Pod Your Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as I hinted at earlier, I did remove the center "bridge" rock that never really acted like a bridge. I think it gives the tank a much deeper and taller look. I'm really happy with it and excited about the new room for more corals in different spaces that weren't open before. I'm also really glad I can finally show off the war coral that's been hiding on the top/back of that rock that I could never get a good picture of. As always, click to zoom!

quuIA9Z.jpg

BWjSnLi.jpg

Looks good, though I'm a negative for negative space ... needs to be filled! :D Looks better than before, and nice to see the epoxy seems to have worked well.

• 1 month later...

Well, so far the epoxy has killed most of the GSP. There's a few places that needs a touch up. Didn't have much time this weekend but did get another water change in. No pictures today, maybe next week. Ordered a clean up crew, don't think I've bought snails or small hermits in a couple of years........... Time to get this tank back on track again!

Yeah, I really do. Hoping work calms down soon so I'll have more time to mess with the tank and maybe the kids too....

January is over, you mentioned January was a busy busy time for you. I didn't make it in to Dallas but I'm there Last weekend of March and this time maybe I'll rent a car and spend time at home with y'all. I haven't seen the kids in a very long time.

Unless you both appreciate the time off and prefer to go out, I'm cool with that too.

January is over, you mentioned January was a busy busy time for you. I didn't make it in to Dallas but I'm there Last weekend of March and this time maybe I'll rent a car and spend time at home with y'all. I haven't seen the kids in a very long time.

Unless you both appreciate the time off and prefer to go out, I'm cool with that too.

That sounds great. I'll make sure to make the time as long as I'm in town. Work hasn't let up like I had hoped, but hopefully in a week or two we'll get some stuff out the door and we will come back to sane work weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Any tricks to growing the Green start polyps on the back plastic or glass ( plastic in my case). LOVE that look.

Super glue a mat on there and pray it doesn't take hold? I've been cleaning the GSP out of my tank, it's alright on the back wall, but it does make the tank look more shallow front to back as a result. If it takes off, it's a constant battle to keep it off the rocks and other things that you want to keep. There's a decent amount of stuff it can out compete. That said, it is pretty.

So, another couple of weeks and another promise to get this tank back in shape. Work is still crazy, but I did take a second to snap a couple of hand held macros. Maybe sometime in March things will calm down enough I can pull out the tripod and do a good macro photo session.

zTIfifm.jpg

nPh9Cgu.jpg

Qb1mral.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Work is starting to come back to sanity again, so I managed to get in a water change today and a couple of pictures. This is 3 years of good times and bad between these. I tried to scale them so they are approximately the same size.

dhgeqFO.jpg

In the 3 year old photo I had actually proped this guy up with a frag plug so you couldn't tell it was only a 1/4" thick, :lol:

VU59fcF.jpg

QMvhEDR.jpg

Archived