Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I did quite a bit of livestock shopping over the weekend. I should really post some pics... lol. What a tease I am :P

Its called hyper melanization. Its the worst at the start but then over time they get better as the clowns build up a tolerance for coral stings. Some times clowns will start with a coral with a lesser sting like a brain coral then move up to euphyllia. That FTS is amazing man. You have some really nice pieces in there.

Thanks man! I have moved the yellow polyps as well as a Hollywood Stunner chalice from where the clown sleeps. Hopefully this is the cause of the marks.

It's a beautiful tank.

I loved the lighting, went back to the first page and saw it's a Radion. Boy I love that fixture, it seems to really bring out the color of your corals.

Thanks! I love the fixture. I have had excellent results with my SPS since I got it over a year ago.

Awesome tank man! Mine's gonna be like this, but way smaller! Mostly SPS!

Keep us posted on your tank dude!

There was a trio of female McCosker wrasses on DD today. I was totally paying for them when they sold. :tears: I have been waiting 2 years to see a female McCoskers wrasse on DD.

Zoas top left to right: Froot Loops, Rastas, Utter Choas, BBEB

IMG_1217.jpg

New Solon Fairy Wrasse

IMG_1238.jpg

Joe the Coral

IMG_1240.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade

IMG_1221.jpg

New Picasso Clown on the right

IMG_1243.jpg

Tri-Color Validia

IMG_1224.jpg

Edited by Arkayology
Looks sweet dude, clowns look good and man I want some fruit loop zoas but no one has um by me

I got a great deal on the zoas so I couldn't pass it up. All fragged by a local with large colonies of each. I'm pretty lucky to be in the SoCal area. I'll let you know when I frag em up if you are interested.

• Like 1
I got a great deal on the zoas so I couldn't pass it up. All fragged by a local with large colonies of each. I'm pretty lucky to be in the SoCal area. I'll let you know when I frag em up if you are interested.

For sure let me know, a local did message me on a local reef site and offered a frag of 45+ fruit loops for 80 bucks, I've seen them go for like 5-10 bucks pp so it's not a bad deal I think

Nice score on the corals and fishies!!! All of them are purdy!!!

Sure are! I have been looking locally for a fairy wrasse I liked and couldn't pass it up. It is doing really well in my tank. It eats like a champ and is very active.

:jelly: my zoas look like ####, seems I've been killing everything lately. maybe its time for new lights, or at least new bulbs..

I hope you figure it out. Your tank always looks so nice.

the new wrasse is awesome! Any issues introducing the new clown?

Thanks! I love the fairy wrasse. It has shown no aggression towards anything, though I think it scares my Yasha goby because it is 3.5 inches. The new clown started doing the submission twitch right away and now is good friends with the larger clown. They sleep in different spots but I am hopeful they will go into the BTA sooner or later.

Nice pickup on the zoa. Finally found the thread... Loving how this is looking.

About time! :lol: Glad to have you on board!

Nice zoas man!

Thanks! I think these will pretty much be the extent of the new zoas for this tank. I have some Purple Deaths, AOGs, and Zombie Eyes that survived the move so I will let all these grow out. I already have 3 new heads of the Fruit Loops!

zooosss :wub: send zoos frag will you?

I would if I could :) or can I? :huh:

Hey Ark, great build cochise.

Question though please. I recently swapped out my T5's for a Radion...what cycle, intensity, photoperiod-length, etc...do you have yours programmed at?

Hey Ark, great build cochise.

Question though please. I recently swapped out my T5's for a Radion...what cycle, intensity, photoperiod-length, etc...do you have yours programmed at?

I run my Radion at 50% on an artificial cycle right now, bumping up intensity by 5% every week. I have the spectrum start off at 12k in the morning and slowly move towards 20k and then all blues as the day progresses into night. I have been using this for a year now and I have had no problems with it. You should start yours low around 35% and work it up 5% each week. Starting too high will cook your corals without a doubt.