inTank Media Baskets

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The drain will run as a full siphon which is dead silent

If you went with a DC return , that should be silent as well

Unsure of your skimmer selection (will have to look) I've only owned AC powered skimmers and they have been super quiet

The most likely source of noise will be in the overflow box itself, but as long as you tune it properly you can eliminate that water trickle sound pretty easily.

Sounds good. Maybe I'll skip it then. I suppose I could always add it later if I find it necessary. Oh, and I'm mad at DNA, they still haven't gotten me a quote on the tank. I guess I'll yell at them tomorrow.

She has those robo Bluetooth ears tho

Which she totally takes out at night. You think she hears the kids crying in the middle of the night? Nope, she just feels me kicking her to take care of one of them when it's her turn.

Sounds good. Maybe I'll skip it then. I suppose I could always add it later if I find it necessary. Oh, and I'm mad at DNA, they still haven't gotten me a quote on the tank. I guess I'll yell at them tomorrow.

I guarantee you they have sent in the request and Jeremy (at the warehouse) is dragging his feet as usual . Everyone hates him .

Which she totally takes out at night. You think she hears the kids crying in the middle of the night? Nope, she just feels me kicking her to take care of one of them when it's her turn.

In my defense: they come out of my ears as I sleep. I've tried. I also cannot sleep well. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU ALL FUNCTION SLEEPING WITH THE NOISE!!!

...I sleep with earplugs.

And white noise and air current from the fan.

No to the fan. That would be unwired in a heartbeat LOL

I guarantee you they have sent in the request and Jeremy (at the warehouse) is dragging his feet as usual . Everyone hates him .

When should I start bugging them then? Shame I can't just order straight from the manufacture and take out all the middlemen.

Are you drilling it yourself or having planet drill it ?

I want planet to provide it with the ghost overflow and return bulkheads installed. I know I could probably do it a bit cheaper myself, but would prefer to skip the stress.

When should I start bugging them then? Shame I can't just order straight from the manufacture and take out all the middlemen.

I want planet to provide it with the ghost overflow and return bulkheads installed. I know I could probably do it a bit cheaper myself, but would prefer to skip the stress.

Crystalline 65 correct ?

Are you drilling it yourself or having planet drill it ?

Planet drills it. NOT US. NO. NO. NO.

Or just send me 4 boxes of wine and maybe I'll consider it.

Yes.

Sending a PM

Planet drills it. NOT US. NO. NO. NO.

Or just send me 4 boxes of wine and maybe I'll consider it.

Whiskey makes it easier

So.... when are you coming back out? Could pick up some whiskey!

Probably gonna have to be sooner rather than later to learn someone how to build quiet aquarium

Probably gonna have to be sooner rather than later to learn someone how to build quiet aquarium

So we should totally have you bring E, let the frags play, then get a baby sitter and take an uber to find some good whiskey...

So I'm going to hold off on getting any more corals or fish till after the move, but I've been surfing the interwebs and looking at expanding my ricordea garden from the several blues that I have now. Hrmm what to get, what to get...

Orange rics have always done well for me. My blue ones are like SPS ... spectacular if conditions are right, otherwise just an ok blue.

I'm on a yellow torch kick. The Aussie ones stay compact so you can sit them up above other corals and not worry about a kill zone, at least from my experience. I'm getting one next week, finally, to replace the one I killed.

Missed that you were doing a new build. Looks good so far.

Holding off is tough... I really want to hit the free shipping threshold for the salty critters sale but am trying to cut back.

I. Wish. >:[

But really, just flatten them all so at least they're taking up minimal space and when you go to throw them out, they're already nice and compact :)

EDIT: Or get a cat. It would appreciate the boxes.

Here's a shot of my Black Friday haul :ninja: (115lb Newfoundland for size reference)

Orange rics have always done well for me. My blue ones are like SPS ... spectacular if conditions are right, otherwise just an ok blue.

I'm on a yellow torch kick. The Aussie ones stay compact so you can sit them up above other corals and not worry about a kill zone, at least from my experience. I'm getting one next week, finally, to replace the one I killed.

I think one of my biggest problems is to stay away from more stinging coral and flat encrusters. I really like them, but the density obtainable with them isn't nearly as much as you can get with SPS which can grow all over each other.

Missed that you were doing a new build. Looks good so far.

Holding off is tough... I really want to hit the free shipping threshold for the salty critters sale but am trying to cut back.

Thanks! Yeah, when you say your not going to buy anything for a bit it seems like more stuff suddenly pops up that you want.

EDIT: Or get a cat. It would appreciate the boxes.

The kids seem to be enjoying them so far.

I used a yoga mat under my sump and under the tank. I have a silicone trivet under my DC pump.

Haven't figured out what I'm going to use under the sump. Wasn't planning on using anything under the glass tank.
jedimasterben

I used a yoga mat under my sump and under the tank. I have a silicone trivet under my DC pump.

The pump also has rubber feet too :P

Archived