Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

I transferred the corals that were still in decent shape from the 3. This scoly used to cover the whole skeleton, I'm going to try to get it back to its glory days.

15E7AA23-87FB-4CF1-BE9E-ADB81878E63A-690-0000003DDCE0763D.jpg

I also transferred the plate coral that isn't in the best shape but I think I can nurse it back to health.

9E5EB8D3-EA3F-43F3-991B-D351F72DA279-690-0000003DE664D8B3.jpg

And a shot of the hog fish doin what he does.

7E00F372-B53B-4E9F-9085-5FF9080C5FBD-690-0000003DE91962D4.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just put in an order for 2 brs 2 part dosers. I'm likin the door buster deals they are offering. I saved 60 bucks on the dosers, hopefully I am able to find some other great deals on equipment during black Friday.

My dang fuzzy chiton already bit the dust. A couple people told me that they were short lived in aquariums but I tried one anyways. It was really cool while it lasted but I dont think I will get another.

In other news, my plate coral is looking better than it has in months! I think I will have it back to its original glory in no time.

actinic

7A57F896-D2E2-4916-BDA3-3A9A59F5C417-2428-000001B836934D82.jpg

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, JG!!!!!!

I love the new hogfish. What a great splash of yellow color!!!! And the plate is really pretty too!!!!!!

Your birthday is in 2 days?????? Happy Birthday!!!!!!

I like the idea of a pH probe for the controller. That's something I'm going to get probably this weekend. The display on my Apex shows the pH and I'm tired of staring at a reading that is NOT what is going on in the tank :lol: They are relatively cheap too. The wife will like that :)

Tomorrow is my birthday so I am going to the Lfs to see what I can talk my wife into buyin me. Hopefully I have a nice little update later today.

Nice to see another Colorado Reefer!

Definitely. You're not too far from me either. I feel like us reefers are few and far between here in Colorado.

Happy Birthday, JG!!!!!! :wizard:

i hope you get/got some gooood stuff!!!!!!!

Thanks gena. I'm gettin old lol. I ended up not getting anything yesterday since my Lfs didn't have anything I absolutely wanted in the tank. My wife is going to take me to a different store we haven't been to in a while to see what they have. Hopefully I find something.

:lol: same here.

Thanks Jr. I'm hoping to find something worthy of going in the tank today.

Thanks gena. I'm gettin old lol. I ended up not getting anything yesterday since my Lfs didn't have anything I absolutely wanted in the tank. My wife is going to take me to a different store we haven't been to in a while to see what they have. Hopefully I find something.

I hope you find something at the other store :)

Enjoy your day!!!!!

I hope you find something at the other store :)

Enjoy your day!!!!!

I hope I find something as well. They usually have some pretty cool inverts so maybe ill add a couple inverts if I find some.

Happy Birthday !!!

Hope you find something good

Thanks man. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe if I wasn't being so picky with this tank I would have this think stocked by now lol.

Came back from the Lfs empty handed once again. The store I went to today just recently changed management and it looks like it was a turn for the worst. Everything had algae and aiptasia on it. The fish looked bad and they didn't have anything I felt comfortable putting in my tank. The display tanks however looked great. I don't know about you guys but it bugs the crap out of me when a Lfs puts all of the good looking corals they receive in the display tanks. Leaves nothing for the customers. Oh well, I promise I will have something to show off sooner or later.

Bummer. Well, they say good things come to those who wait ;)

I agree about the DT's vs. the for sale tanks. I also hate when they have massive colonies of coral in their DT's and won't frag it. Oh well. :lol:

I hope you're right gena, I'm getting tired of waiting though.

On a happier note, my dosing pumps came in the mail the other day. Im going to work on mounting them in the stand and then I will go grab some chems to dose. I am going to be dosing brightwell aquatics A and B. Should be fun trying to get the dosing pumps programmed.

I'm setting up my dosing pumps tonight, Does anyone have any recomendations on what chemicals I should dose? This is my first real venture into dosing so any help is greatly appreciated. I might actually get my first sps frag tonight as well. My buddy that I used to work with at my lfs is bringing me a frag and some beer. Should be a good night.

Archived