ReefCleaners.org

*~* B's 1yr old RSM *~* pics coming soon

SerenityReef

How did I miss this?! I swear I subscribed to this thread.

Name rejected...but she needs to post herself now as she has a name and her own iPad.

Mandarin pics!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Beautiful mandarin, and it's great to hear she is already eating non-pods of any kind.

In the UK they sale something called a dragonet's den. (click the instructions link and there's more photos and a video)

Part of my long term plans is to copy/make a custom one for my tank as part of my training program.

wp41a7fe53_05.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the UK they sale something called a http://www.dragonetsden.co.uk/dragonets_den.html'>dragonet's den. (click the instructions link and there's more photos and a video)

Slick! Live Food Feeder is also very interesting. I saw a seahorse feeder and was thinking about a DIY version when I move her to the RSM. Plan is to get the LifeReef online after the move in March and hoping that will be a lil pod haven. Trying for a full Zoa top to the bonsai so I want to be very careful about the pods in the tank.

On RSM notes...

I was having a problem with surface skim since she got wet. In a late night guess I threw the stock surface skimmer back in place. I have found this almost instantly solved the skim problem and has given me far more control of the flow and water levels in the tank.

I cultured mine in the spring so the room I had my pods in was in the 70's and they did fine. You could get a betta heater I suppose.

How did I miss this?! I swear I subscribed to this thread.

Beautiful mandarin, and it's great to hear she is already eating non-pods of any kind.

In the UK they sale something called a dragonet's den. (click the instructions link and there's more photos and a video)

Part of my long term plans is to copy/make a custom one for my tank as part of my training program.

wp41a7fe53_05.jpg

That is really neat. A lot like the diner I made for Draco from an idea on Mevlevs reef.

I cultured mine in the spring so the room I had my pods in was in the 70's and they did fine. You could get a betta heater I suppose.

That is really neat. A lot like the diner I made for Draco from an idea on Mevlevs reef.

Melev's...He is a local out here, nice guy, made my ATO. What feeding box does he have?

I've heard people using temperature to control their pod production rates. Temp drives metabolism, and thus reproduction, so by increasing or decreasing the temperature you can drive the pods per day up or down to prevent waste or increase production. However, most of the guides I've read suggest no heater is needed if you're keeping it in your house (garage in winter would of course be different).

I could go way overboard and get a reptile tank and keep the cultures in it lol

He does't have a feeding box, he made a mandarin diner in a bottle.

Ill have to google it.

IT'S MY ONE MONTH BIRFDAY!!

Everything seems to be settling in nicely, went ahead and spot glued the zoas on the bonsai. Dosing for a small bubble algae bloom, and picked up some SeaGel to clean up a little. We'll post a photo dump tonight. Even have the new Avast toy for some underwater shoots!

• Like 1

Happy 1 month anniversary. (Isn't it supposed to be a birthday?)

I was wondering that as well..........on the other hand my wife thinks I'm married to my tank.....

oh ha ha, now that you put it that way. I think I'm in a relationship with my tank too.

Good point...I've been in a relationship with my tank much longer then a month!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're just increasing the odds of your house being robbed with those photos. Although the cops wouldn't notice anything taken, you'd notice the void. :P:ninja:

• Like 1
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're just increasing the odds of your house being robbed with those photos. Although the cops wouldn't notice anything taken, you'd notice the void. :P:ninja:

I do have a Birdnest I may give to you...just not an sps tank. Let Tailes know

1 cheesecake = Birdnest and Marco's

Thanks for the heads up on the LFS

Hehe. I'm going to have to steal some zoa frags from you at some point, some of those Zoas are really awesome.

Seriously check out that LFS though, it's got a lot of stuff I think you'd like.

I'm a mixed guy. I like SPS, but I love LPS to. I really love feeder tentacles (oddly the spell check suggested testicles to correct my spelling of tentacles which would have made this sentence read much different :lol:). And I like bold zoas too. I just like it all :lol:

But I think we could work out a cheesecake and frag swap. :)

It's not that I'm not a fan of SPS, just not a fan of killing SPS. Watching you revive yours leads me to believe you are a better babysitter!

Archived