Top Shelf Aquatics

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

W'oh! Very nice! How much did you pay for that? Looks like a $300+ frag.

I got it for 10 bucks from the LFS B) I think it is what you would call a Tyree Miami Hurricane.

do want that wittle fish

I have always wanted one too. I saw it with a really good price so I couldn't pass it up.

Mr. Microscope
I got it for 10 bucks from the LFS B) I think it is what you would call a Tyree Miami Hurricane.

Very nice! Guess I was a few years behind on that one.

Very nice! Guess I was a few years behind on that one.

Miami Hurricane is my best guess at least. Either way, 10 bucks for a great looking coral is fine with me. It is growing quickly too.

• 2 weeks later...

This tank is coming together quite nicely! I like that first pic with the porcelain in the nem, really cool!

Edited by Markushka
This tank is coming together quite nicely! I like that first pic with the porcelain in the nem, really cool!

Thanks. I think I need to get a better lens for my camera though. Either that or I need to learn how to get my camera to focus correctly through the glass. The pictures are not as clear as I would want them to be.

Wow, it's dead in here hah. I guess my tank isn't anything special to look at yet.

Who's gonna coment on four crappy little pics???

LOL, seriously Things are looking might fine in there Indy, you're off to another great start!!!!!!

tank looking awesome. yes, we all like to see more photo of this tank.

great setup

Ya nice tank. Fellow gaucho?

Ya, I am a grad student at UCSB. Been here for 4 years now with another 3 to go.

Who's gonna coment on four crappy little pics???

LOL, seriously Things are looking might fine in there Indy, you're off to another great start!!!!!!

Lol, thanks.... Hah. I have some nice frags coming in the next few weeks. You will be drooling :P

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
Ya, I am a grad student at UCSB. Been here for 4 years now with another 3 to go.

I just finished my undergrad and now I'm back at home. USC grad school sucks.. the weather here blows man and the girls just aren't as hot. They are also a lot richer.. but also more stuck up. DAMN UCSB FOR NOT HAVING A MBA PROGRAM :angry:

I just finished my undergrad and now I'm back at home. USC grad school sucks.. the weather here blows man and the girls just aren't as hot. They are also a lot richer.. but also more stuck up. DAMN UCSB FOR NOT HAVING A MBA PROGRAM :angry:

Too bad. We need more reefers in SB/Goleta. Not a whole lot around.

As for the girls... I try not to look lol. I'm engaged so it is just distracting.

Tank is looking pretty sick dude... More!

Thanks! I will post more pics when there is something to take pics of. Pretty much on grow mode now since I don't have much spending money right now :(

Any suggestions on a photo box? Has anyone tried the Avast top-down? I found a commensal shrimp in my pink stylo and I want to get some good pics of it. It would also be good for taking some sweet pics now that my SPS is starting to encrust and grow.

I'm jelly of ur wrasse ;)

Is it still alive? In general Leopards are a bit delicate...

So far, so good. I have kept them before and am 3 for 6. This new one is eating well and is very active so I hope for the best.

Any suggestions on a photo box? Has anyone tried the Avast top-down? I found a commensal shrimp in my pink stylo and I want to get some good pics of it. It would also be good for taking some sweet pics now that my SPS is starting to encrust and grow.

I almost picked up the avast porthole a few months ago. Honestly, I'm not the DIY type, but the avast looked pretty simple. I just used regular PVC pre-cut piping, acrylic sheet, and nylon screws. Though, I probably could have used better quality acrylic, but the total build was under $10.

img8591cc.jpg

img8588cc.jpg

Edited by Asureef
I almost picked up the avast porthole a few months ago. Honestly, I'm not the DIY type, but the avast looked pretty simple. I just used regular PVC pre-cut piping, acrylic sheet, and nylon screws. Though, I probably could have used better quality acrylic, but the total build was under $10.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of DIY before! I am not good at DIY either, but I think I can handle making some kind of photo tube. Thanks for the idea Asureef.