Cultivated Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah just not sure how it would be best to use a hand plane for that sort of thing. If you have any ideas let me know. I am moving this week and will be building a new tank soon. Probably fresh water, but it is going to be acrylic.

And so far as the heater holder the only benefit I can see is it would keep the heater off the acrylic for the most part.

Yeah just not sure how it would be best to use a hand plane for that sort of thing. If you have any ideas let me know. I am moving this week and will be building a new tank soon. Probably fresh water, but it is going to be acrylic.

Just to clean up the cut with, not to make the cut. You'll get a single shaving for the whole length and end up with a perfectly flat edge. Grab a piece of scrap and a hand plane and work on it for a minute, you'll understand what I mean. I was a little surprised how well it worked the first time I tried it.

Yeah I was meaning clean the whole edge with it not actually cut it. I already have the stuff cut to size. I am just a little leery of trying it on an 8 foot section...
I will try it on a scrap bit first. I guess the first part of this project will be putting a wicked edge on my larger hand plane.

So in tank news, we lost the Mandy. Found him on top of the overflow box cover of all places. Looks like he managed to jump up there somehow and then couldn't make his way back into the water. He was pretty dried out, not sure if he'd been here a day or two or if it was just a matter of being directly under the lights. We'd had the mandy for about 15 months. :(

Yeah, so weird that she managed to get on top of the overflow box and couldn't get back down. Though, she was on her belly not side, really weird regardless. Never seen her even hit the surface of the water before, so really surprised she jumped.

Maybe a puppy picture will help.....

I do owe pictures... I promised to get them after I got back from the trip last week, but I didn't deliver. I'll try to squeeze some out this week.

But of course. So which one of you did she inherit these daredevil genes from?

I think she got some of it from both of us, but if you had to pick one, pretty sure I'm to blame. I can remember a time when I was I dunno, 12? Being 100 feet up the side of a sheer cliff and looking down and thinking,"oh wow if I were to fall, that'd be really bad, I probably shouldn't be doing this..."

So why is Max always sleeping?

Or does he think that's his best angle?

Dogs love to sleep. Besides, when we're out playing, I'm generally playing not holding a camera. ;)
Dr.Brain Coral

I like when I go to Watkins Glenn Gorge and lean out over the side to freak out my mom haha

I am not as bad as my brother though. There is a picture his wife took of him doing a hand stand on a cliff haha

So I finally got around to taking some snapshots... These are right after the lights came on, so GSP isn't open yet. It's like the tank before it's put on it's make up, :lol:

Odbe5k7h.jpg

i8cic9yh.jpg

zCQKBC5h.jpg

GS3ecS7h.jpg

Archived