Pod Your Reef

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

I havent decided if I'm trolling or not yet.

Haha. That makes me smile. The tank look great BTW! I still have some misgivings about getting the Nuvo 16 instead of the 30.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha. That makes me smile. The tank look great BTW! I still have some misgivings about getting the Nuvo 16 instead of the 30.

I was thinking about going with the 16 as well but decided against it. scaping that thing reminded me of trying to scape a 55 gallon and that made me insane so I went with the 30 because It was easier to scape and I wanted to go as big as I could.

:huh: He took down his 3 and 14 gallon tanks and now has a Innovative Marine 30 gallon tank.

Thank you for clarifying that, I was thinking about drawing a picture to make it easier to understand :P

Looks great, jg!!!! Nothing wrong with taking it slow :)

Love the bangaiis!!!!

Thanks gens I love the cardinals as well. They were pretty shy the first couple of days in the tank but now they are out and about and very curious when I walk up to the tank. I am going to slow down even more with this tank since I think me adding the fish so fast caused an algae outbreak.

I just did a water change and added two smaller emerald crabs to help with a couple patches of gha. I pro ably won't add anything else until I have this nastiness figured out.

Who thinks I really need to be running a skimmer on this tank? I have 3 fish and barely any corals. I wouldn't say that I overfeed but who knows. I feed about once every day to two days and its a very litle pinch of food that the fish eat in minutes.

I had a snail break out a couple nights ago and It is nowhere to be found. There is a trail going all the way down the side of the tank and to the edge of my stand and then nothing. I have searched the floor behind the tank, under the couch and it is gone. The only thing I get out of this experience is that snails can now fly.

I had a snail break out a couple nights ago and It is nowhere to be found. There is a trail going all the way down the side of the tank and to the edge of my stand and then nothing. I have searched the floor behind the tank, under the couch and it is gone. The only thing I get out of this experience is that snails can now fly.

:lol:

Any pets in the house? If not, I say the big bad vacuum monster ate it!!!!

:lol:

Any pets in the house? If not, I say the big bad vacuum monster ate it!!!!

I do have 2 dogs but I dont think they would have ate the shell and all but i could be wrong. It was a pretty big nerite snail so I would have noticed if I sucked it up with the dyson lol.

Looks like diatoms? I think it's very common (even more so) with dry rock. It should go away before too long. Just try to ignore it for now...easier said than done. :lol:

Thanks for taking us along on your journey, I'm following along. I saw the IM tanks in my LFS and can't stop thinking about getting the 30 to replace my 10. Happy Holidays!

Looks like diatoms? I think it's very common (even more so) with dry rock. It should go away before too long. Just try to ignore it for now...easier said than done. :lol:

Its so weird because I used live rock. I didn't even get this much customs when the tank went through its cycle. I can barely stand to look at the tank when its in this weird stage of ugliness. Merry Christmas btw gena. I hope you and your family have an awesome day

I really wish that intank would hurry up and make the media basket for the innovative marine 30 gallon. I need a better solution because the ones that come with the tank are pretty lame.

Archived