Cultivated Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tank isn't actually dead, I didn't take it down. I did however lose nearly all the SPS in the tank. Just didn't have the energy/time to keep up with it. Wish I could have, but family came first. I need to get a new FTS shot up, but too tired. Also a little afraid because i'm going to take a vacation here in a couple of weeks, and vacations have historically been very bad for the tank. So I'll probably wait till after the vacation to post the next FTS.

The tank isn't actually dead, I didn't take it down. I did however lose nearly all the SPS in the tank. Just didn't have the energy/time to keep up with it. Wish I could have, but family came first. I need to get a new FTS shot up, but too tired. Also a little afraid because i'm going to take a vacation here in a couple of weeks, and vacations have historically been very bad for the tank. So I'll probably wait till after the vacation to post the next FTS.

Veng, do a large water change before you leave, feed the fish the day you are leaving and no auto feeding while you are away. If it's going to be crazy hot just have a pedestal fan blowing at the tank from the general area. There will be evap but that ATO tub is big enough to top off.

Did about a 85% water change today in preparation for this trip. Removed about 2 sq feet of GSP from my side and front walls. Removed a lot of coraline from the front, I can actually see inside the tank again!

FTS, click for full res

1t1FJX3.jpg

Edit - oh you trimmed it. Sorry didn't read.

:lol: Yeah, something about GSP blood in the water pisses it off for a little while. No matter.

Clown fish are still spawning, mandarin is trucking along, clown goby is doing it's thing.

Excellent, nice to see a picture. It's still running and what's in there looks happy!

Thanks! Yeah, I lost most of the SPS when I was neglecting the tank, but the LPS and softies refuse to die.

The fraglets both decided to nap at the same time for a change, so I managed to sneak in a few hand held shots with the macro lens.

Eg3K068h.jpg

5xEPnQGh.jpg

PImzxwah.jpg

gYidjE4h.jpg

The fraglets both decided to nap at the same time for a change, so I managed to sneak in a few hand held shots with the macro lens.

Eg3K068h.jpg

5xEPnQGh.jpg

PImzxwah.jpg

gYidjE4h.jpg

Oh so you let your tank go and neglected it but yet it looks better then 90% of the tanks on here.

I sure wish I has your luck lol

Oh so you let your tank go and neglected it but yet it looks better then 90% of the tanks on here.

I sure wish I has your luck lol

Here's a picture of the SPS that I lost due to my neglect.

srQdhTQh.jpg

Archived