Pod Your Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr.Brain Coral

I think it is to early too tell. My nephew Tomas started out looking nothing like my sisters husband but now he looks just like his dad

I think it is to early too tell. My nephew Tomas started out looking nothing like my sisters husband but now he looks just like his dad

My nephew looked like somebody elses kid for a while. If I wasn't right there in the delivery room with his mum when he was born I would have yelled at them for a baby switch. I also followed the baby all the way from the delivery room to the room next door where they cleaned him up put on a hospital band, took foot prints and all that. Just in case there was a baby switch. My grandmother put the dfear of God in me, said I couldn't let the baby out of my sight till he was tagged. :mellow:

My niece looked like me from the moment she was born. So I didn't have to follow her around the hospital. They must have tagged me as a crazy stalker aunt.

Well baby frag looks a little like his grandfather (Veng's dad) and Veng and Baby Tang. Where am I in all this?? Did I not carry 2 bebes? They didn't get my good looks? :tears:

• 4 weeks later...

So I did a water change yesterday, first time in about 2 months. Tank's surviving despite my neglect! Trying to make changes so it'll be easier for me to do a 5-6 gallon water change every 3-4 weeks.

srQdhTQh.jpg

4xDtLsPh.jpg

8uBd57rh.jpg

Also, Obligatory Puppy and Fraglet taxes:

UNFUlWkh.jpg

woJ1IDAh.jpg

I really like how that one frag is growing up the overflow and the green star polyps are crawling up the glass. I tried to do that once and it failed. I want to try again.

I really like how that one frag is growing up the overflow and the green star polyps are crawling up the glass. I tried to do that once and it failed. I want to try again.

I'd just say do it with caution. The GSP is fully wrapped from the overflow, across the left side, and is now several inches on the front. This is after me completely scraping the left wall... twice. It's jumping from the rear wall to the rock work, at the back (can't see in the pictures), it's also growing UNDER the overflow and will soon join up with the friend on the right side.

I'm happy with how it's turned out, don't get me wrong, but that's only because I'm ok with it taking over most of the tank. If you're not ok with that, then you'll be sorry later. The good news is it's fairly easy to scrape off the glass. Much easier than getting it off rocks. :)

So woke up to the alarm going off on my tank in the middle of night last night, go downstairs to find water all over the floor, water on the outside of the tank and on the counter top. I started freaking out a little bit, but turns out it was just a snail that had decided it would be best if it covered the end of the return loc-line and thus spray water everywhere... :angry:

Glad it was a naughty snail and nothing else. Beating stick is in order.

I was wondering if I was going to have to call you to come pick up everything and put it in your tank today before I found the snail...

Quicker would be to dump the water from the ATO tub and put everything in there

Glad it was a naughty snail and nothing else. Beating stick is in order.

Quicker would be to dump the water from the ATO tub and put everything in there

Yeah, if I either of the fraglets ever manages to break the tank, the plan would be to put the coral in the sump and mix whatever water I've got in the ATO into salt. But from there, I'd need to re-home it within a couple of days. I know JBB's large tank is still up and mostly empty, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Especially as I'm sure that there would be lots of "accidental frags" that he'd just have to keep.

Shame I don't have anywhere to put this.... Oh well, time to upgrade, the fraglets don't really need to go to college!

012715-078a.jpg

Archived