Pod Your Reef

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

Deleted User 4

Hot snakes are venomous snakes a blue ring octo won't go out of its way to bite you a snake will and if I were ever to do it I'd take every precaution I could maybe even a tank inside a tank

I've never heard of a hot snake haha. I'll go check that out on youtube.

....just checked...listed are a bunch of bands...lol, I don't see any venomous snake you're talking about.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot snakes are venomous snakes a blue ring octo won't go out of its way to bite you a snake will and if I were ever to do it I'd take every precaution I could maybe even a tank inside a tank

bro its not worth it.. fuhk it. buy a lion. you will be just as much in danger.... there not that cool. mimics are beteer. they wont kill you in 30 seconds....

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

bro its not worth it.. fuhk it. buy a lion. you will be just as much in danger.... there not that cool. mimics are beteer. they wont kill you in 30 seconds....

He's got a huge point.

Save me one too...that depends how much it is....really lol.

That's awesome dude! You guys make me want a nem haha. When I get a manta ill have one. Evan you should save me one of those speckled rbtas

i will guys.. i going to get in the next shipment so its cheap shipping lmao 10$ and the nems are 60$ a pop

guys my one new nem is losing it bubbles? what do i do. its walked all the way to the top of the container and is like streching? its dark the lights are off. so im bummed... i hope he dont lose his bubbles. the other one is all bubbled up supper super tight. they get fed some reef munchies once a day. 2x pellets

their 8" under a 150W hqi 20k at 2 months old.... it cant be light

He's got a huge point.

kids man... idk why they want this stuff....

ever hear the story of the previous owner of DTF and the black reef tip shark lmao

I'm not saying I'll do it but I'd consider it what I would do is make a second smaller tank where I feed the octo and if I needed to do any work in the main tank I'd put food in the mini tank and trap him there

Deleted User 4

i will guys.. i going to get in the next shipment so its cheap shipping lmao 10$ and the nems are 60$ a pop

guys my one new nem is losing it bubbles? what do i do. its walked all the way to the top of the container and is like streching? its dark the lights are off. so im bummed... i hope he dont lose his bubbles. the other one is all bubbled up supper super tight. they get fed some reef munchies once a day. 2x pellets

their 8" under a 150W hqi 20k at 2 months old.... it cant be light

kids man... idk why they want this stuff....

ever hear the story of the previous owner of DTF and the black reef tip shark lmao

Lol, I think lights are wayy too strong for the new nems....I mean metal halides is totally different from leds back at that store lol.

• Like 1

I'm not saying I'll do it but I'd consider it what I would do is make a second smaller tank where I feed the octo and if I needed to do any work in the main tank I'd put food in the mini tank and trap him there

thats smart. their scary man. they r if you ever seen one. one so small can hurt and kill so fast.

buy the time you finished reading this you already died by getting bit

Lol, I think lights are wayy too strong for the new nems....I mean metal halides is totally different from leds back at that store lol.

should i drop them down to the bottom. their is no top and i dont want them running out the cup :/

Deleted User 4

thats smart. their scary man. they r if you ever seen one. one so small can hurt and kill so fast.

buy the time you finished reading this you already died by getting bit

should i drop them down to the bottom. their is no top and i dont want them running out the cup :/

Lol. You should have the mh hanged higher. And yeah push them back down.

The tank and Coral look really good I can't wait to see this tank start to grow btw some of my sps started losing tissue :(

Damn that sucks man, how many of them? This is why im not rushing to get into sps lol.

F*** that... As cool and intriguing as they are i would not want something that close to me that could take my life away faster than i could call for help.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4
Damn that sucks man, how many of them? This is why im not rushing to get into sps lol.

F*** that... As cool and intriguing as they are i would not want something that close to me that could take my life away faster than i could call for help.

Hey tris, let me know when you find some more bta's at great prices :)

Lol. You should have the mh hanged higher. And yeah push them back down.

I agree, sometimes btas just lose there bubbles and there is nothing you can do.

Hey tris, let me know when you find some more bta's at great prices :)

Ha ha i will man, ill keep a lookout.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Thanks man. :)

Honestly, I'm going to find a way for bta's to keep their bubbles haha. There's got to be a way, maybe lower salinity or higher salinity, or feed everyday who knows haha.

I thought that they kept there bubbles under high lighting, but i read somewhere that sometimes they unexplainably lose them. With my rbta in my last tank it never stayed completely "bubbly" it would have bulbs near the mouth but they would be long after that. Personally i think my clown liked it more when the tentacles where longer haha.

Deleted User 4

Well from what I heard, bubble tip anemones tend to keep their bubbles at all times when they're fed really well, everyday ....And they extend their tentacles to long when they're hungry.

From vivid aquaria and steelo on youtUbe.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, once a week isn't enough for the anemone to retain its bubble features.

That's why a lot of bubble tips owners end up getting no bubbles.

Deleted User 4

It's a good thing you got "Julian's thing" haha

Of course haha, I don't think I would have fun everyday feeding my nems with a turkey baster..... Lol

The millipora has lost almost all tissue and the other 2 acros are bleaching

Do you think it's a water quality issue or a light acclimation issue

It's probably water quality if it was light my montiporas would be effected but I tested the calcium and ak last Thursday and everything was fine and I don't think it's no3 or phosphate being that I do weekly water changes and have no fish

Edit it might be because my mini red carpet aneomone died and was in the filter sock I have no idea how it got there I have a strainer on my overflow

A decomposing nem could definitely do it, I would do another water change just to make sure everything is in check.

I'm going to tomorrow right now I'm waiting on the R/O but I did add some carbon which should help

Archived