Cultivated Reef

*~* B's 1yr old RSM *~* pics coming soon

SerenityReef

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can comment silly...you asked for the pic!

Yeah it was minutes before lights out, surprised it came out that good. Saturday I'll clean the tank and get a proper shot ;)

• Like 1

So here's my comment: Think about relocating the GSP to the sand bed. That thing will attach to rocks and never come off and never die. You will want the rock for other corals.

An alternate place for it is the trunk of the bonsai tree which is shaded. Then again that is a good vertical space to attach sticks assuming you want to try sticks again in the future.

You have a lot of purple and blue in the tank already, you sure those are the only colors that interest you? Is this for making the colors pop right? Try the marineland submersible.

I would almost add an all white so you can actually see shit.

It comes off way more blue in the pictures then to the eye, bad cameraman...

I have full adjustment of the AI with the Apex, almost as much of a challenge as a luxury. Half the reason I'm debating a new light the already have the color ranges set.

I have no magenta in the Sol so the would a new spectrum. Who doesn't want their corals to pop? But if I am missing a spectrum that is heathy I would like to add.

I know spectwum too!

IMO I hate SOL's because they got a CW:RB array and only added CB, adding a 403 TV stunner will help the violet spectrum, the magenta will add more red, maybe orange. That's something too ask Jedi or Veng.

• Like 1

I have caught them hanging out too, and its more chasing then nipping, but I see them plenty of time where Neo could care less he's in the tank.

Got a reply from LA reefs on the macro, and I also had mentioned your complaints to them

Hello,

We've grown this macro in all types of conditions and they've all done great. Medium lighting will be fine. High flow will be beneficial if you have lots of pods as they can chew up the skin on the macro. It's usually not an issue unless they have absolutely nothing to eat. Try to keep ca and alk in check at around at least 380 CA and 6.5dkh for alk. This is true with my calcareous algae. Hope that helps.

Did you happen to send the email from a gmail account? Let me know which one you sent it from and I'll see if I can locate it. I'll get into contact with Brain as well.

Happy Reefing,

Louis

Louis did contact me, been prompt and pleasant to deal with since we made contact.

A package is being overnight'd to me for delivery tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ha luv the ghetto Kat voice I heard in my head!

I would have google Mandy pics from where I am...he was looking as fat as my thumb before I left.

Archived