Pod Your Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Holy crap, dude! Tanks looking awesome!

Thanks! I am slowly adding more livestock and everything is doing well so far.

Looking sweet!

Thanks!

Looking good so far, 'sir.

Is that third pic down a Blue Hawkins Echinata?

Yup. One of the few sps colonies that survived my emergency tank breakdown.

:bowdown:

;)

Looks great dude! I may have asked before but do you have a screen top? I'd hate to see one of those clowns carpet surf.

Ya, I have one. I take it off for the photos though. After losing 3 flasher wrasses and a yellew candy hogfish to the carpet, I will always have one.

Yeah I love smooth Acros. Glad to hear it survived! Mine is STN'ing right now :(

:( Sorry to hear that. Mine has proven to be very hardy and fast grower.

WOW!!!!! I can't believe this tank looks so good so fast! Great job Indy!!!!!!!

Thanks! I have three or four more acros to get and a couple more fish and it will be right where I want it.

Baby clown jumped!!!! Nooooo! Mpsti05!!!! you jinxed it! Very sad.

Shut up!!!!! You freaking kidding me?????? Well you killed my blue spot then, shipping in a ziplock with holes for air. That's crazy though man, where or how the hell did he escape?

Shut up!!!!! You freaking kidding me?????? Well you killed my blue spot then, shipping in a ziplock with holes for air. That's crazy though man, where or how the hell did he escape?

Not sure. It have been an escape artist. It found the right angle to jump through the bird netting. I am planning on selling the remaining semi-picasso and picking up another pair of clowns.

Edited by Arkayology
Not sure. It have been a freaking engineer or physicist. It found the right angle to jump through the bird netting. I am planning on selling the remaining semi-picasso and picking up another pair of clowns.

Something crazy.. Sorry to hear dude

Damn dude, I stop checking for 3 weeks and this tank goes from empty to awesome! looking good, sorry to hear about the loss, jumpers suck. I have a glass top that does not fit the tank precisely (maybe 1/2" gaps on either end) and I've still had fish jump.

Sorry about the loss, in other news the tank looks like its coming along.

Thanks. I will find another clown sooner or later.

Damn dude, I stop checking for 3 weeks and this tank goes from empty to awesome! looking good, sorry to hear about the loss, jumpers suck. I have a glass top that does not fit the tank precisely (maybe 1/2" gaps on either end) and I've still had fish jump.

I hear ya. Murphy's Law right?

In other news, my clown seems to be getting some black spots. I read this is caused by rubbing on corals. I have noticed that it sleeps by my colony of yellow polyps. I guess I will have to move the polyps as these spots are ugly.

A few weeks ago:

IMG_1064.jpg

Today:

IMG_1216.jpg

Edited by Arkayology
Tank is looking brilliant! Sorry to hear about your jumper though.

Thanks man. It is really coming together.

The spots should go away on their own. My clowns live in a hammer coral and had spots like that at first, then after a week or so they were gone.

At first I thought it was getting more black coloration but I quickly realized it was something else. Glad it isn't something bad.

I think there's an actual name for those "sting spots". I bet Albert would know what it's called.

That's what I found out too.

Its called hyper melanization. Its the worst at the start but then over time they get better as the clowns build up a tolerance for coral stings. Some times clowns will start with a coral with a lesser sting like a brain coral then move up to euphyllia. That FTS is amazing man. You have some really nice pieces in there.