inTank Media Baskets

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up for an "aquaticlog" account, its a pretty cool site. The main reason i signed up is it allows me to see exactly when i added things as well as chart out my measurements. Plus i get a cool thing in my signature haha.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Give me the link please. I don't think I want to sign up. I don't do any kind of water tests on either tanks I have for the past 3-4 yrs haha.

Deleted User 4

Ha ha, its all good. http://www.aquaticlog.com/?page=home

How the hell do you not ever test your water?

I just do water changes religiously. I know when the tank is getting no good just by looking at it and the filter floss. It's been successful for me the past yrs when I had corals haha. Don't want to try it on sps though haha.

I do religious water changes too, i just like the comfort of knowing exactly what my params are. What about salinity, do you test for that?

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I do religious water changes too, i just like the comfort of knowing exactly what my params are. What about salinity, do you test for that?

Lol hardly. I know how to add the right amounts of saltwater/ freshwater when I do water changes. When I started the saltwater hobby, I tested the salinity all the time but I'd say about a few months after, I really got to understand how the salinity levels worked without it.

I use to work at Angel Aquarium in Rowland Heights, ca and they never tested their water haha. So that habit got incorporated into my mind haha. It was definitely a great product to sell in the store though ahha.

Deleted User 4

Ha ha, well to each their own right. You clearly know how to keep a tank :)

Hahah, you'll get it soon. For nano that is, if I had a large tank....I wouldn't be able to sustain a healthy one without testing haha.

I have the hannah phosphate checker and i love it, just wish it came with more reagents because i only have one left haha

How much do replacements cost? And how's the tank doing did those zoanthids open up yet?

The reagents aren't expensive at all, maybe 15 for 4x as much as it came with. The zoas i started with never opened up, changed location, dipped them, i tried everything. The 6 new zoa frags i have now are all doing great though, so im not sure what was up with those first ones.

The reagents aren't expensive at all, maybe 15 for 4x as much as it came with. The zoas i started with never opened up, changed location, dipped them, i tried everything. The 6 new zoa frags i have now are all doing great though, so im not sure what was up with those first ones.

Some just don't seem to make it for some reason it's weird but I'm glad everything else is doing good

Gunna dump a bunch of photos, finally got a hold of my girlfriends dslr and was able to take some half decent shots. There are some similar ones but ill post em all up anyways. My greatest acheivment was being able to take pics of pete (true perc) as he never is still enough to do so. Here we go. Sidenote, photobucket really made the pics look bad so just imagine they looked clearer haha.

IMG_5474_zps4db771e5.jpg

IMG_5475_zps5174d3a8.jpg

IMG_5476_zpsa2fbd165.jpg

IMG_5478_zps29893cbf.jpg

IMG_5479_zps763221ad.jpg

IMG_5483_zps3d25d075.jpg

IMG_5484_zps8b5321a0.jpg

IMG_5490_zps37110ec2.jpg

IMG_5492_zps4e4c8886.jpg

IMG_5494_zps3227f2c8.jpg

IMG_5495_zps47ce79d1.jpg

IMG_5498_zps82d5d97b.jpg

IMG_5499_zps517912ec.jpg

• Like 2
Deleted User 4

Nice true perc ahah!

And the dslr works really well with those shots.

Hey you should try to bid on some corals off on ebay. Sometimes, the auctions are as low to the extent where it beats market price.

Archived