ReefCleaners.org

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:bowdown:

Love, love, LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Woot woot! You made me blush :blush: I can't wait to get some of your macros for this tank! I thought everyone was gonna give up on me since it wasn't getting set up for a while. Thanks or sticking around!

Woot woot! You made me blush :blush: I can't wait to get some of your macros for this tank! I thought everyone was gonna give up on me since it wasn't getting set up for a while. Thanks or sticking around!

:lol: I wouldn't give up on you!

I highly recommend macros for the tank. They may take up space, but they are so beneficial to the system. I think I need to upgrade so I can have the big macros AND big colonies of coral!!!!!!

:lol: I wouldn't give up on you!

I highly recommend macros for the tank. They may take up space, but they are so beneficial to the system. I think I need to upgrade so I can have the big macros AND big colonies of coral!!!!!!

I really think that macro adds so much to a tank. They are beautiful as well. I have never had macros in my tanks but I am going to give it a try.

How much natural sunlight is too much? Each morning there is a window that shines light on the tank for about 40 mins to an hour. Should I cover the window so the tank isn't getting too much light?

Does anyone think I should be running my mp10 during the cycle?

I do :happy:

How much natural sunlight is too much? Each morning there is a window that shines light on the tank for about 40 mins to an hour. Should I cover the window so the tank isn't getting too much light?

Lucky. I would totally take advantage of that natural light. I don't see how it would be a problem.

wow it looks incredible jg! i love the rocks.

Once I sell some of the equipment I have laying around I have a decision to make. I'd like to hear from all of you what you think I should do.

AI vega color or Ecotech Radion. decisions decisions...

neither! DIY will be a much better light than those can ever be, and its fun and a lot cheaper!

I do :happy:

Lucky. I would totally take advantage of that natural light. I don't see how it would be a problem.

In that case I will be setting up my mp10 tonight. I am also going to be setting up my ato and my controller.

I have heard from a couple users that having direct sunlight can cause algae blooms and other stuff. I guess ill go with it and see how it goes. I'm sure I will have no issues.

wow it looks incredible jg! i love the rocks.

neither! DIY will be a much better light than those can ever be, and its fun and a lot cheaper!

Thanks jacob042426, I'm sure happy with how the rock work turned out. I don't think I would have been as happy with the dry rock.

I do like diy fixtures but I have had no issues with the pre manufactured lights either. I want a super clean look to this tank and I kow I can't get the outcome I want with the diy route.

I still need help deciding between the AI vega color or the radion. What do you guys think? Or how about this, lets throw t5's in the mix. Out of those 3 options what would you go with?

I would pick ... the vega or the Radion :P

I have the Radion and love it, but haven't ever tried a Vega out.

For the mp10 I use nutrient export, nice random and turbulent flow.

I have a Radion and really like it, although I have never seen a Vega either. I also have my RSM stock lights, sort of T5's, on the very front and back to help with some shadowing I had with the Radion. I think with your scape you won't have that problem.

Love the scape, btw!!!

I would run the MP 10 as fast as the sand will take it. In the beginning the sand is not as "sticky", but after a while you'll probably be able to run it at a higher level. I run mine on reef crest mode.

Good luck and be sure to post lots o pics!!!

I would pick ... the vega or the Radion :P

I have the Radion and love it, but haven't ever tried a Vega out.

For the mp10 I use nutrient export, nice random and turbulent flow.

I think once I sell the equipment I have I am going to try the radion g2. It sounds like it is going to be a sweet light. I usually run my mp10 on reef crest but maybe ill give the nutrient export setting a try.

I have a Radion and really like it, although I have never seen a Vega either. I also have my RSM stock lights, sort of T5's, on the very front and back to help with some shadowing I had with the Radion. I think with your scape you won't have that problem.

Love the scape, btw!!!

I would run the MP 10 as fast as the sand will take it. In the beginning the sand is not as "sticky", but after a while you'll probably be able to run it at a higher level. I run mine on reef crest mode.

Good luck and be sure to post lots o pics!!!

It's good to hear that you like your radion because that is the light I think I am going to go with. I'm also glad that you like my scape, I wasnt sure if anyone here was going to like it. I had some help from a friend on the scape so I owe him some credit.

I am running the mp10 on reef crest right now and it seems to be ok, kind of hard to judge the effectiveness without any corals in the tank though :lol:

I think I decided on the radion. I'm not sure if ill get one now or wait until the g2 is released. I like that its a modular fixture and my buddy has had really good luck with his. Might be getting it really soon!

Finally got around to setting up my ato. This thing is awesome! So easy to set up as well. I. Might look into getting a bigger reservoir if this one doesn't work out but I figured 2 gallons is big enough for now, plus it's the biggest container I could find.

E524D128-9CCD-499B-9DDD-70D326762F52-1130-00000114BA5EB128.jpg

3B6A6C68-3C7C-46AC-B4F1-B9A8872F3295-1130-00000114BD323EF6.jpg

The maxi jet that I used for my ato seems to be broken. I don't see how this could happen since it is brand new but this is just my luck. Hopefully this isn't a glimpse into how this tank will go. :rant:

The maxi jet that I used for my ato seems to be broken. I don't see how this could happen since it is brand new but this is just my luck. Hopefully this isn't a glimpse into how this tank will go. :rant:

i have an extra one that i used for my ato too. lemme know if you want it, we can work it out ;)

i have an extra one that i used for my ato too. lemme know if you want it, we can work it out ;)

I might have to take you up on that offer. I'm going to mess with this one to see if I can't get it up and running but if that fails I'll let you know. It's been a long day and I just dont have the energy or patience to mess with it. on a happier note my tank has diatoms, I am going to test the water tomorrow and see if I can add a cuc soon.

I figured out what the issue with my maxi jet was. It only has a 4 foot head height. I went to the Lfs and got a maxi jet 1200 which has a 6 foot head height as well as a jäger heater. Tank looks terrible covered in diatoms, next purchase will be a cuc.

Archived