs to be refrigerated, so I have to dose it manually.

Thanks! Can't wait to get it stained cause I know how much that'll make it pop.

I'm not a fan of the have to dose it manually because it has to get refrigerated, mostly because it means I'll forget. I have been seriously toying with the idea of one of these and mounting it in the stand and then running dosing lines to it. The benefit is if I did, I'd be able to dose several times a day as well as dose frozen food slushies and other such.

This should actually be a huge plus to the kids. Feed the tank and dose energy - HEY SEE THE COOL COLORS!!

I'm not a fan of the have to dose it manually because it has to get refrigerated, mostly because it means I'll forget. I have been seriously toying with the idea of one of these and mounting it in the stand and then running dosing lines to it. The benefit is if I did, I'd be able to dose several times a day as well as dose frozen food slushies and other such.

Yeah, I have the same problem, I only dose it about three times a week because I just can't be bothered to do it when I remember.

The wine cooler looks like a nice idea - I've heard of people doing that but I've never actually seen one set up and running.

I think I'm going to cut up some cardboard the size that thing is supposed to be and then plan on leaving a space empty for it incase I decide to go that route. But, it's not on the current to do list until this tank is fully up and transfered.

The less you continuously dose in terms of nutrition the better. At some point import will exceed export. You will get busy and water changes and husbandry might fall behind - with continued addition of nutrients - that is a problem waiting to happen. K.I.S.S.

I think I'd actually be better off dosing as it would let me dial in how much and be consistent. Though I'm working to try to keep water changes to not be a significant part of the nutrient export strategy.

First coat of paint is on the inside. It's a bit darker than the picture shows, but so far I think it's going to look great. I guess I'd better use grey schedule 80 pipe or it's going to really clash with white.

cDbLOCM.jpg

Well, I didn't get as far as I wanted to over the Holiday break as I came down with Norovirus which really wiped me out for a few days, but the fermica top went on. Picture doesn't do it justice, I'm really stoked about how it turned out. Need to get to laminate the edges of the plywood top still, the stuff for that will be here Wednesday. I've got some, just not enough. After that's done, then I should be able to stain the whole thing.

MOi3Q5r.jpg

It will be magnetic, so I say nay.

Well that idea was short lived. The only other idea is bare bottom again on the black stand. Think Tailes wants too many sand sifters to go bare bottom though.

Archived