Innovative Marine Aquariums

REEFMASTER's Breaking down, leaving hobby for a while

Reefmaster1996

Reefmaster1996

Been busy lately but updates coming ASAP, tank is going to be filled next weekend, and finally with salt this time.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996

Worked on final stand touches, Light hanging fixture and the overflow, I'm aiming for filling her up tommorrow afternoon, I just need to touch up the overflow, and it'll be rodi time. Pics coming tonight

Reefmaster1996

Sneak peek; Franken light gets a new paintjob, (got it from a coworker at lfs for free, its a 250w halide that actually is really nice) it will be a temporary light while I work on a killer led build, and it will also serve as good comparison for the leds. Its called franken light because it is from a 6ft halide t5 combo cut into on small single halide portion and originally had a bird nest of wires and the splash guard held in place by twisty ties form bread packages.

post-69045-0-23985900-1386477735_thumb.jpg

I'm excited for you because my tank got wet this weekend, too.

I'm also jealous that your build timeline was only 6 weeks, whereas mine was 8 months.

Reefmaster1996

Actually if you take a look at my first post ive been woking on this tank for a little over a year now and its still not done ;)

And I appreciate the excitement.

Reefmaster1996

no worries, sometimes really good things take a long time, im satisfied 100% with this build, I don't care if takes another 2yrs to finish, as long as I do it right. no cutting corners on this project, only the best I can afford.

Just wait. When I have a job, I have an idea in my head for one last tank.

It requires that I partially finish my crawl space for the equipment room and reinforce the kitchen floor, move a couple outlets...

Reefmaster1996

Tank is sitting in livingroom, ran out of time last night, at school, but working on tank when I get home so i can fill tommorrow or tonight

Reefmaster1996

So I was thinking and since I'm going on vacation to Venezuela to visit family during the holidays for 10 days, starting the friday after next, I'm holding of filling the tank just in case something goes wrong while I'm gone, which usually happens lol! Any way after over a year, she's in her final resting place, and looking better than ever. hope you guys like what you see. PS: the halide fixture is temporary and the light post sticks out of the front a little on purpose, it will be cut later, the cord management is not final I still have to order either red or white braided cord sleeving, WHAT COLOR SHOULD I GET RED OR WHITE?

post-69045-0-60777100-1386639609_thumb.jpg

post-69045-0-55185700-1386639619_thumb.jpg

So I was thinking and since I'm going on vacation to Venezuela to visit family during the holidays for 10 days, starting the friday after next, I'm holding of filling the tank just in case something goes wrong while I'm gone, which usually happens lol! Any way after over a year, she's in her final resting place, and looking better than ever. hope you guys like what you see. PS: the halide fixture is temporary and the light post sticks out of the front a little on purpose, it will be cut later, the cord management is not final I still have to order either red or white braided cord sleeving, WHAT COLOR SHOULD I GET RED OR WHITE?

Yeah i hear that... I had to postpone filling my tank a few times initially due to travel. No waiting 2 more years though.. you'll be done graduated and moved off to dorm land and have to downsize to a 10g.. You going to skin the stand?

Reefmaster1996

Yeah it's going to be fogged acrylic and I have these cool LEDs that should make the stand look something like this but with slowly fading different colors. Also I plan on getting my 4yr degree in state, probably USF which is 30min away so I will be able to stay home and go to class when I want,then I'll go maybe out of state for law school, or in state, plus my mom still cooks for me and does my laundry so I might as well stay! Lol ;)

So red wire sleeves then?

Red sleeves on the way

post-69045-0-19942300-1386696501_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

I'm currently out of town for until the 1st so will fill tank and cycle with zeovit asap. Any tips on quoick cycling a tank with zeovit? all my other fish and coral are being taken care of at the lfs I work at. looking forward to a new fts (filled tank shot). :wub:

Reefmaster1996

Finally!!!! Tank is getting wet and will be filled by tommorrow morning, curse the slow trickle of rodi, fts tommorow, so far the tropic eden sand is amazing, no cloudiness in the water at all! Definately reccomend it, cleanest sand I've ever used! Also dry rock has been ordered and will be picked up tommorrow or Sunday, and bought a pair of perculas, one grade a Picasso and a Picasso onyx, both small,I will pick them up at work next Friday and hopefully after a quick zeovit cyle they will find a new home in my tank. Also I ordered a 300w ehiem jäger heater as it was on sale and it's cold in florida.

post-69045-0-83343200-1388794431_thumb.jpg

Reefmaster1996

Tank doing better after 24 hrs of skimming, die off and the DIY coral food I put in to dirty the water and break it in.

post-69045-0-20536800-1388931708_thumb.jpg

post-69045-0-37189900-1388931730_thumb.jpg

post-69045-0-10586800-1388931846_thumb.jpg

Tank doing better after 24 hrs of skimming, die off and the DIY coral food I put in to dirty the water and break it in.

Are those dj power strips on the back?

Archived