Cultivated Reef

REEFMASTER's Breaking down, leaving hobby for a while

Reefmaster1996

Alright I guess if not I can always return the pump and get the bigger sicce.

I'm going with the ehiem 1262 (900gph).

what return did you end up getting? I have the 1262 in mine.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996

I haven't gotten one yet but I'm probably going with 2 sicce 3.5 or 3.0. Dual return pumps are going to bad a$$ to say the least, I'm going all out on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

Finished sump seams yesterday and they came out sexy! I just have to do the bottom seam so it's a little more watertight just in case. I'm going to completely redo the display, I used tape to set the seam lines on the sump and I won't build another tank without using this method. I ordered silicone last week and it arrived on Tuesday this week so I just have to find the time to rebuild the display. I'm also going to sand down the stand real well and paint her up real soon. I'll add he acrylic sheets that cover her whenever I get her setup in the house. Oh and about that I made a post earlier in the thread about a second wing bieng added to the second flor of my house. Well it will have a decent sized living room that I will turn into a game room/fish room. I ll set this tank in their instead of downstairs and probably a predator tank too!

• 3 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

I'll update pics tommorrow, I have had the sump filled with water to test out my craftsmanship which has yet to fail me lol! I am going to start redoing the Main display soon( maybe next week) and I think all drill two more holes so that I have a bean animal overflow system which is basically two herbies in one Overflow box. My overflow as seen before will be coast to coast or span the entire length(width)of the tank. Check out the front pg to see some changes, including stocking change and updated info on build, I am definatly doing zeovit on is system too after looking into it and seeing the results first hand at work and in nanotopias, and arkaygoldy's tank here on nano reef. I cut out the purigen and labeled the GFO as optional because with carbon dosing(zeovit,) skimming, carbon, dosing(alk, calcium, mag and misc zeovit products) and a good size fuge I think I can run this thing with minimal water changes. Other than that so far that's whats going on with this tank. I have it literally all built in my head I just am taking my time and doing it right the first time. Pics coming tommorrow and I'll keep you guys posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

Update:

New deadline for first official fts early to mid july . Pics coming soon and display will be redone in the upcoming weeks.

Reefmaster1996

Oh and schools a bitch, I wish it was summer already so I could make some cash and get this puppy wet.

Reefmaster1996

Started removing silicone yesterday on the display, I'm going to work on it a little every day or whenever possible, hopefully by the end it will have one more drain hole (1.5 in) (bean animal overflow design) and no air bubbles with a sexy seam.

• 4 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

Yeah it's hard to resist putting my hands in my 20 gallon as it is. Can't wait to finish this projec, stay tuned guys, I have big plans for this tank, check out pg 1 for an updated project description, a few changes have been made.

• 2 weeks later...
Reefmaster1996

Worked on tank today, will order drill bits of eBay later this week(1: 1 1/8" and 1: 1 3/4) along with plumbing supplies exit week (nylon tubing , sch 80 tubing, ball valves,etc). When the drill bits arrive I'll add two more 1/2" return bulkheads and one 1" bulkhead giving me a total of 4:1/2" returns and 3: 1" drains(1 full siphon, 1 partial siphon, and one emergency overflow, bean animal overflow style baby!), and re silicone the tank with taped up seams this time. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll start working on sump baffles and plumbing, the week after that I'll order the returns and start ordering/bulding the equipment from there. Glad summer is here and this tank can finally start coming together, updates will come soon after tank is redone. ;):) :) :)

Reefmaster1996

Glass drill bits ordered, coming in on Saturday, tank will be resiliconed early next week. Then next week I will plumb it.

Reefmaster1996

So far not much worth capturing, new fts when I redrill and resilicone the tank, I know guys, sorry.

On another note, I was at work(LFS) and my boss calls me up to he cashier and says "you built your own tank right?", I said"yeah I built it and my sump" he then said "we'll would you like a project this summer?", "Yeah what is it", "we'll this gentleman has a 220 gallon tank he no longer wants, do you want it?" "Yeah sure ill take it"

So on Monday I'll have a 220 gallon tank that I soon will be selling after I redo all the silicone seams.

If anyone is interested pm me.

Oh and I unfortunately I found my female clown half chopped Up in my powerhead, oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Reefmaster1996

Good, almost done, just needs the serpentine belt system and front disk brakes. It's drivable at the moment, just doesn't have the ac or power steering connected, it's getting there though.

Reefmaster1996

Nothing so far, the fing guy who was supposed to drop off the 220g tank last night(was/is going o be a quick project to raise more money for the cube build) that I got for free didn't, and hasn't answered any of my text messages or phone calls, really pissing me off right now.

Reefmaster1996

guess who's got a black leopard wrasse that's healthy and eating Mysis? This guy

Oh and got back in contact with the guy with the 220, long story short he lost his phone and found it and called me, and I'm picking up the tank this weekend since my boss can't lend me his suction cups until the weekend. Oh and I go the wrasse after eyeballing it for over a week. I love working at a LFS.

Reefmaster1996

Picked up 220 pics soon, it's needs some work but also got a free sump that I will sell soon.

Archived