• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Crumb Crust:

8 oz finely ground graham crackers

1 stick unsalted butter (melted)

1/2 C sugar

1/4 tsp salt

Stir together and press to the bottom and side of pan (stay roughly 1" short from the top).

Filling:

(5) 8 oz cream cheese packages (softened)

1 3/4 C sugar

3 tbsp flour

1 tsp finely grated lemon zest

1 tsp finely grated orange zest

1/2 tsp vanilla

5 large eggs

2 large egg yolks

Preheat oven to 550*. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and zest together until smooth. Add the vanilla. Then add the eggs & yolk (one at a time) until completely mixed. Pour into your crust and bake on a jelly roll pan for 12 minutes (until the top is puffed).

Reduce your temp to 200* and bake until mostly firm (approx. an hour). The center should be slightly wobbly when gently shaken.

When done, run a knife around the edge and let it cool and then chill in the freezer for 6 hours.

Try not to eat it all in one sitting.

just want to say I made cheesecake as a desert for thanksgiving per your recipe here.. freaking delicious. the subtle citrus notes, the rich cheesecake flavor, amazing.. I'll be keeping this recipe :)

I think I could've done better on the crust though, it was really hard, had a great flavor but it was too hard. what did I do wrong? too much butter?

Dr.Brain Coral

I made for our family reunion and it was amazing. I couldn't get it to set properly though. But it was still amazing. It was very refreshing with the citrus.

just want to say I made cheesecake as a desert for thanksgiving per your recipe here.. freaking delicious. the subtle citrus notes, the rich cheesecake flavor, amazing.. I'll be keeping this recipe :)

I think I could've done better on the crust though, it was really hard, had a great flavor but it was too hard. what did I do wrong? too much butter?

Thank you!! No, I think you have the same issue I have. Too much crust in general. I'm still learning how to make the graham cracker crust thinner so I think that will help.

I made for our family reunion and it was amazing. I couldn't get it to set properly though. But it was still amazing. It was very refreshing with the citrus.

Thank you! Did you bake it long enough? The middle is supposed to slightly jiggle when the top is done. It only stops jiggling when refrigerated to set.

jedimasterben

I liked that pic so that I could unlike it. Blech. I'm cool with bristleworms, but that's just obscene!

I killed a wiggly nasty off of a G. stokesi I got today. Good riddance.

IMG_20141213_185839743.jpg

So, I pulled some bristle worms out of the tank tonight. Probably about 50+ in this shot, the longest is probably about 18"+ when fully extended.

kywyW2vh.jpg

Wow. You getting rid of them?

The blue one's are interesting

Picked and pulled some more out, not sure I feel like I've even made a dent.

Oh, and if you didn't before, you should really click that picture above and view the high res version of it.

jedimasterben

If you really want to make a killing on them that won't really hurt anything besides copepods, dip the rocks in freshwater for like 10 seconds, making sure to swish it around. Kills the bitches D-E-D, dead.

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

jedimasterben

I see. :(

If you ever feel like your cajones are big enough, you could drain your tank halfway, fill that half with RO/DI very quickly, swish it around, then drain it back out and bring the salinity back up.

I'm also seeing some people having luck baiting some panty hose, their bristles seem to get caught up in it.

Archived