ReefCleaners.org

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Anyone try out the Reefshops RS-100? I'm thinking about moving the tank to a stand which would require some major changes to the sump.

It's just a really basic sump design. Seems like the water level is really low, which is good for housing skimmers and not having to raise them up, but I like my return sections to be a bit bigger. Then again, your tank is half the size of mine, and a quarter the size of my previous, so you probably don't need one to be any larger :lol:

It's just a really basic sump design. Seems like the water level is really low, which is good for housing skimmers and not having to raise them up, but I like my return sections to be a bit bigger. Then again, your tank is half the size of mine, and a quarter the size of my previous, so you probably don't need one to be any larger :lol:

So what should I be looking at instead? I want something nice, I think Kat has talked me into keeping a fuge section, but above all, I need something quite. My glass overflow box is dead quite, and I'm not going to change that piece when I move to a sump, so herbies type overflows aren't an option. So I need a single input and I like the looks of what eshopps did with their filter sock section, it seems smart and like it should be quiet. What should I be looking at?

jedimasterben

So what should I be looking at instead? I want something nice, I think Kat has talked me into keeping a fuge section, but above all, I need something quite. My glass overflow box is dead quite, and I'm not going to change that piece when I move to a sump, so herbies type overflows aren't an option. So I need a single input and I like the looks of what eshopps did with their filter sock section, it seems smart and like it should be quiet. What should I be looking at?

There really isn't anything wrong with it, I was just saying that it was really basic, which sometimes is the best design :D

If a sump had more than one 'input', it wouldn't really matter, you could still use it with a single drain. That's if you found something that you liked better otherwise. I like my Trigger Systems sump, wish it was a fudge bigger because I'd rather have a large fuge than a small one so I could make it look nicer :)

jedimasterben

A return pump is the easy part, with a single drain you want to keep flow really low to keep it quiet. Depending on how tall your stand will be, the DCT-4000 would be good. They're ultra quiet, inexpensive, and sip power.

I'm pretty sure the stand will be the simplest part for you, you seem to have woodworking down pat lol

Yeah, I just need to sit down and figure out what I want to do with the stand. I'll likely build that first and then procure the rest of the stuff once it's done, but now that I've got components I can figure out what I want to do with the stand and start working on it.

Well, not now, it'll have to be tomorrow, but close enough. :)

Tank looks great Veng! :wub:

When you gonna come visit meh at Elos? :P

I give u special discount.

I'm probably going today , if you're open . Been twice already and no Maria :(

Tank looks great Veng! :wub:

When you gonna come visit meh at Elos? :P

I give u special discount.

I didn't know about Elos! I dunno when I'll get out there, but I'll try to now!

• 3 weeks later...

New camera, new lens has been inspiring me to take more pictures lately.

Sj3sK3p.jpg

YvCrOVQ.jpg

betBnE6.jpg

BTW, there is an Urchin in the first picture, can you find it? And yes, I know there's an aptasia too :tears:

jedimasterben

35 f/2 IS. Didn't get it to be a tank lens, but it works well enough. :)

:lol:

I need to get a shorter lens. The nifty fifty is great, but on my T2i it's a bit too long.

:lol:

I need to get a shorter lens. The nifty fifty is great, but on my T2i it's a bit too long.

The 24 and 40 pancakes are solid lenses and both pretty affordable.

jedimasterben

The 24 and 40 pancakes are solid lenses and both pretty affordable.

I actually have had both of those in my cart on the Canon refurb site for a couple of weeks now, just haven't pulled the trigger! I did just pull the trigger on buying a new GPU and some hard drives, so they may have to wait :D

I actually have had both of those in my cart on the Canon refurb site for a couple of weeks now, just haven't pulled the trigger! I did just pull the trigger on buying a new GPU and some hard drives, so they may have to wait :D

Shame you missed the coupon stacking thing that happened last weekend. That's what convinced me to pull the trigger on the 35 f/2 IS and a 7d ii to go with it.

jedimasterben

Shame you missed the coupon stacking thing that happened last weekend. That's what convinced me to pull the trigger on the 35 f/2 IS and a 7d ii to go with it.

Well, damn!

Archived