Pod Your Reef

Tristan got his PicO

TristanC

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Ha ha ha yah yah, i know you had a killer acan collection. Once i get the manta up and running i can start stocking the tank up.

Hey if you're sneaky enough, try to get these acans as low price possible.

I was able to attain all these acans at $20 each including the shipping costs.

Basically, I won the auctions all at $5-15 a piece and with combined shipping costs of $29 plus each additional coral $2-3, it averaged all my acans to each being at only $20 or less that I paid for including the shipping costs.

Like this, I bought 10-12 acans each time from him, so it was literally $180 to 220 for all 10-12 acans haha including shipping costs of $50. Something like that, meaning $150 ish were spent for the 10-12 acans. And I resold all my acans for $35+ for $15+ profit. I did sell 3-5 acans at $20 back then though because those ones weren't as colorful to sell reasonably.

I think I made like $200 or more off from all the acans I've sold in the past altogether.

Deleted User 4

What I really want is some rainbows. But they can be pricey lol

Lol, I was lucky enough to get that rainbow acan mini colony for only $20 including shipping. You could do the same. Just keep an eye out from that seller. :)

He's probably waiting on his manta ray 18.............Lolol

Won't it take a month or so?

It's kinda sad to see a tank go this early I know I'm keeping my 7.5 until I have no room left

Deleted User 4

It's kinda sad to see a tank go this early I know I'm keeping my 7.5 until I have no room left

Lololol This is what happens when you get a better quality tank. (PicO makes better tanks in quality than Mr.Aqua)

How's the tank?

Tanks doing good, still trying to figure out my zoa problems. My candy apple reds dont want to open up and neither do my lord of the rings... Red hornets and fire and ice dont ever close lol.

He's probably waiting on his manta ray 18.............Lolol

Won't it take a month or so?

Ha ha ive been busy with work and life, the mantas build time was 3-4 weeks so yeah ive got some more waiting to do.

Ive been wanting a manta since right before he closed up shop a year ago, so when he messaged me back saying he would make me a tank before he opens up i was all over it.

The other day i thought i saw white spots on my clown goby, so i freaked out and bought some cupramine and started setting up my qt tank. Ive been watching the tank and i havent seen anything on either of the fish, both eat happily so im thinking the goby might have just had some sand on him and i over reacted. But to be safe i have a qt tank ready and waiting if ich pops up in the tank.

• Like 1

I did a water change today and dipped the zoas that arent opening in lugols. Im hoping for the best but its not looking good for some of them. I really dont get it, acans are doing great, but the zoas are looking like shit all the time... Little bit of a bummer.

In my last tank zoas would grow like crazy, to the point where they almost took over the entire bottom of the rockwork. This tank they dont even like to open...

I had an amphipod problem but after adding the clown goby their population has decreased dramatically. Hermits have been banished the the fuge so i can see if they were the problem but so far nothings changed.

Set up my hospital tank today, looks like Pete and Lester have a mild case of ich. It's a good thing I had almost everything to set it up laying around. By the time they come out of their temp home the manta should be here and running.

I was trying to see how other people did the cupramine medication but no responses yet. I found a few post on some other forums so i think i know what im doing. The good news is both fish are acting like normal so i know its not super bad quite yet, and pete only has a few spots. The goby on the other hand is almost covered in them.. Im sure they will be fine and its totally my fault for not qt'ing anything, i guess i learned my lesson haha. Hows the bubble tank?

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Hmm one of the nems in the ada isn't doing too well. Think it'll die off completely in no time. But it's all good, $20 isn't really a loss haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick little update, pete and lester are looking 100% better in the hospital tank. Looks like the treatment is over on wednesday but i will be leaving the tank fallow for the whole 6 weeks to ensure the ich is wiped out. Acans are doing good, but the zoas still look super shitty... I am expecting my PicO order to be shipped soon and i also have an RKL on the way so it should be pretty exciting when the tank gets here.

• Like 1

Archived