Pod Your Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Oh yes! Looks fantastic. The scape is a perfect foundation for what I think you have in mind!

It will be something very similar yes. I like the more open look and seeing more sand.

I added some hermits today to get things moving along here. It gives me a reason to feed the tank and keep the bacteria fed. I will be getting what is left of my SPS colonies and my fish back in a few days or so.

Man you beat me to it! those were the exact dimensions and the exact lighting I wanted to upgrade my tank to at the end of the year. Maybe I'll just make it 24x24x18 just so its a little different B) Great looking setup. I will be following along to get ideas for when I set mine up!

dis tank

harto.gif

My thoughts exactly!

WATER!!!! looking good!

Yup! I dumped a bottle of Dr. Tim's One and Only into the tank along with live sand and some rocks that I have been cooking for a month in a bucket on the porch. I should be ok to add some livestock in a week or so. I have some hermits in there right now for something to look at and feed to keep the bacteria up and running.

Man you beat me to it! those were the exact dimensions and the exact lighting I wanted to upgrade my tank to at the end of the year. Maybe I'll just make it 24x24x18 just so its a little different B) Great looking setup. I will be following along to get ideas for when I set mine up!

I think you should get the same tank so we can compare notes. I would suggest that you make sure to put the tank on rigid foam insulation board before you put it on a stand. I didn't and I had to empty my tank out today because I had a fraction of a mm gap between the stand and tank on one side. It is all better now... I think. :)

I got a small CUC today along with a Yasha Goby and Pistol Shrimp. I will keep the tank as is for a week and monitor the levels to make sure there is no ammonia or nitrite present before adding more. Pics to come when the darn goby stops hiding! <_<

You are wasting no time! Good man. This build will be epic.

You know how I do things 8)

so hot

I know right?

..........and so it begins...........

This is just the beginning!

Looking good. Like the new corals.

Thanks Steely! I am going to keep things as they are for awhile as these are all hardy corals. I don't want to get any of the finicky acros in here until things are more stable. I am already getting some nice coloring in some of the browned out/bleached corals I picked up.

your tank is coming along nicely , i love the clown.

Thanks! I love it too. It is not a super hot designer clown, but it has a certain picasso appeal. I really want to find a smaller one to pair with it.

Edited by Arkayology

Looking good man. Im Excited to see yet another cube of your look awesome! I actually broke down my tank over the weekend and placed my new Macro rocks order last night. So I should have a new aquascape myself here soon!

Looking good man. Im Excited to see yet another cube of your look awesome! I actually broke down my tank over the weekend and placed my new Macro rocks order last night. So I should have a new aquascape myself here soon!

Thanks! I can't wait to see your new scape.

I have two fish from the old 60 cube that I still need to pick up from a friend: Ornate Leopard Wrasse and Yellow Coris Wrasse. That will make the stock list as follows:

x1 Ornate Leopard Wrasse

x1 Yellow Coris Wrasse

x1 Yasha Goby

x1 Semi-picasso Clown

I am thinking about adding some type of fairy wrasse and another semi-picasso and calling it a day on fish. I know a LFS has had a Naoko's fairy wrasse for 4 months. I am having a hard time resisting... though the $120.00 price tag is an easy deterrent lol.

The naoko's are nice. I really enjoyed mine while I had him. The color and activity from them is a bit more unique than most other wrasses.

Did you lose it!? I didn't know... That sucks man.

I am thinking about it... but a Solor Fairy Wrasse would be more in budget.

I lost it about 3 weeks after I got it. He was out constantly after some initial bullying from my christmas wrasse. I moved some rock around to adjust the aquascape and I think he dove in a hole in one of the rocks that got moved. I suspect he got trapped in a rock with no opening. Sucks because they are so nice. You can find them cheaper online on occasion.

very nice pieces! those are a good size too! I've been debating a flasher wrasse, or a Tanaka, a bit smaller than some of the fairy wrasses, but also my tank is a bit smaller.

I lost it about 3 weeks after I got it. He was out constantly after some initial bullying from my christmas wrasse. I moved some rock around to adjust the aquascape and I think he dove in a hole in one of the rocks that got moved. I suspect he got trapped in a rock with no opening. Sucks because they are so nice. You can find them cheaper online on occasion.

I didn't know. Too bad.

very nice pieces! those are a good size too! I've been debating a flasher wrasse, or a Tanaka, a bit smaller than some of the fairy wrasses, but also my tank is a bit smaller.

I've gone through 4 flasher wrasses in my tenure as a reef keeper. I have learned one thing about flasher wrasses that seems to be a universal; MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LID LOL. It will jump. I lost 3 of mine to jumping and for some reason I still did not get a lid. I am not sure I will get a flasher again as it seemed to lose it's intensity without another flasher to intimidate. I loved my possum wrasse though. I would recommend them to anyone.