REEFMASTER's Breaking down, leaving hobby for a while

Reefmaster1996

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996

Update:

Well so far so good, got some work done on the 220 the last couple days, I sanded off all the visible coralline algae off the overflows, and cleaned it up a bit( just need to reseal it, clean off remaining coraline with muratic acid, and paint trims and it'll be gone). I also completely resurfaced the sump, it just needs some muratic acid to remove the coraline on the inside and it'll be ready to sell.

On another note unfortunately the new part of the house were the 50 will go, won't be done until late August. I haven't done much to it for this reason. It's ready to be drilled and resealed so that I can plumb the system and buy some electronics. Slow and steady wins the race.

Also all my live stock is doing great in the 20 long, and my black leopard wrasse is a little beast that loves to eat and swim. The LFS I work at got a couple more last week but none of them made it, so I guess mines a trooper.

• 3 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

Been busy with other projects, but I will be back on track soon, ready to start ordering the pumps and plumbing soon.

Reefmaster1996

Got all my remaining plumbing parts from homedepot today (orderd some from brs a while back too or at least 97% of it). Bought a nice mp 10 too from austinp. Been busy with work and school starting, but I'm going to see if I can get some work done on the 220 and cube tommorrow and after school. Maybe I'll have a new fts and plumbing shot soon. ;)

Reefmaster1996

Working on tank again this weekend. Pics coming soon along with the big update. Plumbing is about 40% done and the remaining 60% is easy, you'll see what I mean. I have a neat plumbing trick that will put this build on a whole new level. Stay tuned. I am soooooo sorry so far for the lack of pics but its mostly because I have had nothing worth showing so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

Ordered a reef octopus pro open volute dc skimmer today at work, odered it wholesale and the total with shipping ended up bieng 430$ instead of the 539$ retail, also my vertex zeovit reactor came in last week, working on tank this weekend, was drilling back wall but I got a dud of a drill bit so the new one arrives Monday, updates coming tomm.

• 2 weeks later...

your sump looks like a candy cane!!! lol..

where's the water you promised????

very clean build so far.. I was going to go cube, but plans changed..

Reefmaster1996

It's Christmas In a sump, and the water is soon to come in the form of a water test as soon as some more goodies arrive.(this weekend)

Reefmaster1996

Tested the skimmer in fresh water, no bubbles off course, but the pumps is so silent, I couldn't tell it was on in a silent room with nothing else turned on. The reason why I haven't done a running water test is because I had a couple of crappy bulkheads with damaged threads and because I have to modify/cut the glass panel for my overflow, but I should be able to do that after the water test and install it this weekend. Bulkheads are on the way form bulk reef supply and will be here either tomorrow or Thursday. Pic Updates coming soon!

Archived