ReefCleaners.org

*~* B's 1yr old RSM *~* pics coming soon

SerenityReef

Oh sorry I lied, did not realize you were talking about the firmware upgrade. I still need to do that. And now that the tank is in my office, even if it is connected to the airport express, you're saying I can cheat and hardwire it to the computer and do the upgrade?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Just plug a hard wire between your computer and the apex. Might have to turn off the wireless on your computer, but that's about it.

Have you posted a pic of your sump yet? I can't remember.

Ok, I went back and looked and you never did post photos. In fact, there are a lot of promises of photos and very little delivery! Is there a fuge in your sump?

SerenityReef
Thanks, will try it today.
I'm really not trying to scare you as it is easy IF you follow the directions step by step. In all seriousness you can turn your Apex into a paper wait in 3 seconds....

The refugium is for the lady of the house to design...I'm sure she would start with anything!

Ok, I think she'll like the codium. Not sure about the chaeto, but I throw it out when I trim so if she doesn't like it, then it's just going in her trash not mine, no big deal at all. :)

:scarry: maybe I should have TS do it?

Didn't we talk about this and you said he was going to do it last time?

I agree with Serenity. Besides this way we can all blame him if something goes wrong. :lol:

he didn't do it, he's kinda lazy. I'll have to beat him with the stick.

Yeah, he got you connected outside your home network, so he should be fine. Veng agree?

His idea of connecting me is not your idea of connecting me.

The airport express has a static IP or whatever. So it cannot be accessed while I am not at home. :angry:

After yelling at him multiple times, his solution was to get me the Galaxy Note II phone (:wub: love my phablet) which syncs to chrome. So when I leave home, the Apex is pulled up on my iMac on chrome and I get to see it on the phablet.

:huh:

SerenityReef

So I somehow managed to loose access to the Apex via my PC...? I still have control via iPhone and iPad, but on a pc /apex or the IP bring up nothing.

Are you specifying the port in your request from the computer? You changed the port, didn't you? Also, are you accessing the local address (192.168.xxx.xxx) or the global address from the computer?

I'm headed to bed soon. Hopefully the above helps, if not I'll help in the morning.

SerenityReef

I was looking at ports but didn't think I saved it.

Added the port number and sha bam!

Added the port forward to the router and updated a password. Think I should be good to access outside home network. Will try tomorrow from Houston.

Thanks everyone for stopping by! A nice start to the refugium.

Archived