Top Shelf Aquatics

Jgpico's 30 gal nuvo. New fts pg. 48

jgpico

Hey JG,

Other than your math being off..... I love your plan! :flower:

The scape looks awesome. I can't wait to see it wet! We have the IM 30 sitting in the garage to go to my partner's classroom eventually. I had originally bought the 30, and then changed my mind and went with the 38 so I could keep all my fish. Instead of returning it we decided to keep it and put it in her classroom. So I'm totally interested in what you do with yours.

fwiw, I wouldn't do anthias in the 30. I don't believe that its enough room for them as they are very active fish that have a semi-wide range in the wild. A small reef safe wrasse, a pygmy angel or other more aptly sized fish would be much more appropriate if you ask me. Then again I'm the queen of understocking, lol. So take that with a grain of salt.

I have decided against the anthias just because of the feeding demands. That's pretty cool that you have the 30 as well. Part of me wishes that I got the 38 but I'm sure I will end up being happy with the 30 once it's stocked. I'll talk the wife into an upgrade later on lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the scape. The only thing I might change is playing with those 3 smaller rocks stacked in the center. Maybe try to fit them together more naturally. The arch is way cool. And really, once you get that scape covered in coral, you aren't gonna see those rocks anymore :happy:

I tore down that scape and put the rocks back in the box to play with later. When I can't find a scape I'm happy with its usually best for me to put the rock away and come back to it. I can't make up my mind on what he overall look I'm going for with my scape. It's going to end up driving me insane!!!! :slap::wacko:

You guys are never going to guess what's happening right now!!

I have actually started epoxying my scape together. I need thought this day would come! Stay tuned!!

i mist see what you've done :D

I'm waiting for some epoxy to dry so I can continue. But I'm liking it so far. Plenty of spots for coral and not too bad to look at either. My wife decided to help me and its a good thing she did cause I still wouldn't have anything done lol.

Like it a lot! That whole middle part is off the floor, right?

The base of the structure is one pice of rock and it is only touching the botom on one end. The other end is up on the other rock. I was actually goin to see if I could get the whole thing off the sand bed with a couple smaller rocks to help promote flow under the scape.

Well done sir!!! Great idea to use the cardboard for reference on the size of the tank! (I did the same thing)

Yeah the cardboard is the exact size so it gave me a great reference as to how high I wanted to go. Also gives me an idea on how much sandbed I have left open for some corals. Great minds think alike. B)

Looks great, jg!!!!! I'm seeing some awesome sps colonies on those two peaks :)

Me too gena, That is the whole reason why I made the peaks in the first place. I am wondering if it might be a good idea to try and get more surface area up there though.

Little change of plans. I went to my Lfs and found some nice live rock. I am going home to work on the scape and hopefully get the tank full of water. I will make some updates throughout the night. Stay tuned.

I'm beginning to think this tank just isn't meant to be. Don't give up on my thread guys, I swear this tank will be set up in the next year or so. :slap:

Nobody is going to beleive it but I got the tank up and running last night. I went a different direction with the scape and I couldn't be happier with it. It's not as fancy as the other scapes with the dry rock but I love it. It gives me a lot of room for coral placement. I plan on doing quite a bit of sps in this tank so the top of the scape is perfect for a lot of different sps frags. I hope you like it and I hope I still have people interested/following this thread. Thanks for checking in and I promise this thread is going to get more interesting.

713E01DE-8038-4706-8D52-95A6B177E8B6-2769-0000016EE24C14D9.jpg

Wow, love it. Really.

Though I also want to know ... wtf was on the TV when you took the photo? haha.

Lol that's bam margeras ugly mug. There was a jackass movie marathon or something. Didn't watch much because I was busy with the tank. I'm glad you like it though. That was before water so I'm going to try and get a wet pic up soon.

I think it looks great!!!

Thanks spiro. It will look much better once its full of goodies!

Once I sell some of the equipment I have laying around I have a decision to make. I'd like to hear from all of you what you think I should do.

AI vega color or Ecotech Radion. decisions decisions...

Archived