Cultivated Reef

REEFMASTER's Breaking down, leaving hobby for a while

Reefmaster1996

Reefmaster1996
I guess, I wanted to get it plumbed and running freshwater, but that will ha e to wait! -_-

Just finished filling it up with water so far it holds will update tommorrow morning.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996

I have a lot of expensive equipment to buy, apex system, skimmer, mp10 , diy LEDs, etc. That and I have other things going on at the moment so I want it running salt by spring break, we'll see how that goes.

Also so far the tank is holding up to its intended use. I'm about to upload pics!

Reefmaster1996

The tank has hit the three day mark its looking good so far and it hasn't sprung a leak or exploded lol. Like this http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/12/19/15-injured-as-33-ton-shark-tank-aquarium-bursts-shopping-centre-china/ it's funny because my boss joked around after he showed me this article saying that he hoped that's not what my tank was going to end up like since I built it myself and its rimless. Merry Christmas Eve!

Reefmaster1996

Glass and overflow ordered and expected on Saturday , January 19th. By the 26th of January the sump will be completed and so will the overflow hopefully. Plumbing is set to spring break unfortunately due to other projects, but it will be running and stocked by summer garunteed.

The tank has hit the three day mark its looking good so far and it hasn't sprung a leak or exploded lol. Like this http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/12/19/15-injured-as-33-ton-shark-tank-aquarium-bursts-shopping-centre-china/ it's funny because my boss joked around after he showed me this article saying that he hoped that's not what my tank was going to end up like since I built it myself and its rimless. Merry Christmas Eve!

I sure hope that the same does not happen to you !

Reefmaster1996

Thanks, it's been 6 days and this tank looks solid, it's going to sit full in the garage for a couple of months while I scavenge parts and equipment. Hopefully soon I can get two mp 10s in it and make a giant wave in the tank to see if it can handle the stress. So far so good.

Just read through your build so far.. Tank looks really good. I am looking forward to seeing your sump when you get it done. Should be a pretty dope setup. I will be following along. I am currently doing a build myself also.. Not to the extreme you are.. But slowly buying the "right" equipment instead of just getting stuff that "works". Keep it up.

Reefmaster1996

Thanks man, I'm getting the glass in on the 19 th so I should build the sump by then, I'll make sure to post pics, I'm trying to go all out on this build. That's why it's taking so long, I'm already 400$ into this build and I haven't even bought any equipment yet.

Thanks man, I'm getting the glass in on the 19 th so I should build the sump by then, I'll make sure to post pics, I'm trying to go all out on this build. That's why it's taking so long, I'm already 400$ into this build and I haven't even bought any equipment yet.

Going slow never hurts ... :-) and yes the $ can build up really quickly sometimes indeed. Good luck with it all

Archived