Pod Your Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

Are there any good, unbiased, reviews of the red sea reefer nano out there? I'm slightly tempted on a second tank....

They have one on display at DNA , seems like a really nice setup. My only complaint was the small ATO

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have one on display at DNA , seems like a really nice setup. My only complaint was the small ATO

Yeah, I went by and saw one there yesterday, that's what got me thinking!

Are there any good, unbiased, reviews of the red sea reefer nano out there? I'm slightly tempted on a second tank....

it's made very well

Sump and ATO is teeny but it's the perfect place to hide extra equipment.

It would also fit into that alcove near the stairs rather well....

Bonus! If you get it now and fit it up, I could help you move shit over..... :)

Y U no come visit me? :P

I need to get over to southlake sometime soon. Going out of town today or I might have done it today.

it's made very well

Sump and ATO is teeny but it's the perfect place to hide extra equipment.

It would also fit into that alcove near the stairs rather well....

Bonus! If you get it now and fit it up, I could help you move shit over..... :)

If I did it, it would be a second tank, something setup at work.
  • 4 weeks later...

Well still no second tank in sight, but I haven't taken this one down either so that's something right? I did a water change today too.

IsO5S3l.jpg

Well the Stars managed to finally do away with the wild today. Was getting really nervous at the end of that game, was afraid it would be a repeat of Friday night for a second.

• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

slinky-fail-o.gif

Well two week streak was broken due to preparing for a surprise out of town trip. Nothing like finding out about travel at literally 4:50 on a Friday. Back on the horse this weekend with another water change hopefully. Might even pick up a couple new crustaceans this weekend.

Odd thing about this hobby, seeing people excited to be getting crabs :D

I seem to recall some pretty interesting quotes from metro about crabs...

• 2 weeks later...

Stars are out of the playoffs, oh well. Actually did a water change last weekend. Things seem to be surviving, bought a blue knuckle crab and a couple emeralds to try to help with some GHA that had been creeping up in the main tank. Haven't added any corals in a while. May try to get a water change in this weekend, but it's looking to be a pretty packed weekend so we will just have to wait and see.

Are you guys free for dinner Saturday June 11?

To my knowledge we are. There's an outside chance I could be out of town part of that week before, but no reason I shouldn't be in town that day.

• 1 month later...

Wow, holy thread bump batman! The lights are a pair of 2x24" ATI T5HO bulbs in fishneed it fixtures, I'd have to go back and look what the current arrangement of bulbs is.

And since you thread bumped, I suppose I have to publish a quick FTS. Haven't had any loss in the past couple of months, everything is showing slow growth, been really getting dedicated to the once a week water changes. However, still having issue with this algae. Dunno what to do about it. A few years ago I tossed a couple blue tuxedos in the tank and they seemed to eat it all, however the one I have doesn't seem to be doing much. Maybe I should pick up a second.

9kdDt7L.jpg

Eh, I broke the two tallest spires of the purple stylophora on Monday when I did a water change. Kinda upset at my self over that. Oh well, it's spread out pretty well, so I'm sure it'll sprout more.

Think I'm gonna go with t5s for my 20L hopefully I can replicate some of your success.Btw it's only a matter of time before your tank returns to its former glory and you still have those awesome

Archived