Innovative Marine Aquariums

REEFMASTER's Breaking down, leaving hobby for a while

Reefmaster1996

Reefmaster1996
It does say it's rated up to 3/8". Are you using the rubber spacer on the dry side? If so, you shouldn't be for that thickness.

FTFY

image-2.jpg

image-4.jpg

Nice lookin sump btw. How does the water flow through the fuge section?

Just so you guys know that is not my tank but my sump will be identical in design, their will be a separate pump moving water from the rest of the sump in the return pump section and the refugium will overflow into the return pump area like this http://s1323.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ree...er1996/library/

Also not my tank but exact same sump design.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep Newsome, give me a shout out if you need any help, im pretty good with my hands although im new to reefing, and i have two garages full of every tool you will ever need. LMK

Reefmaster1996
Yep Newsome, give me a shout out if you need any help, im pretty good with my hands although im new to reefing, and i have two garages full of every tool you will ever need. LMK

No problem, I have a couple friends that go to newsome, I used to live In that area, dang driving to creative must be a pain in the butt! I have way too many tools too, I did everything on that yellow car in the background except the paint job!

http://s1323.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ree...?sort=3&o=6

Reefmaster1996
Impressive, and driving is not that bad, except when you froget half of what you bought and have to drive back -_-

I remember that, that was pretty funny!

Reefmaster1996

Glass for sump comes in on Saturday, will try to build this weekend! And plumb it and run it with freshwater after next week!

Reefmaster1996
Awesome! Post pics of your sump build. I would be interested in how you do it.

Will do, hope I can find some clear silicon for this build locally if not the shipping will delay the sump build.

Reefmaster1996
Will do, hope I can find some clear silicon for this build locally if not the shipping will delay the sump build.

It's 12/12/12 :D

Reefmaster1996
Did your order already ship? Glasscages sells silicone tubes..

Yeah it will be here Saturday and I did add a tube of clear silicone at the last second to my order, so the plan is as follows.

This weekend: clean up display tank and razor off excess silicone,

Assemble sump/refugium, add another coat to stand paint, and after silicone dries, clean up the seams and call it a day.

Week after Christmas: if possible order mag drive 12 and rio pump ( for refugium) and plumb system with PVC to let it run in the garage with freshwater for a month to leak test the tanks and plumbing.

After that we'll see when we can get this thing salty!

By the way, any one interested in a 5 1/2 inch remora, 30 bucks plus shipping anywhere in the US but I prefer to sell to people in Florida because shipping here is usually 11-15 dollars so that wouldn't be too bad. :P

Reefmaster1996

I messed up on my cut list, (3/8) glass :angry:

26.5x21(1) bottom of tank

20.5x16(2)inner sides, because of 3/8 needs to be 20.25x16

26.5x16(2)outer sides

14x26(1)refugium divider, needs to be 25.75x14

Is it possible to correct this after its been cut? Or am I screwed!

I messed up on my cut list, (3/8) glass :angry:

26.5x21(1) bottom of tank

20.5x16(2)inner sides, because of 3/8 needs to be 20.25x16

26.5x16(2)outer sides

14x26(1)refugium divider, needs to be 25.75x14

Is it possible to correct this after its been cut? Or am I screwed!

Getting off very narrow strips is possible but you need a real good glass cutter and then the tool to snip off the narrow piece and that is not going to be easy.

I would find a glass shop and have them do it for you as they have the right tools and cutter.

Reefmaster1996
Getting off very narrow strips is possible but you need a real good glass cutter and then the tool to snip off the narrow piece and that is not going to be easy.

I would find a glass shop and have them do it for you as they have the right tools and cutter.

Thanks I think I can try on the 1/4 inch piece my self like this http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XDco0E9syWs...v%3DXDco0E9syWs

Reefmaster1996
Removing less than the thickness of glass is going to need to be done by a professional, not a dremel.

That's what I am going to do if necessary (go to a glass shop), but if the bottom plate is 1/16 of an inch bigger that ordered and the sides are 1/16 of an inch shorter, I won't have to do anything!we'll find out tommorow what the verdict is!

Fingers crossed,

Reefmaster

Reefmaster1996

Woo! That was a close one, turns out I forgot to order the bottom plate! That's awesome! All I have to do is order it with different dimensions to accomodate the differently sized inner side panels!

So I don't have to go to a glass shop!

Reefmaster1996

UPDATE:

Today I redid the seams on the display, and razored it clean. Pictures coming soon! I recieved my glass for the sump tank yesterday, and I forgot to order the bottom panel ;), and they forgot to send me the silicone so that will delay the project a bit. But it did spare me from spending more money at a glass shop!

Reefmaster1996
UPDATE:

Today I redid the seams on the display, and razored it clean. Pictures coming soon! I recieved my glass for the sump tank yesterday, and I forgot to order the bottom panel ;), and they forgot to send me the silicone so that will delay the project a bit. But it did spare me from spending more money at a glass shop!

Ordering glass panel today, and glass for cousins tank build! Always fun when you get family involved in your hobbies.

Reefmaster1996
Ordering glass panel today, and glass for cousins tank build! Always fun when you get family involved in your hobbies.

Turns out I have to wait till next to order this will delay this step of the project for about a month, but the good news is that they are mailing me the silicone, and they can build me a custom glass overflow box for the tank! Pictures will be loaded TONIGHT! :D

Reefmaster1996
Turns out I have to wait till next to order this will delay this step of the project for about a month, but the good news is that they are mailing me the silicone, and they can build me a custom glass overflow box for the tank! Pictures will be loaded TONIGHT! :D

Silicone arrived today, I wish they (glasscages) could ship my glass but they have to drive a truck themselves and I won't know until next week when they can come down here. Plate with pics coming soon!

Reefmaster1996
You have wayyyyyy more patience then I do

I guess, I wanted to get it plumbed and running freshwater, but that will ha e to wait! -_-

Archived