inTank Media Baskets

KFMMartin's (not so) Bada$$ Cube

Kfmmartin19

Kfmmartin19

WTF man, your doing my job. Your stepping on my toes here and it hurts buddy!

Attention Ladies and gents, boys and gals. all you prestigious NR prospective buyers. I present you the absolute finest f/s listing you will ever have the opportunity to view. One and yes only one of you will have the glory of owning these gently used (two still new in box) worlds finest LEDs! There's limited inventory, only three to be exact, but will sell as one sweet little package. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own Martin's very OWN lights!! He touched them, he tested them, he even blessed them to out preform anything your tank has ever seen. Now do the right thing and pick up your PayPal account and be the first and only person to buy these glorious lights. You will NOT be disappointed, and Martin's mother's aunts sister's uncle n law, guarantees it!

So HERE, Click HERE, your destiny awaits you

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/330528-ecoxotic-panorama-pro-set-for-sale/#entry4411845'>http://www.nano-reef...e/#entry4411845

My bad bro.

It's obvious that this is your area of expertise and I would never want to step on your toes.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kfmmartin19

So just found out today that my heater has been broken for God knows how long and my water has been sitting around 71-74 degrees...combine that and the super low alk problem I had been having and it's now pretty clear why my sps have been doing awful.

Just figured this out in time for me to no longer want an sps tank lol

Kfmmartin19

Just ordered a bunch of crap from BRS so when it arrives Operation: Pony Remodel can truly begin

*evil laugh*

Somehow I've missed this great thread. Martin, the tank looks great especially with the new light! When are the horses coming?

Kfmmartin19
Somehow I've missed this great thread. Martin, the tank looks great especially with the new light! When are the horses coming?

Thanks!

Well...not sure about the horses. I have a package from BRS coming either late this week or early next week with dry rock, sand, etc. and once that gets here I'm going to completely take the tank apart. Going to remove all livestock, rock, sand and equipment, clean all equipment, make my dry rock scape, put back equipment, dry rock, and sand, and wait for it to cycle.

As soon as it cycles I'm gonna start adding softies, gorgs, macros, etc. and some other fish to make sure the tank is nice and established for the ponies.

So depending on how impatient I am...you can expect this tank to have seahorses somewhere in the 3 week - 4 month range lol

Kfmmartin19
What a sweet heart. Name? :)

Bandit

Almost named him Socks cuz of his feet but Bandit ended up being a much better name for him...he is quite the mischievous kitteh. Two of his favorite things are attacking me in the middle of the night and eating cardboard boxes...

Mellow Jello is an awesome name haha

Kfmmartin19

Ok, here's the plan people. Wanted to run it by everyone to make sure I'm not messing something up. This is my plan for deconstruction/reconstruction of my tank. First, I'm taking out the cherub and he's going to the LFS, and my clown has another home ready for her. Then, Im selling/trading all SPS and LPS in the tank (minus the basically dead ones, which Im just gonna throw out). Then, I will take my 10 gallon quarantine tank and put a large piece of live rock from my current tank in there, as well as my 3 shrimp, soft corals, and what remains of my CUC (not much TBH).

I was hoping that with a large piece of live rock and a powerhead this small bioload would be fine in the QT for about a month with small feeding every 3-4 days. Sound okay?

In the meantime, I will drain water from biocube, throw out remaining live rock and sand, and clean/soak all equipment. Ill put all equipment back in, fill with rock, water, and live sand, add a bit of flake food, and cycle the tank using Bio-Spira (bottled bacteria). Once tank is cycled I will put everything from QT back in besides the big piece of rock, which I will throw out.

What does everyone think of the master plan? Am I forgetting something?

Sounds like a good plan. But to be safe i would add as much live rock from your current tank as possible. The extra bacteria will help keep things stable.

Kfmmartin19
Sounds like a good plan. But to be safe i would add as much live rock from your current tank as possible. The extra bacteria will help keep things stable.

K good idea, I'll add as much rock as will fit (to a certain extent)

Still thinking a few weeks till your next build? Can't wait!

K good idea, I'll add as much rock as will fit (to a certain extent) Still thinking a few weeks till your next build? Can't wait!

Yep just waiting for everything to be built but it should be done by the end of the month

Kfmmartin19

Yep just waiting for everything to be built but it should be done by the end of the month

Awesome!

I imagine you don't wanna give out any hints? ;)

In case anyone was wondering, 15lbs of BRS reef saver rock = 3 rocks...

This varies a lot. I bought 14 lbs for my new tank and that was 5 rocks.

That all sounds like a good plan to me :) If you have a small filter you can run with some floss and carbon on the QT tank that would probably help keep the water cleaner in there.

Kfmmartin19

This varies a lot. I bought 14 lbs for my new tank and that was 5 rocks.That all sounds like a good plan to me :) If you have a small filter you can run with some floss and carbon on the QT tank that would probably help keep the water cleaner in there.

Not sure if I have a HOB filter...I know i have a big sponge filter tho. Would that help?

Kfmmartin19

Alright, here's what I came up with:

null_zps82a58b32.jpg

Ignore the pokemon towel lol, it was just a crappy one I found to stack rocks on lol

What's everyone think? I only ended up breaking one rock, so it's just 4 now

null_zps48e20ce9.jpgLeft anglenull_zps488e9152.jpgRight anglenull_zpsdf487f10.jpgFrom above

Archived